New Trumpy parts

New Trumpy parts

June 1st, 2012, 9:24 pm #1

Has anyone noticed new parts in Trumpy's LAV III ? Just got one and it has a "new" barrel and 2 mantels. one mantel has the cutout and parts for the gun cam also there appears to be parts for a Platt mount. When did the Platt mount start being used? I'm doing a LAV from the first couple of Roto's in Kabul so would they be i use then?

June 2nd, 2012, 2:10 am #2

The Platt came into service early 2009 I believe.

Out of curiosity- Do the new parts have a fabric cover for the back of the driver's hatch? This part is missing in my kit.

June 2nd, 2012, 4:08 am #3

Has anyone noticed new parts in Trumpy's LAV III ? Just got one and it has a "new" barrel and 2 mantels. one mantel has the cutout and parts for the gun cam also there appears to be parts for a Platt mount. When did the Platt mount start being used? I'm doing a LAV from the first couple of Roto's in Kabul so would they be i use then?
Would be used on a Khandahar version for spring 2009, as more blast shields were added to the Lav-III's. The Kabul versions were mostly stock versions .

Anthony

Ian Smith
Ian Smith

June 2nd, 2012, 3:37 pm #4

The Platt came into service early 2009 I believe.

Out of curiosity- Do the new parts have a fabric cover for the back of the driver's hatch? This part is missing in my kit.
sorry no cover.