2010 Modern Canadian Vehicle WOTIF Proposal

2010 Modern Canadian Vehicle WOTIF Proposal

December 8th, 2009, 4:36 am #1

I propose the details of the 2010 Modern Canadian Vehicle WOTIF build.

The start date will be December 15, 2009. The end date will be December 15, 2010.

Why is December 15th an important date in modern Canadian military history?

The WOTIF build will be focused on the following:

Finishing-

1. A non-Canadian used soft skin vehicle or AFV painted and finished as a Canadian vehicle.

2. A soft skin vehicle or AFV that has been used by the Canadian Forces and has been finished in a different paint scheme and/or markings than they have traditionally been seen in.

Modifications-

If the modeller chooses this may include minor modifications and changes to antennas and mounts, machine guns, stowage, and accessories to standard Canadian equipment.

Storyline-

As always feel free to create a historical storyline and/or technical data to go along with your WOTIF build.

Results-

This WOTIF build will allow the modeller to create a unique Canadian vehicle without heavily modifying a kit.

Examples-

-A Canadian BMP-3 with new antenna mounts, antennas, jerry can racks, markings, paint scheme, and a .50 Cal HMG.
-A Canadian M-26 Pershing in Korea.
-A M1128 Mobile Gun System with Canadian markings.
-A M1025 HMMWV in a Canadian paint scheme and markings.
-A Canadian Leopard C1 finished in desert tan during the 1991 Gulf War.
-A Canadian M38A1 Jeep in urban camouflage with the Berlin Brigade.
-A Canadian M4A2E8 in three colour camouflage and updated markings.
-A Canadian M1A1 Abrams painted in white with UN markings.
-An upgraded Canadian Centurion with three colour NATO camouflage.

Have fun, build safe, the WOTIF modern Canadian AFVs of the world await your imagination.

Feel free to add your thoughts. Once we have enough folks agreeing on the parameters of the build lets have at 'er.

December 8th, 2009, 5:26 am #2

At the risk of being pedantic, we should spell out that "modern" WOTIFS are post 1945.

As for Dec 15 being important...in 95 that was when all the blue painted helmets in Yugo got a fresh coat of Olive Drab

I'm definitely in again. Something from either the Cold War or from 2011.

GD

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

December 8th, 2009, 10:24 am #3

Yes, post 1945 for sure.

Good pick on the start date of IFOR.

There is still another important December 15th as well. Any guesses?

Don Wood
Don Wood

December 8th, 2009, 11:44 am #4

The start date will be December 15, 2009. The end date will be December 15, 2010.

Finishing-

1. A non-Canadian used soft skin vehicle or AFV painted and finished as a Canadian vehicle.

2. A soft skin vehicle or AFV that has been used by the Canadian Forces and has been finished in a different paint scheme and/or markings than they have traditionally been seen in.

Modifications-

If the modeller chooses this may include minor modifications and changes to antennas and mounts, machine guns, stowage, and accessories to standard Canadian equipment.

Storyline-

As always feel free to create a historical storyline and/or technical data to go along with your WOTIF build.

Results-

This WOTIF build will allow the modeller to create a unique Canadian vehicle without heavily modifying a kit.

Examples-

-A Canadian BMP-3 with new antenna mounts, antennas, jerry can racks, markings, paint scheme, and a .50 Cal HMG.

Have fun, build safe, the WOTIF modern Canadian AFVs of the world await your imagination.

Feel free to add your thoughts. Once we have enough folks agreeing on the parameters of the build lets have at 'er.
n/t

December 8th, 2009, 12:46 pm #5

Finishing-

Modifications-

Storyline-

Results-

Examples-

Jason, please count me in also. I will probably go with a 2010 vehicle.
Thanks

Luc Desormeaux
http://www.campmapleleaf.org

Art Murray
Art Murray

December 8th, 2009, 12:58 pm #6

Yes, post 1945 for sure.

Good pick on the start date of IFOR.

There is still another important December 15th as well. Any guesses?
On December 15th, 1964; parliament voted in favour of the resolution to adopt a new Canadian flag. Also on this day in 1837, Sir John Colbourne-Baron Seaton marched from St Eustache to St Benoit to talk the remaining 150 Lower Canada Patriotes into surrendering their arms, before ordering the village put to the torch.

Anyone else have any other Canadian Anecdotes to add? Count me in on the 2010 WOTIF campaign. Just have to figure out what to build.

Art

Cam Scott
Cam Scott

December 8th, 2009, 2:11 pm #7

Finishing-

Modifications-

Storyline-

Results-

Examples-

Can my unfinished MGS from the last campaign be counted in this one? I will have it finished during this contest and I never entered it in the last one?

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

December 8th, 2009, 3:20 pm #8

Yup....bring on your MGS.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

December 8th, 2009, 3:21 pm #9

Jason, please count me in also. I will probably go with a 2010 vehicle.
Thanks

Luc Desormeaux
http://www.campmapleleaf.org
You are counted in!

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

December 8th, 2009, 3:23 pm #10

On December 15th, 1964; parliament voted in favour of the resolution to adopt a new Canadian flag. Also on this day in 1837, Sir John Colbourne-Baron Seaton marched from St Eustache to St Benoit to talk the remaining 150 Lower Canada Patriotes into surrendering their arms, before ordering the village put to the torch.

Anyone else have any other Canadian Anecdotes to add? Count me in on the 2010 WOTIF campaign. Just have to figure out what to build.

Art
Wow....who would of thought so much happened on December 15th....but not what I was thinking of....a much more modern event.

Art, I figure you for a Cold War WOTIFer.