Some real facts :woman are closing in on men in size

Some real facts :woman are closing in on men in size

Brab
Brab

August 30th, 2006, 5:58 am #1

woman are closing in on men in size-Scientific facts

Humans as an average are getting taller and bigger, the mean height of people today might have been considered tall in yesteryears. The results confirm what health experts already know about the changing shape, and what they suspect is the case in other western nations. But what they did not expect was the drastic shape change in women's figures over the years!

According to numerous national surveys, Americans today are an average of 1,5 inch taller than they were in 1950 (last generation, apprx).
But Woman are 1,8 inch taller while man are 1 inch only !!!

Each generation of humans becoming taller than the last.
But woman are closing in on men in size , strength and muscle mass. Woman are , in general,2,3% taller, 15 % bigger, 40% stronger than they were fifty years ago .Man are only 1,5 % taller ,8 % bigger and only 10% stronger than they were 50 years ago !

In 1950 , average woman had only half of man strength .Today woman have 2/3 of man strength .Before 50 years the average man has about twice the strength of the average woman. But today man have only 33% more.
In 1950 , if we compare equal sized woman and man ,woman had 53% of mans muscle mass and 75 % of mans strength .Today equal sized woman have 62% of mans muscle mass andalmost 80% of mans strength .
If so, why?

Growth and height have long been recognized as a measure of the health and wellness of individuals, hence part of the reasoning for the use of growth charts. Genetics is a major factor in determining the height of individuals, though it is less influential in regard to populations. Average height is increasingly used as a measure of the health and wellness of populations.
This is attributed as a significant cause for the trends of increasing height for egalitarian populations where medical care and proper nutrition are more equally distributed. Diet, exercise, fitness, pollution exposure, sleep patterns, and climate are other possible factors.
Today , women tend to eat better and live a healthier lifestyle than men. Woman is slowly discovering the benefits of weight training-more energy, greater body strength ,so new
physical activity brings new genetic information- The new genetic information makes females fetus stronger than ever before .

Each passing decade there is more and more woman who are in better condition than their male counterparts. Genetics play a large part too.The male Y chromosome is unstable- scientists conclude that the y chromosome is in a state of permanent decline. Women superior constitutional strength comes from the fact that they are equipped with superior xx chromosome, so genetically ,they win the battle of evolution.
Biologically, female body resists tearing , and damage, and has far more endurance.
Women's primary hormone estrogen protects them from many diseases that men's primary hormone testosterone does not .Because testosterone man muscles are bigger but because estrogen , woman muscles producing up to 10 percent more power per mass!
Women live longer than men, they lose only 3 % of their muscle strength per decade -man lose 10%

They have just published the results of the 2000 Census in Canada and a very interesting statistic shows up.That must be one of the largest growth spurts in history. If present trends continue, males and Females will be within 10 pounds and .5 inches of each other.

In Britain ,a major study of body sizes shows that the average British female waist now measures almost 865mm — a shocking 165mm less waspish and more sluggish than their Fifties counterparts, whose nipped-in little skelf-like middles were an average 700mm in 1951.
Today's women are also taller , with a bigger biceps , bust and hips, according to 'The National Sizing Survey', which looked at the body shapes of 11 000 women and men, making it the biggest survey of its kind in 50 years. The results confirm what health experts already know about the changing shape of Britain, and what they suspect is the case in other western nations.
On the other hand males population is getting fatter and lazier — 50 years ago 48% of woman and 36 % of man were either overweight .Today 38 per cent of women and 44 per cent of men are now either overweight or obese But what they did not expect was the drastic shape change in women's figures over the years.

In Britain ,back in 1951, during the era of post-war food rationing, a typical woman measured 1 600mm tall, had a 940mm bust, a 700mm waist, 990mm hips and weighed 61.5kg, 13,2 kg of muscle mass(9,6 active muscle mass),15,6 kg of body fat.
Today, a typical British woman would weigh in at 65kg, be 1 660mm tall, and carry an extra 40mm around the bust and hips and 165mm around the middle and have 15,85 kg of muscle mass (14, 3kg of active muscle mass)and 16 kg of body fat .

The researchers concluded that the average British man in 1951 measured 1 730 tall, 920 waist,1000 mm hips, and weighs 76.5 kg ,29 kg of muscle mass(20.7 kg active muscle mass),and 13,6 of body fat.

Today He is 1 765mm tall, has a 1 070mm chest, 940mm waist, 1 030mm hips and weighs 79kg, 31.6 kg of muscle mass(22.5 active muscle mass) , 16,8 of body fat .

I believe it is mostly culture and not gender that has made women out to be weaker but now that more girls/women are training and building muscles for sports, things are changing very fast.
Research shows that women have far superior muscular endurance, they have on average the same ratio of fast & slow twitch muscle fiber as men, women have slightly longer muscles on an equal size frame and as a result they are more flexible, the woman's muscles have greater elasticity and women keep proper form over the length of time in endurance events while men's muscles tire out and they loose form in events like running. While like men, not all women are cut out for sports or building muscles but many women are and many are physically superior to most men in this regard. There are other advantages to greater muscle length beyond flexibility, the longer muscle has more potential at building size measured in circumference. The power a muscle produces is directly proportional to it's cross sectional area. A woman has 75% more muscular endurance over a man and her muscles recover faster. I found that I could out-work my husband in our home gym. When it became clear I had more endurance I pushed my muscles until they became tired and that was more sets or a few more reps with weights. I can now beat my husband at armwrestling, I'm stronger, and my muscles are a little bigger than his. I'm competitive and have compared my strength to his in many ways.
While men have more testosterone, women have more Human Growth Hormones HGH and some research shows women have more muscle building potential than what was previously thought because so little information about women as athletes existed until after about 1970.
The belief that Females don't have upper body strength, has been shown to be simply because they haven't developed it.

Some scientist proves that some day women will be larger and more muscular than men. Its maybe ridiculous at present time, but research on Gender Studies predicts - Women will physically surpass men
In past , sure a taller , heavier male was stronger than smaller female opponent , but what will be when the sexes are of an equal size and muscle mass? In studies carried out at the University of Jyvaskyla in Finland, for example, 10 male and nine female strength athletes (powerlifters and body-builders) performed 20 maximal squat lifts, with three minutes of recovery between each lift. After the 20 lifts, the fatigued leg muscles of both males and females had lost about 20-24% of their maximal strength.They found that the female muscle in tests was producing up to 10 percent more power per mass-That proves that woman are stronger than man if they have and same muscle mass !!!
But why men fear strong women? It's because strength is perhaps the only area in which our culture does not say that women are superior. Thus, as male-only professions and traits are rapidly disappearing from public discourse, strength is masculinity's last hope.
But women are already physically superior to men if you are talking about endurance, flexibility, and strength per pound of muscle. Eventually the superiority of women will not be questioned. Women are continuing to break their records faster than men and will catch up in real numbers sooner than most people expect.
Go to my group and look ;
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/womanw ... rowse/8497

MUK
MUK

August 31st, 2006, 7:47 am #2

Very interesting read. I am sure that the freedom given to women today has allowed them to develop their muscles more than in the 50's.

But I still can't accept the arguement that the gap has closed any.
Men are still a lot stronger than their female counterparts.

My gf is not that much weaker than me, but she works out, I don't. If I went to the gym with her, I know I would get much stronger doing the exact same workouts.

Your article is a good read, but where is the source? Heard it all before but yet to see it backed up with real evidence of academics who are not fem muscle fans

Barb
Barb

August 31st, 2006, 9:44 am #3

You know when your fathers was a young there is maybe 1% of woman who are stronger than he .Today there is almost 20% of woman your age who are stronger than you .That is some kind of improvement , don’t you think .What you think in what kind of world will your children live ?

deepkick
deepkick

August 31st, 2006, 7:08 pm #4

Humans as an average are getting taller and bigger, the mean height of people today might have been considered tall in yesteryears. The results confirm what health experts already know about the changing shape, and what they suspect is the case in other western nations. But what they did not expect was the drastic shape change in women's figures over the years!

According to numerous national surveys, Americans today are an average of 1,5 inch taller than they were in 1950 (last generation, apprx).

But woman are closing in on men in size , strength and muscle mass. Woman are , in general,2,3% taller, 15 % bigger, 40% stronger than they were fifty years ago .Man are only 1,5 % taller ,8 % bigger and only 10% stronger than they were 50 years ago !

In 1950 , average woman had only half of man strength .Today woman have 2/3 of man strength .Before 50 years the average man has about twice the strength of the average woman. But today man have only 33% more.
In 1950 , if we compare equal sized woman and man ,woman had 53% of mans muscle mass and 75 % of mans strength .Today equal sized woman have 62% of mans muscle mass andalmost 80% of mans strength .
If so, why?

Growth and height have long been recognized as a measure of the health and wellness of individuals, hence part of the reasoning for the use of growth charts. Genetics is a major factor in determining the height of individuals, though it is less influential in regard to populations. Average height is increasingly used as a measure of the health and wellness of populations.
This is attributed as a significant cause for the trends of increasing height for egalitarian populations where medical care and proper nutrition are more equally distributed. Diet, exercise, fitness, pollution exposure, sleep patterns, and climate are other possible factors.
Today , women tend to eat better and live a healthier lifestyle than men. Woman is slowly discovering the benefits of weight training-more energy, greater body strength ,so new
physical activity brings new genetic information- The new genetic information makes females fetus stronger than ever before .

Each passing decade there is more and more woman who are in better condition than their male counterparts. Genetics play a large part too.The male Y chromosome is unstable- scientists conclude that the y chromosome is in a state of permanent decline. Women superior constitutional strength comes from the fact that they are equipped with superior xx chromosome, so genetically ,they win the battle of evolution.
Biologically, female body resists tearing , and damage, and has far more endurance.
Women's primary hormone estrogen protects them from many diseases that men's primary hormone testosterone does not .Because testosterone man muscles are bigger but because estrogen , woman muscles producing up to 10 percent more power per mass!
Women live longer than men, they lose only 3 % of their muscle strength per decade -man lose 10%

They have just published the results of the 2000 Census in Canada and a very interesting statistic shows up.That must be one of the largest growth spurts in history. If present trends continue, males and Females will be within 10 pounds and .5 inches of each other.

In Britain ,a major study of body sizes shows that the average British female waist now measures almost 865mm — a shocking 165mm less waspish and more sluggish than their Fifties counterparts, whose nipped-in little skelf-like middles were an average 700mm in 1951.
Today's women are also taller , with a bigger biceps , bust and hips, according to 'The National Sizing Survey', which looked at the body shapes of 11 000 women and men, making it the biggest survey of its kind in 50 years. The results confirm what health experts already know about the changing shape of Britain, and what they suspect is the case in other western nations.
On the other hand males population is getting fatter and lazier — 50 years ago 48% of woman and 36 % of man were either overweight .Today 38 per cent of women and 44 per cent of men are now either overweight or obese But what they did not expect was the drastic shape change in women's figures over the years.

In Britain ,back in 1951, during the era of post-war food rationing, a typical woman measured 1 600mm tall, had a 940mm bust, a 700mm waist, 990mm hips and weighed 61.5kg, 13,2 kg of muscle mass(9,6 active muscle mass),15,6 kg of body fat.
Today, a typical British woman would weigh in at 65kg, be 1 660mm tall, and carry an extra 40mm around the bust and hips and 165mm around the middle and have 15,85 kg of muscle mass (14, 3kg of active muscle mass)and 16 kg of body fat .

The researchers concluded that the average British man in 1951 measured 1 730 tall, 920 waist,1000 mm hips, and weighs 76.5 kg ,29 kg of muscle mass(20.7 kg active muscle mass),and 13,6 of body fat.

Today He is 1 765mm tall, has a 1 070mm chest, 940mm waist, 1 030mm hips and weighs 79kg, 31.6 kg of muscle mass(22.5 active muscle mass) , 16,8 of body fat .

I believe it is mostly culture and not gender that has made women out to be weaker but now that more girls/women are training and building muscles for sports, things are changing very fast.
Research shows that women have far superior muscular endurance, they have on average the same ratio of fast & slow twitch muscle fiber as men, women have slightly longer muscles on an equal size frame and as a result they are more flexible, the woman's muscles have greater elasticity and women keep proper form over the length of time in endurance events while men's muscles tire out and they loose form in events like running. While like men, not all women are cut out for sports or building muscles but many women are and many are physically superior to most men in this regard. There are other advantages to greater muscle length beyond flexibility, the longer muscle has more potential at building size measured in circumference. The power a muscle produces is directly proportional to it's cross sectional area. A woman has 75% more muscular endurance over a man and her muscles recover faster. I found that I could out-work my husband in our home gym. When it became clear I had more endurance I pushed my muscles until they became tired and that was more sets or a few more reps with weights. I can now beat my husband at armwrestling, I'm stronger, and my muscles are a little bigger than his. I'm competitive and have compared my strength to his in many ways.
While men have more testosterone, women have more Human Growth Hormones HGH and some research shows women have more muscle building potential than what was previously thought because so little information about women as athletes existed until after about 1970.
The belief that Females don't have upper body strength, has been shown to be simply because they haven't developed it.

Some scientist proves that some day women will be larger and more muscular than men. Its maybe ridiculous at present time, but research on Gender Studies predicts - Women will physically surpass men
In past , sure a taller , heavier male was stronger than smaller female opponent , but what will be when the sexes are of an equal size and muscle mass? In studies carried out at the University of Jyvaskyla in Finland, for example, 10 male and nine female strength athletes (powerlifters and body-builders) performed 20 maximal squat lifts, with three minutes of recovery between each lift. After the 20 lifts, the fatigued leg muscles of both males and females had lost about 20-24% of their maximal strength.They found that the female muscle in tests was producing up to 10 percent more power per mass-That proves that woman are stronger than man if they have and same muscle mass !!!
But why men fear strong women? It's because strength is perhaps the only area in which our culture does not say that women are superior. Thus, as male-only professions and traits are rapidly disappearing from public discourse, strength is masculinity's last hope.
But women are already physically superior to men if you are talking about endurance, flexibility, and strength per pound of muscle. Eventually the superiority of women will not be questioned. Women are continuing to break their records faster than men and will catch up in real numbers sooner than most people expect.

Here is some clips about the topic, girl catching in men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKbEMqMEMM&NR
Jane and Tarzan 2006, goes well with your theory, funny, look at the end of the clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WdpANDnVMY
Yellow belt judo girl pins higher belt boy during match. A lot of people cheering her on. Guy is humiliated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-hoB5Jls8
fit model-girl outmusle a big guy at gym fair and square, (i dont know what the cameraman does at the end...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSceRnvP-gw
Who wears the pants in this relationship??? The husband is gettin his ass kicked....(we don't see much, but we get the point)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCQ1xzABCU&NR
this guy is soo weak, she can kick his ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_BougUwSI&NR
black guy beaten up by smaller schoolgirl, real outdoor fight
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/54 ... 5093CtBLzo
party

http://community.webshots.com/photo/553 ... 4022CJouxO
15y girrl

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 3rd, 2006, 9:23 am #5

That first clip... it's a dude. At the end of the vid it showed a link to www.myspace.com/mcapri85

When you go there, in the "About Me" section it says "yes i am a drag queen."

zstarch
zstarch

September 4th, 2006, 2:39 pm #6

You know when your fathers was a young there is maybe 1% of woman who are stronger than he .Today there is almost 20% of woman your age who are stronger than you .That is some kind of improvement , don’t you think .What you think in what kind of world will your children live ?
Just as I suspected. I was born before my time! A couple generations later and there would be a lot more sleek sexy female muscle to look at! All we can do now is encourage the young women coming up (who would supposedly have slightly better genetics for muscle)to work out!

benj
benj

September 15th, 2006, 6:48 pm #7

If so, why?

You will need 'Acrobat Reader' for these.
Here are some charts published by the United States Government for Military applications. These charts have not been updated since 1997. If women are making tremendous advances in size and strength as you say I would think these would be updated yearly or at least once in the last nine years. Pages 23 and 37 are particularly interesting.

http://hfetag.dtic.mil/docs-hfs/mil-hdbk-759c-rev1.pdf