Zazzy Puzzle Kwizz Tyme !!!

Zazzy Puzzle Kwizz Tyme !!!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 26th, 2012, 4:12 am #1

`
Can you see the living creature in this photograph...?

It's none other than Ma Rubber !

She's taken up residence under my porch. Presumably her 'n Pa Rubber are fixin' to raise up a bunch O' wee bebbeh Rubbers & they decided underneath my stairs would make a good place to hide a nest.

And here I thought they were just hanging around RT alla time onna count O' my Francis of Assissi-like capacity to comprehend animals...

Asmara
Asmara

May 26th, 2012, 6:14 am #2

Hope you (and they) have some bebbeh's .... How cute ! Hope you get some pics.

Remember, no mouse traps for da Rubber's.... k?!!!

They will poo on your cement and grass... but likely not on Kaga...
They might snack on your garden though...

Dennis
Dennis

May 26th, 2012, 10:40 am #3

Izzat a box of kitty litter in the background? Don't let no kitties get too close to them!

mooster
mooster

May 26th, 2012, 11:17 am #4

When the little ducklings hatch out and begin following ma duck about, pay careful attention and see if they have any specific reson for crossing the road. Importantly, does it appear to be of a differing motivation than when chickens do it?

I hope to get to the bottom of this shit in our lifetimes.

Peace,

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 27th, 2012, 1:42 am #5

Hope you (and they) have some bebbeh's .... How cute ! Hope you get some pics.

Remember, no mouse traps for da Rubber's.... k?!!!

They will poo on your cement and grass... but likely not on Kaga...
They might snack on your garden though...

`
I might have to set up a fence around People's Collective Farm # Zero anyway, because of this:

Though the only item I am certain (reasonably, anyway) that it has consumed thus far is what I believe was a tiny tree sapling that I had growing in a small pot after transplanting it there just to see what it was after I found it growing in a bigger pot. Weird thing was, it seems to have eaten only the stem, as I found the leaves lying next to the pot. I know where it lives now, though, so I'm about a thought away from dropping him off a care package of "mole treats" to see if that settles his hash !
On the other hand... ...I might just be able to hit this pest with my pellet gun without breaking a window...
heh.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 27th, 2012, 2:21 am #6

Izzat a box of kitty litter in the background? Don't let no kitties get too close to them!
`
"Scoop" is the box the satellite that brought back the Andromeda Strain came in...
LoL

Actually, that's one of a number of square plastic buckets I scrounged from a friend of mine who used to have a cat. IIRC, that one's got a bunch of small rocks in it that I haven't found a creative use for yet.

The mention of cats does pose an interesting question, though.
Namely, why locate the nest there if there are still feral or semi-feral felines still meandering about ?

I'd have to presume that there aren't - at least for the time being.

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 27th, 2012, 2:24 am #7

When the little ducklings hatch out and begin following ma duck about, pay careful attention and see if they have any specific reson for crossing the road. Importantly, does it appear to be of a differing motivation than when chickens do it?

I hope to get to the bottom of this shit in our lifetimes.

Peace,
`
I know why these ones will - though it's likely a localized phenomenon which is the result of a... .ahhh - "geographical peculiarity", and so probably not a general answer to the overall question.

See - there's a creek on the other side of the road from where RT is.
LoL

Dennis
Dennis

May 27th, 2012, 11:03 am #8

`
Can you see the living creature in this photograph...?

It's none other than Ma Rubber !

She's taken up residence under my porch. Presumably her 'n Pa Rubber are fixin' to raise up a bunch O' wee bebbeh Rubbers & they decided underneath my stairs would make a good place to hide a nest.

And here I thought they were just hanging around RT alla time onna count O' my Francis of Assissi-like capacity to comprehend animals...
Well, that explains that. I don't think the nest location has spit to do with cats, but admit I could be wrong. Mebbe one of the other folks in the neighborhood has conducted a feral cat eradication program of which you are unaware?

Bunnies and pellet guns..............now that right there is good plinking! Hummmmmmmm baby!

Asmara
Asmara

May 28th, 2012, 1:08 am #9

`
I might have to set up a fence around People's Collective Farm # Zero anyway, because of this:

Though the only item I am certain (reasonably, anyway) that it has consumed thus far is what I believe was a tiny tree sapling that I had growing in a small pot after transplanting it there just to see what it was after I found it growing in a bigger pot. Weird thing was, it seems to have eaten only the stem, as I found the leaves lying next to the pot. I know where it lives now, though, so I'm about a thought away from dropping him off a care package of "mole treats" to see if that settles his hash !
On the other hand... ...I might just be able to hit this pest with my pellet gun without breaking a window...
heh.
Cute lil bunny... he doesn't eat much !

Do you do the Elmer Fudd imitation as well ? LoL

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

May 28th, 2012, 4:39 am #10

`
I could perhaps tolerate his munchings if all the plants already had reached adulthood. Sprouts can't take the damage, though.

As to the imitation... ...well... ...it's like this, see... ...I call this rabbit Homer... ...Homer Bun, to be more accurate. It's a parody of the name of a character in the sci-fi novel Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov, named Homir Munn.

There really isn't a very good reason for this, frankly, as Homir Munn really didn't bear any resemblence in either appearance or mannerism to a rabbit - at least that I recall. I read this book quite a number of years ago, and I have to admit I don't really recall much more than the character's name... ...and I gotta admit that I have no idea why I even remember that much.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that Isaac Asimov is Russian, and Russians are definitely goddam pests. I can't be sure, though.
I mean - Munn... ...Bun... ...pests... ...Russians... ...I must say, however, I sure do wish I had one O' them "atomic blasters" everybody in that book carried around. I feel this would come quite in handy in many an instance.

Anyway... ...on those occasions when I happen to encounter ol' Homer skulking about, I usually address him in an immitation of Ren the Chihuahua, a character from the now defunct cartoon show Ren and Stimpy - mostly because his dialogue included such comments as "YOU USELESS LUMP OF PROTOPLASM !!! I'LL KEEEEEELLL YOU !!!" (spoken in a cheesy Mexican accent), and to some extent because I once had a Chihuahua as a pet... ...unless that was actually a rat terrier...

It's complicated...