1968 Topps Test Teams/Patches

1968 Topps Test Teams/Patches

March 12th, 2009, 10:24 pm #1

I just picked up a type example of the team cards and hope to nail a patch shortly. My understanding is these were marketed together with the patches being an insert, possibly in the Wash DC area. What I cannot ascertain is what type of wrapper these were sold in. Has anyone ever seen one? And why no Pats card?

March 12th, 2009, 11:12 pm #2

my understanding is that the patches were the main product and the cards were used because the patches, by themselves, in packages would be too floppy. in short, i believe the cards were an afterthought.

dc area is what i have heard too. i've never seen a wrapper either, not that i have looked for one.

March 13th, 2009, 12:17 am #3

I just picked up a type example of the team cards and hope to nail a patch shortly. My understanding is these were marketed together with the patches being an insert, possibly in the Wash DC area. What I cannot ascertain is what type of wrapper these were sold in. Has anyone ever seen one? And why no Pats card?
Dave, is this what your looking for? FYI, Not mine. I also saved a picture of the box, John

March 13th, 2009, 3:16 am #4

Nice! Box scan would rock too. That must be a rare pack, geez..... Interesting the Pats logo is on the wrapper but no Team Card. I am having an issue with it being a test pack though-looks like regular production.
Last edited by dsh46 on March 13th, 2009, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2009, 11:39 am #5

box as requested, can't remember where I got the image from though, getting old

March 13th, 2009, 9:55 pm #6

John:

Man, you got some nice scans! Looks like a two-color box proof. Crazy!
Last edited by dsh46 on March 13th, 2009, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 16th, 2009, 2:45 am #7

Thanks. I usually save photos of the rare Topps stuff since I would never be able to afford it, LOL

March 17th, 2009, 3:18 am #8

LOL indeed John-I do the same thing!

March 31st, 2009, 8:48 pm #9

You are mistaken, there is a Pats team card & patch. I have both for sale if you are interested.

April 2nd, 2009, 12:18 am #10

I am not buying but would like to see a scan of the Pats Team Card. Something is amiss with the checklist if it exists. Thanks!