Aftermarket AVGP Michaelin direction tires?

Aftermarket AVGP Michaelin direction tires?

Darren Gawle
Darren Gawle

March 19th, 2013, 3:59 pm #1

Hi - been a while since I was last here, so forgive me if this has been asked already (I tried a search, but no joy...) but have any resin aftermarket tires for an older AVGP (i.e. Michelin directionals, not the XMLs) hit the market? Last I remember one would either have to source an OOP MLM set or order a set from Azimut and then wait... and wait... and wait...

Has Real Models got any plans? Hussar, even?

Cheers,

DG

March 19th, 2013, 4:58 pm #2

Hello Darren
Totally agree, it is hard to find early variant wheels. Try ET Models, I got mine through Lucky Model, BUT WAIT!!! If you do this be warned you could have a 6 month or longer wait. I've done this twice and I did receive my tires. I would like very much to ask my friend at Hussar, but would do it if their we're many interested parties. As he said to me it does cost to start the master wheels.

Best wishes and good luck with finding your wheels

Darren Gawle
Darren Gawle

March 19th, 2013, 5:53 pm #3

Was it their set ER35-018 for US LAVs which you ordered? I see that White Ensign out of the UK also stocks ET, but they don't appear cheap.

Thanks,

DG

March 19th, 2013, 7:42 pm #4

Hello Darren
Totally agree, it is hard to find early variant wheels. Try ET Models, I got mine through Lucky Model, BUT WAIT!!! If you do this be warned you could have a 6 month or longer wait. I've done this twice and I did receive my tires. I would like very much to ask my friend at Hussar, but would do it if their we're many interested parties. As he said to me it does cost to start the master wheels.

Never order something that isn't listed as IN STOCK from Lucky unless you are prepared to late. I order from them often and never had any issues with In Stock items. As for ET models, try Ebay. You can usually find some of the Chinese/Hingkong sellers who offer the ET wheels cheap.

March 20th, 2013, 2:20 am #5

Hello Darren

Ihope this will help I have been looking for some items and found that this fellow that I have gotten orders from is a distributor for et model just sharing info

http://www.thebarrelstore.com/Etch.htm

March 20th, 2013, 3:48 am #6

Was it their set ER35-018 for US LAVs which you ordered? I see that White Ensign out of the UK also stocks ET, but they don't appear cheap.

Thanks,

DG
Hello all
Yes this is the set of wheels, ER35-018 LAV Weighted Road Wheels (Narrow). This set is noted for the Bronco kit, but it is the best representation I have found for the early variants. Price will always depend on who is selling them, and always for us to choose if we want them. I have of course had the long wait, but I did receive them. If you can get them from a more reliable source with a great price please share. I wouldn't mind buying more myself. The recovery Husky variant is coming!!!!!

My very best regards to you all, and best of luck in your choices.

Darren Gawle
Darren Gawle

March 21st, 2013, 9:49 pm #7

Ihope this will help I have been looking for some items and found that this fellow that I have gotten orders from is a distributor for et model just sharing info

http://www.thebarrelstore.com/Etch.htm
I have e-mailed the Barrel Store - they stock ET Model PE, but they don't list resin wheels. Awaiting reply...

DG

March 22nd, 2013, 1:56 am #8

Hi Darren
If he had them, I would have been all over it. I saw his price on the XML tires and passed. Price was too much for me. Ask Trackjam if they can provide you a source?

Good luck.
Try direct to ET Model?
The only supplier that I found was Lucky model.

March 23rd, 2013, 10:50 pm #9

I just got an email from him about a piece I was interested in and he is doing an order with them in the next few weeks so if you email him asking for what you are looking for maybe he can bring it in for you. Worth asking if your only other choice is waiting on Lucky model to restock? Just a suggestion he had been away so it took a little to get an answer and he was willing to get what I wanted.