Pakistan's Bhutto Assassinated

Latest news

Pakistan's Bhutto Assassinated

mynameis
Advanced Member
mynameis
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 4 2006, 03:04 PM

Dec 27 2007, 01:37 PM #1

Pakistan's Musharraf says can't be responsible for the lack or security thereof.
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home." -- James Madison
"Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt?" -- last words of Socrates, recorded by Plato (Phaedo 118a, tr. B. Jowett)
<A href="http://www.aclu.org/clock"><IMG src="http://www.aclu.org/images/buttons/surv ... iliate.gif" border=0></A>
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=6711696
Use www.Scroogle.org more - http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/usatoday.html
Quote
Like
Share

greengee
Member
Joined: Oct 22 2006, 03:10 PM

Dec 27 2007, 02:01 PM #2

It was only a matter of time before there was a successful attempt on her life.

Although there were reports coming out of Pakistan that she had survived. Sadly these seem to be false.
Quote
Like
Share

STEALTH
Advanced Member
STEALTH
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 14 2007, 02:34 PM

Dec 27 2007, 02:30 PM #3

As if Musharraf would have her be alive for the coming elections.
Quote
Like
Share

IVXX
Advanced Member
IVXX
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 20 2006, 06:40 PM

Dec 27 2007, 02:52 PM #4

Suicide bomber kills opposition leader, at least 20 others at rally

RAWALPINDI, Pakistan - Pakistan opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in a suicide bombing that also killed at least 20 others at a campaign rally, a party aide and a military official said.

"At 6:16 p.m. she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party who was at Rawalpindi General Hospital where she was taken after the attack.

“She has been martyred,” added party official Rehman Malik. Bhutto was 54.


Whole story at MSNBC
"He told me there was new intel on Iran.
He just didn't tell me what it was."
~ George W. Bush
Quote
Like
Share

ron1872
Advanced Member
ron1872
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 15 2007, 03:51 PM

Dec 27 2007, 03:08 PM #5

Have a look at the timestamp on the Jewish Task Force forum >> 8:46!

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php? ... 149444#new
Truth forum Netherlands: http://www.911nederland.nl

Quote
Like
Share

ron1872
Advanced Member
ron1872
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 15 2007, 03:51 PM

Dec 27 2007, 03:10 PM #6

I got the news from another forum:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php? ... 149444#new

Have a look on the timestamp of the original message: 8:46!
Truth forum Netherlands: http://www.911nederland.nl

Quote
Like
Share

kissing blarney
Advanced Member
kissing blarney
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 9 2007, 11:04 PM

Dec 27 2007, 03:17 PM #7

ron1872 @ Dec 27 2007, 10:08 AM wrote: Have a look at the timestamp on the Jewish Task Force forum >> 8:46!

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php? ... 149444#new
What a warm and friendly group that is.
Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else.
Quote
Like
Share

travis
Advanced Member
travis
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 21 2006, 01:19 AM

Dec 27 2007, 03:18 PM #8

Have any of you read some of things on that Jewish forum? If any other race posted things like they would be locked up.
Quote
Like
Share

discobee
Advanced Member
discobee
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 29 2007, 11:44 PM

Dec 27 2007, 03:19 PM #9

greengee @ Dec 27 2007, 03:01 PM wrote: It was only a matter of time before there was a successful attempt on her life ....
Yes, but will it only be a matter of time before Musharraf goes the same way, or will he still be there 5 years from now? What's he got, a lucky rabbits foot or something?

Cigars all round at Langley I'll bet.
The torch of liberty burns strongly today.
Quote
Like
Share

travis
Advanced Member
travis
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 21 2006, 01:19 AM

Dec 27 2007, 03:24 PM #10

Cigars all round at Langley I'll bet.
I did not know Mossad has an office in Langley?
Quote
Like
Share

ron1872
Advanced Member
ron1872
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 15 2007, 03:51 PM

Dec 27 2007, 03:32 PM #11

travis @ Dec 27 2007, 10:18 AM wrote: Have any of you read some of things on that Jewish forum? If any other race posted things like they would be locked up.
I did, but the earliest topics are from 2006, maybe they have an archive somewhere on the internet. This is a more than interesting group to follow their activities!!
Truth forum Netherlands: http://www.911nederland.nl

Quote
Like
Share

discobee
Advanced Member
discobee
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 29 2007, 11:44 PM

Dec 27 2007, 04:05 PM #12

Just caught the end of some shillster on Sky News pointing out that ... there are many radical Islamic groups, not just the Taliban ... - no doubt they'd been mentioned - he he, no they won't be blaming this one on 'Al-Qaeda' thats for sure, lest people start to wonder why 'Al-Qaeda' are killing America's political enemies. No, this one was the other terrorists, and people will be taking great pains to point that out.
Quote
Like
Share

Hierosis
Advanced Member
Hierosis
Advanced Member
Joined: Feb 14 2007, 02:21 AM

Dec 27 2007, 04:08 PM #13

ron1872 @ Dec 27 2007, 03:08 PM wrote: Have a look at the timestamp on the Jewish Task Force forum >> 8:46!

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php? ... 149444#new
And?
Quote
Like
Share

STEALTH
Advanced Member
STEALTH
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 14 2007, 02:34 PM

Dec 27 2007, 04:31 PM #14

Why not leave this in The Lounge?

Too many topics getting killed off once they have moved.
Quote
Like
Share

reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
Joined: Jan 14 2007, 05:32 AM

Dec 27 2007, 04:52 PM #15

I just got the news on her assassination.
Geez.
She was a threat, no more.
This is a crime, a tragedy, a cold-hearted killing of a warm human being.
There HAS to be some / numerous connections to ISI (=CIA).
Supposedly "Islamic militants linked to al-Qaida and the Taliban hated Bhutto for her close ties to the Americans and support for the war on terrorism. A local Taliban leader reportedly threatened to greet Bhutto's return to the country with suicide bombings" according to the Yahoo news.
I have to wonder, if she was an opposition leader, doesn't that mean that she DISAGREED with Musharaf/ Washington?
Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi: Abeer means "fragrance of flowers." She was 14 years old when she was stalked, gang raped, doused with kerosene and burned alive by US troops outside of Baghdad, March 12, 2006. http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/40481/
Asked why a nuclear power such as North Korea was being treated differently from Iraq, where hardly any weapons of mass destruction had been found, deputy defence secretary Wolfowitz said (June 2003), "Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."
"...the idea of going into Baghdad, for example, or trying to topple the (Hussein)regime wasn't anything I was enthusiastic about. I felt there was a real danger here that you would get bogged down in a long drawn-out conflict, that this was a dangerous, difficult part of the world. I think if we had done that we would have been bogged down there for a very long period of time with the real possibility we might not have succeeded." Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney, 1991
Bush planned Iraqi invasion before 9/11: Treas Secretary Paul O'Neill writes in his book that a National Security Council meeting "..was all about finding a way to (invade Iraq). That was the tone of it. The president kept saying 'Go find me a way to do this'". http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/10/oneill.bush/
Quote
Like
Share

Question.
Advanced Member
Question.
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 17 2007, 12:51 PM

Dec 27 2007, 05:18 PM #16

reformedrepublican @ Dec 27 2007, 11:52 AM wrote: I just got the news on her assassination.
Geez.
She was a threat, no more.
This is a crime, a tragedy, a cold-hearted killing of a warm human being.
There HAS to be some / numerous connections to ISI (=CIA).
Supposedly "Islamic militants linked to al-Qaida and the Taliban hated Bhutto for her close ties to the Americans and support for the war on terrorism. A local Taliban leader reportedly threatened to greet Bhutto's return to the country with suicide bombings" according to the Yahoo news.
I have to wonder, if she was an opposition leader, doesn't that mean that she DISAGREED with Musharaf/ Washington?
Bhutto has long criticized the ISI-Al Qeada relationship...

But yes, otherwise, she is pro-Western Democratic style of government,... not necessarilly pro-Bush like Musharraf.

I wonder why Musharraf has never been killed, since he and the ISI are supposedly fighting these Al Qeada Extremists... lol.
Quote
Like
Share

G524
Advanced Member
G524
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 27 2006, 07:00 AM

Dec 27 2007, 05:19 PM #17

STEALTH @ Dec 27 2007, 11:31 AM wrote: Why not leave this in The Lounge?

Too many topics getting killed off once they have moved.
I thought we were past this.

Topics go to their correct forum.
Quote
Like
Share

Shoestring
Advanced Member
Shoestring
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 20 2006, 05:22 PM

Dec 27 2007, 05:51 PM #18

Here's a report that contradicts the standard line: two gunmen with AK47s killed Bhutto; the 'suicide' bomber was a separate third man.

BENAZIR BHUTTO ASSASSINATED
Munizae Jehangir
NDTV, Thursday, December 27, 2007 (Islamabad)

After surviving several assassination attempts in the past, PPP leader Benazir Bhutto was not so lucky on Thursday as she was killed by two gunmen who opened fire at her right after she finished addressing a rally at Liaquatbagh.

Bhutto got off the stage after addressing the rally and started moving towards her car. Her vehicle moved a certain distance and she was surrounded by party supporters.

She came out of the car and just then two attackers with AK 47s pumped her with bullets, one in the neck and two in the head. After shooting, a third attacker blew himself up near Benazir's car.

Benazir was declared dead at 6.16 pm local time at a Rawalpindi hospital, 40 minutes after she was taken in.

The attack also killed more than 20 people and left several others injured.

Following Bhutto's death, a high alert has been sounded in Pakistan. Shops and petrol pumps have closed in many cities fearing violence.

Shops across Rawalpindi are being torched by PPP supporters. Asif Zardari and his children are on their way to Karachi.

Nawaz Sharif described Benazir Bhutto's assassination as the most tragic incident in the history of Pakistan.

''I myself feel threatened,'' says Sharif, whose party temporarily suspended the electioneering in the wake of the assassination.

''Are things in control now? Had things been in control, would this have happened?'' he said, adding that Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf would have to give answers.

''I also feel unprotected and the lady must also have been feeling very unprotected,'' Sharif said.

Criticising Musharraf, he said, ''If Musharraf can spend crores on his own security, could he not spend some amount on the security of Bhutto.''

Fifty-four-year-old Benazir was rushed to Rawalpindi general hospital, where she was pronounced dead nearly 40 minutes later.

''We are traumatised. People all over are crying. Everyone is saying that this Army has killed Benazir. There is going to be more bloodshed. Will the world now finally wake up? said a distraught Asma Jehangir, Chairperson, Pak Human Rights Commission.

''It is very tragic. It has shocked every Pakistani,'' said Ayaz Amir, columnist.

Prof. Bhim Singh, Chairman of the National Panthers Party and Member of National Integration Council (NIC) while condemning the brutal assassination of Benazir Bhutto, termed it as the most cowardice act of the terrorists and total failure of the Pakistan government.

Bhutto is survived by her husband Asif Ali Zardari and three children. Before she returned to Pakistan in October, Benazir Bhutto told NDTV that she was not afraid of the threats.

In the first reactions coming in from New Delhi, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma said, ''We are shocked and saddened by this. Benazir was a promising leader with her own stature in Pakistan. It has happened at a time when the people of Pakistan were looking up to her. We offer our condolences to her bereaved family members and friends.''

Three days of national mourning has been declared. The national flag will be flown at half mast. Benazir is likely to be buried on Friday in Larkana near her father's grave.

National and provincial assembly elections in Pakistan are due on January 8.

In October some 130 people were killed in an attack on Bhutto's cavalcade when she returned to the country.

It was one of the worst incidents of violence in a year of deteriorating security in Pakistan.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/st ... 59:00%20PM
Quote
Like
Share

reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
Joined: Jan 14 2007, 05:32 AM

Dec 27 2007, 05:52 PM #19

why Musharraf has never been killed, since he and the ISI are supposedly fighting these Al Qeada Extremists
- right; agreed; and doing a great job of it, too apparently, as all we hear is how "we've got 'em on the run; they're operating without key leaders whom we've apprehended or killed, are known to be hiding in the mountains of the Pakistan-Afgh border" - and at the same time, "they are a continuing threat, are increasing in numbers and severity of attacks, have their sights set on US interests, and cannot be confidently tracked or stopped".
Hypocrisy in this admin is only barely ahead of nepotism and incompetence - well, actually - all take a distant second to LYING.
Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi: Abeer means "fragrance of flowers." She was 14 years old when she was stalked, gang raped, doused with kerosene and burned alive by US troops outside of Baghdad, March 12, 2006. http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/40481/
Asked why a nuclear power such as North Korea was being treated differently from Iraq, where hardly any weapons of mass destruction had been found, deputy defence secretary Wolfowitz said (June 2003), "Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."
"...the idea of going into Baghdad, for example, or trying to topple the (Hussein)regime wasn't anything I was enthusiastic about. I felt there was a real danger here that you would get bogged down in a long drawn-out conflict, that this was a dangerous, difficult part of the world. I think if we had done that we would have been bogged down there for a very long period of time with the real possibility we might not have succeeded." Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney, 1991
Bush planned Iraqi invasion before 9/11: Treas Secretary Paul O'Neill writes in his book that a National Security Council meeting "..was all about finding a way to (invade Iraq). That was the tone of it. The president kept saying 'Go find me a way to do this'". http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/10/oneill.bush/
Quote
Like
Share

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 29 2007, 02:40 AM

Dec 27 2007, 06:51 PM #20

Shoestring @ Dec 27 2007, 12:51 PM wrote: Here's a report that contradicts the standard line: two gunmen with AK47s killed Bhutto; the 'suicide' bomber was a separate third man.

BENAZIR BHUTTO ASSASSINATED
Munizae Jehangir
NDTV, Thursday, December 27, 2007 (Islamabad)

After surviving several assassination attempts in the past, PPP leader Benazir Bhutto was not so lucky on Thursday as she was killed by two gunmen who opened fire at her right after she finished addressing a rally at Liaquatbagh.

Bhutto got off the stage after addressing the rally and started moving towards her car. Her vehicle moved a certain distance and she was surrounded by party supporters.

She came out of the car and just then two attackers with AK 47s pumped her with bullets, one in the neck and two in the head. After shooting, a third attacker blew himself up near Benazir's car.

Benazir was declared dead at 6.16 pm local time at a Rawalpindi hospital, 40 minutes after she was taken in.

The attack also killed more than 20 people and left several others injured.

Following Bhutto's death, a high alert has been sounded in Pakistan. Shops and petrol pumps have closed in many cities fearing violence.

Shops across Rawalpindi are being torched by PPP supporters. Asif Zardari and his children are on their way to Karachi.

Nawaz Sharif described Benazir Bhutto's assassination as the most tragic incident in the history of Pakistan.

''I myself feel threatened,'' says Sharif, whose party temporarily suspended the electioneering in the wake of the assassination.

''Are things in control now? Had things been in control, would this have happened?'' he said, adding that Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf would have to give answers.

''I also feel unprotected and the lady must also have been feeling very unprotected,'' Sharif said.

Criticising Musharraf, he said, ''If Musharraf can spend crores on his own security, could he not spend some amount on the security of Bhutto.''

Fifty-four-year-old Benazir was rushed to Rawalpindi general hospital, where she was pronounced dead nearly 40 minutes later.

''We are traumatised. People all over are crying. Everyone is saying that this Army has killed Benazir. There is going to be more bloodshed. Will the world now finally wake up? said a distraught Asma Jehangir, Chairperson, Pak Human Rights Commission.

''It is very tragic. It has shocked every Pakistani,'' said Ayaz Amir, columnist.

Prof. Bhim Singh, Chairman of the National Panthers Party and Member of National Integration Council (NIC) while condemning the brutal assassination of Benazir Bhutto, termed it as the most cowardice act of the terrorists and total failure of the Pakistan government.

Bhutto is survived by her husband Asif Ali Zardari and three children. Before she returned to Pakistan in October, Benazir Bhutto told NDTV that she was not afraid of the threats.

In the first reactions coming in from New Delhi, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma said, ''We are shocked and saddened by this. Benazir was a promising leader with her own stature in Pakistan. It has happened at a time when the people of Pakistan were looking up to her. We offer our condolences to her bereaved family members and friends.''

Three days of national mourning has been declared. The national flag will be flown at half mast. Benazir is likely to be buried on Friday in Larkana near her father's grave.

National and provincial assembly elections in Pakistan are due on January 8.

In October some 130 people were killed in an attack on Bhutto's cavalcade when she returned to the country.

It was one of the worst incidents of violence in a year of deteriorating security in Pakistan.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/st ... 59:00%20PM
I heard the BBC report that she had been killed by gunfire, folllowed by the suicide bomber going to his piece-ful reward. No doubt the bomber was covering the escape of the assassins. Assassins in the country where the word originated. If I have to deal with much more Irony in current events, I'll burn out my sensors.
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.
Quote
Like
Share


Confirmation of reply: