Mail Box!

Find out about a 9/11-related or other get-together in your area.

Mail Box!

RisingForce
Advanced Member
RisingForce
Advanced Member

May 7 2007, 10:19 AM #1

Hello everyone.

Here is an idea I've had to help spread the truth, but I'm not sure if its okay to do (legal).

The idea is to burn a copy of Loose Change, go around the neighborhood and drop a copy in each mailbox. One person could easily cover one block, even more.

My only worry is if one would get in trouble for opening other peoples' mailboxes, since they are technically private boxes into which mail is delivered by the mail carrier. Anyone know before I decide to do this?

If that doesn't work, I guess we could always drop a copy by the door.

Either way, I think its a good idea. With each copy you are reaching out to at least one person, and most likely the whole family. Some will watch it and hopefully have a discussion about it.

What does everyone else think?

Tim Riches
Advanced Member
Tim Riches
Advanced Member

May 7 2007, 10:47 AM #2

It's not illegal at all, as far as I know. It would fall under political messages if anything.

It's a good idea and not too costly either - a few bucks for the street. If the plan was coordinated to have others do different streets, it would work nicely!

If those who were in on this decided to put a little money together, it might be more effective to have them inserted into flyers or a local newspaper like the PennySaver. Probably only cost a few pennies per copy to distribute that way, and they would be inserted until they ran out.

Care would need to be taken to ensure that people wouldn't think that a virus was on the dvd, which is my only concern about the plan. The labelling would need to look professional to avoid this. Also a small sheet of paper with each disc explaining the movie and some links to visit would complete the job.
"Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept by public incredulity."
- Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980)

suzuko
suzuko

May 8 2007, 07:07 PM #3

Tim Riches @ May 7 2007, 05:47 AM wrote:
Care would need to be taken to ensure that people wouldn't think that a virus was on the dvd
Can a virus infect a television???

alive and still talking
Advanced Member

May 8 2007, 07:37 PM #4

HERES A T-SHIRT IDEA TRAVELING 365 DAY A YEAR PROTEST :

WHEN PEOPLE WANNA TALK ABOUT IT, GIVE THEM A CD

RisingForce
Advanced Member
RisingForce
Advanced Member

May 9 2007, 01:00 AM #5

My target audience is people/families in the living room. If they want to watch it on their computers, they can. I don't worry about the virus issue. When was the last time someone tried to spread virus by handing out dvds? It's not that common.

I have already begun the process of burning and delivering the copies. I live in Texas, and so far I've done about 35 of them. I've only worked on my neighborhood so far, and I have also included my name and contact info just in case they would like to contact me. It's all about getting people in the discussion, right?, whether they agree or disagree. I just hope I don't get any death threats.
I have also talked to some friends, and one of them has agreed to start working on his neighborhood.

Also, as far as looking professional, I placed the burned DVDs in cases and a sticker with info on it. I'll probably work only on the city that I live in as much as possible, because I'm a college student with a small budget.

Another good place might be to go to churches on Sundays and hand out DVDs. Anyone have any tips on this one?, since I'm not a church person.

Untill next time, wish me luck :)

RisingForce
Advanced Member
RisingForce
Advanced Member

Jun 3 2007, 10:52 AM #6

Ok. I ended up finishing about 50 DVDs before having to stop cause one of my parents doesn't like the attention that we have been getting. I'm a college student still living with my parents so I'll have to respect their rules or else move out. I live in a nice neighborhood, so I didn't get any threats or anything like that. Just a few phone calls, mostly POSITIVE.

The next step, also suggested by my parents, is to hand out DVDs at my school. Thats probably the best way for someone like me to do this. I've watched videos of people with the truth movement going around on the campus handing out DVDs. That seems to work the best, and it's fast. Even though it's summer, there are alot of people taking summer courses. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, has anyon tried handing out DVDs on Sundays at a church? I'm not a church person so I don't know how the system works. A church is a private property, correct? I need to research this and work on it if I can. We need to touch the Christian population since they are the ones that mostly voted for Bush.

Peace.

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member

Jun 22 2007, 02:11 PM #7

In the USA it is a federal crime to place antying in a mailbox which is not delivered by a Postal worker. It needs to be stamped, inspected etc... by the USPS before delivery.

But that doesn't mean you can't simply place a DVD on people's porch or insert it into their door jamb.

Good idea. If you have the cash to spend on this kind of project, more power to you!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave

DILLIGAF
Advanced Member
DILLIGAF
Advanced Member

Jun 22 2007, 04:21 PM #8

RisingForce @ May 7 2007, 05:19 AM wrote: Hello everyone.

Here is an idea I've had to help spread the truth, but I'm not sure if its okay to do (legal).

The idea is to burn a copy of Loose Change, go around the neighborhood and drop a copy in each mailbox. One person could easily cover one block, even more.

My only worry is if one would get in trouble for opening other peoples' mailboxes, since they are technically private boxes into which mail is delivered by the mail carrier. Anyone know before I decide to do this?

If that doesn't work, I guess we could always drop a copy by the door.

Either way, I think its a good idea. With each copy you are reaching out to at least one person, and most likely the whole family. Some will watch it and hopefully have a discussion about it.

What does everyone else think?
Great idea dude. Well done.

But I'd go further, what do you think?....

You do the DVD, like you said, but also, provide a data disc or two for the home computer, with

every single web link, every possible bit of information, or at least the means to easily access this

information. All categorized too, maybe in sub-folders?? A link to these forums too!!!. Anything

and everything.

If a few of us got together, directly or on-line, then we could make a massive 'master copy'

(subject to Loose Change/Dylan's, official approval of course) disc. This would add an extra

dimension to the Film's experience. I, for example, when I first saw Loose Change I was so blown

away and excited, and I wanted to learn more-------> but unfortunately, I really didn't know

where to turn next............ this 'master info' CD could provide just that! A fantastic 'gateway' the

the truth that individuals can choose to follow up on or not.

It would cost hardly anything. Just a little bit of time selecting the information to be included,

organizing it, and burning it onto the disc, or discs..... seriously....... how much does a blank CD

cost? Basically nothing. You can buy hundreds of them in bulk, and just keep burning and burning

and burning from the original.

The T-Shirt is great too. Just make sure the website - looschange911.com is printed so all can

clearly see it.

There's plenty of low-cost options we could all do. I think the 'TRUTH' is well worth the effort.

Anymore suggestions?????? Anyone????????

Thanks to the dude who created this thread. Great idea. Keep up the good work, son.

alive and still talking
Advanced Member

Jun 23 2007, 07:33 PM #9

actually its not legal, the feds want you to pay postage on anything that goes into the box, the box is their property

DILLIGAF
Advanced Member
DILLIGAF
Advanced Member

Jun 23 2007, 07:41 PM #10

alive and still talking @ Jun 23 2007, 02:33 PM wrote: actually its not legal, the feds want you to pay postage on anything that goes into the box, the box is their property
Surely they don't own the front porch, or the front door.

Sureshot
Advanced Member
Sureshot
Advanced Member

Jun 25 2007, 12:55 AM #11

Dropping unapproved items in a mailbox (ie. not from the mail man) it is illegal. I've done it before and got a warning.

A Supporter Member of AE911Truth.org. Join today!
MySpace
Youth for 9/11 Truth

alive and still talking
Advanced Member

Jun 25 2007, 02:56 AM #12

feel that distributing discs on college campus is the most productive

RisingForce
Advanced Member
RisingForce
Advanced Member

Jul 2 2007, 04:09 AM #13

Distributing DVDs on college campus is the best way to do this. Just wait outside and you get massive number of people approaching the building trying to get to class. That's when you approach them and give them a copy. I've done it during summer school and it works the best.

Also, provoke discussions in class on 9/11. If you are taking a course in history, government and such, it's much easier to bring the subject up.

If you want to reach out to the older crowd, you could always go around the neighborhood and hand out DVDs door by door. It's little slow, but still works.

I'm lucky I didn't get in trouble for putting copies in the mailbox. I didn't know it was illegal, that's why I came here first to find out.

Ryback
Advanced Member
Ryback
Advanced Member

Jul 14 2007, 04:53 PM #14

I remember seeing a truth jam video with someone dropping DVD's in mailboxes. It is supposed to be illegal to drop them in the mailbox part, but you can use the paper carrier section that is below a lot of the mailboxes in subdivisions, some mailboxes don't have em. You will usually see flyers for lawn services, and other flyers in the newspaper slot of mailboxes, so a DVD in there wouldn't be a problem. On the homes without a newspaper slot just leave it by the door, leave it behind storm doors and stuff like that. Personally I like to hand them out to people in person, people that show interest in receiving it. If you leave them at random; people who love GWB, and support the war will probably just throw your DVD away.

I like taking DVD's with me to the stores, and starting conversations with clerks, and stock people, if they show interest, hand them a DVD tell em to check it out. Random jams are good with freeway banners, bumper sticker jams, pulling a trailer with a billboard about 9/11 on it etc.

Speaking of mailboxes.. here is a picture from our July 11th, 2007 sticker jam.

Visit A Citizen Apart Forums

http://acitizenapart.com

mu'min
mu'min

Jul 15 2007, 10:04 PM #15

Perhaps you could also inform these people who you give LC to about the Viewer Guide. That way, they can atleast see it from opposite ends of the spectrum.

alive and still talking
Advanced Member

Jul 15 2007, 11:08 PM #16

could use some dvd's, cant burn em yet, not set up for it. here's another tidbitMy Webpage

Confirmation of reply: