Take It To The New Forum!

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

Take It To The New Forum!

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 25 2006, 02:29 PM

Jan 16 2008, 04:01 PM #1

Let's not post in two places... the new forum looks good.

Let's use it!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave
Quote
Like
Share

miragememories
Advanced Member
miragememories
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 20 2006, 03:15 PM

Jan 16 2008, 04:16 PM #2

look-up @ Jan 16 2008, 12:01 PM wrote:Let's not post in two places... the new forum looks good.

Let's use it!!
It would be so much smoother a transition if the active threads in this, the old LC, could be locked, moved to the new LC, and then re-activated.

MM
Quote
Like
Share

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 25 2006, 02:29 PM

Jan 16 2008, 06:13 PM #3

I know, but think of the man-hours that would take?

Why don't we just resolve to create no new threads on this forum, and only reply to existing threads here. ANy new threads could be opened over there.
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave
Quote
Like
Share

Yonatan
Advanced Member
Yonatan
Advanced Member
Joined: Jan 14 2008, 10:11 AM

Jan 16 2008, 06:20 PM #4

I just got here :(
Quote
Like
Share

mynameis
Advanced Member
mynameis
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 4 2006, 03:04 PM

Jan 16 2008, 06:37 PM #5

Yonatan @ Jan 16 2008, 06:20 PM wrote: I just got here :(
I wish it were easier on us, but I don't know if it's possible to do an information transfer. :(
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home." -- James Madison
"Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt?" -- last words of Socrates, recorded by Plato (Phaedo 118a, tr. B. Jowett)
<A href="http://www.aclu.org/clock"><IMG src="http://www.aclu.org/images/buttons/surv ... iliate.gif" border=0></A>
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=6711696
Use www.Scroogle.org more - http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/usatoday.html
Quote
Like
Share

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 25 2006, 02:29 PM

Jan 16 2008, 07:18 PM #6

this forum will still be available in read-only, so we can post links still, and have new comments on those same topics stay in the new forum.
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave
Quote
Like
Share

T3QuillAMocKINGbird
Advanced Member
T3QuillAMocKINGbird
Advanced Member
Joined: Sep 9 2007, 12:08 PM

Jan 16 2008, 07:35 PM #7

I actually ported an Invisionfree board to PHPBB2 and told the admin about it but it doesn't look like they will implement it. I already have the database that they could copy over too. Not sure if they had to move the board out of the US and there may have been a charge for the backup of data that could have been charged by the megabyte.

It would have copied over all user accounts posts and PM's.
Quote
Like
Share

Headhunter
Advanced Member
Headhunter
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 3 2007, 11:11 PM

Jan 16 2008, 10:10 PM #8

Please post a link to it. Thanks.
Quote
Like
Share

Front242
Advanced Member
Front242
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 27 2006, 02:02 PM

Jan 16 2008, 10:59 PM #9

Am i missing something here?

As far as i can see, the people who run InvisionFree are the same people who now run Zetaboards and they offer a free conversion from one software to the other.

Here is the announcement at InvisionFree:

http://support.invisionfree.com/index.p ... pic=429507
We believe that the beta of our new ZetaBoards software has reached sufficient quality to begin transitioning this forum to ZetaBoards. Starting soon, we will shut down the support section only and transfer it to a new ZetaBoards forum. You can go there to get all the same InvisionFree support; it will be just like this forum, but running on our new ZetaBoards software for ease of use and ease of moderation.
And here is the one at Zetaboards:

http://support.zetaboards.com/topic/42858/1/#new
InvisionFree boards may now opt into the conversion from their Admin CP (click on the "Convert to ZetaBoards" menu option).
We will ramp up the pace of conversions of boards over the next few days. As soon as we have a good feel for how many boards are opting into the conversion and how long the converter will take for them, we will post a timeline for how long a conversion will take from the time you opt-in.
You do not need to opt into the conversion right now, you can make the decision at any time.
Why don't you simply use their conversion offer?
Quote
Like
Share

Sureshot
Advanced Member
Sureshot
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 21 2006, 03:13 PM

Jan 16 2008, 11:21 PM #10

Front242 @ Jan 16 2008, 03:59 PM wrote: Am i missing something here?

As far as i can see, the people who run InvisionFree are the same people who now run Zetaboards and they offer a free conversion from one software to the other.

Here is the announcement at InvisionFree:

http://support.invisionfree.com/index.p ... pic=429507
We believe that the beta of our new ZetaBoards software has reached sufficient quality to begin transitioning this forum to ZetaBoards. Starting soon, we will shut down the support section only and transfer it to a new ZetaBoards forum. You can go there to get all the same InvisionFree support; it will be just like this forum, but running on our new ZetaBoards software for ease of use and ease of moderation.
And here is the one at Zetaboards:

http://support.zetaboards.com/topic/42858/1/#new
InvisionFree boards may now opt into the conversion from their Admin CP (click on the "Convert to ZetaBoards" menu option).
We will ramp up the pace of conversions of boards over the next few days. As soon as we have a good feel for how many boards are opting into the conversion and how long the converter will take for them, we will post a timeline for how long a conversion will take from the time you opt-in.
You do not need to opt into the conversion right now, you can make the decision at any time.
Why don't you simply use their conversion offer?
Checking into it right now....

A Supporter Member of AE911Truth.org. Join today!
MySpace
Youth for 9/11 Truth
Quote
Like
Share

Sureshot
Advanced Member
Sureshot
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 21 2006, 03:13 PM

Jan 16 2008, 11:21 PM #11

Hmmm, very interesting. Dylan is the only one that can do it though, root admins only.

A Supporter Member of AE911Truth.org. Join today!
MySpace
Youth for 9/11 Truth
Quote
Like
Share

Front242
Advanced Member
Front242
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 27 2006, 02:02 PM

Jan 16 2008, 11:30 PM #12

Sureshot @ Jan 16 2008, 06:21 PM wrote: Hmmm, very interesting. Dylan is the only one that can do it though, root admins only.
Yes, only the owner can do it. Please inform him.
Quote
Like
Share

888LetsRoll
Advanced Member
888LetsRoll
Advanced Member
Joined: Sep 12 2007, 04:33 PM

Jan 16 2008, 11:41 PM #13

I would like a copy of the old site... it contains much more than we think. how much &#036;&#036; for a copy..

6,600 or so entries is that correct.... NO... if you hit search and *.* it should show everything .. so, I wonder how many DVD's the old site has in its data store?

or just link it to the new site under "Old Site Archive" just allow search engine scans and read only.
Quote
Like
Share

alive and still talking
Advanced Member
Joined: Feb 3 2007, 11:09 PM

Jan 17 2008, 12:27 AM #14

yeah, time to package the old site and sell it like you do the videos

there are many who would find our discourse both informative and entertaining and jump in :)
Quote
Like
Share

Front242
Advanced Member
Front242
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 27 2006, 02:02 PM

Jan 17 2008, 07:33 PM #15

Front242 @ Jan 16 2008, 06:30 PM wrote:
Sureshot @ Jan 16 2008, 06:21 PM wrote: Hmmm, very interesting. Dylan is the only one that can do it though, root admins only.
Yes, only the owner can do it. Please inform him.
And? Dylan?
Quote
Like
Share


Confirmation of reply: