Latest news

U.s. Says North Korea Has Not Met Terms

IVXX
Advanced Member
IVXX
Advanced Member

Dec 31 2007, 12:54 AM #1

U.S. says North Korea has not met terms of nuclear deal

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea has not met its commitment to fully account for its nuclear activities by the end of 2007 under a disarmament agreement, the United States said on Sunday, urging Pyongyang to comply with its obligations.

North Korea, which tested a nuclear bomb in 2006, is facing an 11 a.m. EST (1600 GMT) December 31 deadline to reveal details of its nuclear program under a disarmament-for-aid deal it reached with the United States, China, Russia, Japan and South Korea.

"It is unfortunate that North Korea has not yet met its commitments by providing a complete and correct declaration of its nuclear programs and slowing down the process of disablement," State Department spokesman Tom Casey said in a statement.

"We urge North Korea to deliver a complete and correct declaration of all its nuclear weapons programs and nuclear weapons and proliferation activities and complete the agreed disablement," Casey said.

Whole story at Reuters
"He told me there was new intel on Iran.
He just didn't tell me what it was."
~ George W. Bush

alexvegas
Advanced Member
alexvegas
Advanced Member

Dec 31 2007, 01:19 AM #2

And when is the US going to start nuclear disarmament? The hypocrisy of the nuclear debate always gets to me.

kissing blarney
Advanced Member
kissing blarney
Advanced Member

Dec 31 2007, 01:39 AM #3

"We urge North Korea to deliver a complete and correct declaration of all its nuclear weapons programs and nuclear weapons and proliferation activities and complete the agreed disablement," Casey said.
This sounds familiar.
Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else.

Confirmation of reply: