blank FRONTS for t206 or others?

blank FRONTS for t206 or others?

June 7th, 2007, 10:46 pm #1

Anyone have any cards that have blank fronts, but complete backs?

Please post the front and back if you have one.

Thanks.

Rob

June 8th, 2007, 12:02 am #2

Sorry for the other images...ya take the good with the bad....

June 8th, 2007, 12:25 am #3

Thanks.

Rob
Sorry, no image available at this time.

Scott

June 8th, 2007, 12:29 am #4

Thanks.

Rob
Long time no talk to. You feel my T204 blank front is really just the other half of the card, correct? Ramlys were made in 2 halfs and glued together if I remember the conversation correctly....or am I mistaking ?....Have you seen T204s that were pulling apart, from front to back?

June 8th, 2007, 7:03 am #5

Thanks.

Rob
Here are just a few:

I have several more and real nice t206's, some t205's and several other brands both vintage to modern. Most are out at a grading company now.

Kevin

June 10th, 2007, 8:35 pm #6

Thanks.

Rob
are these cards you've created like the blanks you showed in a prior thread? I am sort of new to the board. Am I understanding correctly that you investigate and explore card alteration and card anomalies? If that is in fact your mission I applaud you. If not I apologize for the assumption. If you want to respond to my email that's fine or not at all that's fine too. I'm easy going

June 10th, 2007, 8:50 pm #7

Thanks.

Rob
If Kevin did create those I certainly wouldn’t applaud him…if anything I would avoid doing any kind of transaction with him at all costs.

It's kind of odd I never seem to see these come up for auction, in fact in watching auctions for many years I don’t remember seeing many if any of these type cards for sale. So Kevin where did you run across them????

I still can see the silhouette on the T206 is that right????

June 10th, 2007, 8:59 pm #8

Thanks.

Rob
<<If Kevin did create those I certainly wouldn’t applaud him…if anything I would avoid doing any kind of transaction with him at all costs.>>

Although I will not presume to speak for Kevin, I would imagine that the cards he has are not for sale. Nor has Kevin ever sold anything deceptively or that he worked on.

Kevin has helped many fellow collectors, including myself, understand various changes a card can go through, and how some of those changes are accomplished. I would whole-heartedly endorse Kevin as an expert in detecting alterations of many sorts, and I very much appreciate all the education he has provided to myself and others over the years.

June 10th, 2007, 9:17 pm #9

Thanks.

Rob
Marc,

First off I’m not saying Kevin is his own print shop I was more taking Henry’s lead and saying if in fact he did make them no need to be proud. Kevin may in fact be the Mother Teresa of the card world helping lost collectors find their way.

However I would be lying if I didn’t say that I was the least bit skeptical of Kevin.

Case in point Kevin has continually told everyone on here how easy these kinds of cards are to make. He has even gone as far to state one should never buy these kinds of printing errors because most are in fact fake. He has even roughly described first hand knowledge of how to make many of the fakes that get passed on us each and every day. I may be the only on here who finds it odd that the vast majority of cards Kevin has shown us are in fact the very types of cards he warns us about and has knowledge of how to create……..

Sorry if that raises my eyebrow a bit. Marc you may know him better and that’s great and if I’ve pegged Kevin all wrong my apologies. But for now I’m sticking with my original view on the topic until I see something that makes me view Kevin and his work differently.

Surely you can respect my view, though you may not agree with it.

Best Regards,

John

June 10th, 2007, 9:46 pm #10

Thanks.

Rob
kevins policy seems to be "show" but don't "tell" how to detect the alterations.