Hello From So Cal

If you're new to the forum, or the movement overall, drop in here if you'd like and get aquainted.

Hello From So Cal

Desert Storm

Oct 3 2007, 12:51 AM #1

I've been part of the movement for a couple years now. I've browsed these forums for a while and decided to create an account.
"Go ahead and try, or kiss your ass good-bye
People of society are running for their lives
Get up now and go, or your never gonna know
Never gonna make it in your houses lying low
Give it one good try
Give it all and fight til you die" - Pennywise

Quezinox
Advanced Member
Quezinox
Advanced Member

Oct 3 2007, 01:03 AM #2

welcome
Students for an Orwellian Society

War Is Peace
Freedom Is Slavery
Ignorance Is Strength

Any reports of failure are almost certainly lies, the work of thoughtcriminals. Kindly ignore them. SOS does not fail.

Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious

chucksheen
Advanced Member
chucksheen
Advanced Member

Oct 3 2007, 04:59 AM #3

Crucial concept to understand: Rights vs Privelages
[Why does Michael Badnarik support Ron Paul?]
Click here - Must hear - starts ~20 minute mark

Download and read chapter 2 PDF free

http://RonPaulNewYear.com

reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
reformedrepublican
Advanced Member

Oct 3 2007, 12:29 PM #4

welcome, from MN
Just a guess - were you in "Desert Storm", as in the Gulf war part I? If so, do you have inside info - what we're probably not hearing from over there?
Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi: Abeer means "fragrance of flowers." She was 14 years old when she was stalked, gang raped, doused with kerosene and burned alive by US troops outside of Baghdad, March 12, 2006. http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/40481/
Asked why a nuclear power such as North Korea was being treated differently from Iraq, where hardly any weapons of mass destruction had been found, deputy defence secretary Wolfowitz said (June 2003), "Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."
"...the idea of going into Baghdad, for example, or trying to topple the (Hussein)regime wasn't anything I was enthusiastic about. I felt there was a real danger here that you would get bogged down in a long drawn-out conflict, that this was a dangerous, difficult part of the world. I think if we had done that we would have been bogged down there for a very long period of time with the real possibility we might not have succeeded." Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney, 1991
Bush planned Iraqi invasion before 9/11: Treas Secretary Paul O'Neill writes in his book that a National Security Council meeting "..was all about finding a way to (invade Iraq). That was the tone of it. The president kept saying 'Go find me a way to do this'". http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/10/oneill.bush/

Desert Storm

Oct 3 2007, 04:46 PM #5

reformedrepublican @ Oct 3 2007, 07:29 AM wrote: welcome, from MN
Just a guess - were you in "Desert Storm", as in the Gulf war part I?  If so, do you have inside info - what we're probably not hearing from over there?
No. I am only 24. I served 2 years in the AF. I earned the nickname Desert Storm at my work because I always wear my desert camouflaged pants.

The only inside info I have is that the US military is a huge money pit. Oh and our current servicemen and women are not worthy of support or respect.

EDIT: Except for Johny Wave. He's a badass.
Give it one good try

reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
reformedrepublican
Advanced Member

Oct 3 2007, 06:39 PM #6

I'd say, count your blessings, if you missed part I of our 2-part (& counting) war.

Any group of 160,000 ppl - military or otherwise - is going to have thousands of all types. It's common to hear of the good and the bad, as you would of any city that size.

Still, you have a unique perspective on the service, and on the Middle East, which relatively few ppl have. I for one would love to hear your insights on those topics - and whatever else you bring to the table.
Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi: Abeer means "fragrance of flowers." She was 14 years old when she was stalked, gang raped, doused with kerosene and burned alive by US troops outside of Baghdad, March 12, 2006. http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/40481/
Asked why a nuclear power such as North Korea was being treated differently from Iraq, where hardly any weapons of mass destruction had been found, deputy defence secretary Wolfowitz said (June 2003), "Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."
"...the idea of going into Baghdad, for example, or trying to topple the (Hussein)regime wasn't anything I was enthusiastic about. I felt there was a real danger here that you would get bogged down in a long drawn-out conflict, that this was a dangerous, difficult part of the world. I think if we had done that we would have been bogged down there for a very long period of time with the real possibility we might not have succeeded." Sec. of Defense Dick Cheney, 1991
Bush planned Iraqi invasion before 9/11: Treas Secretary Paul O'Neill writes in his book that a National Security Council meeting "..was all about finding a way to (invade Iraq). That was the tone of it. The president kept saying 'Go find me a way to do this'". http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/10/oneill.bush/

DevilDogs
Advanced Member
DevilDogs
Advanced Member

Oct 3 2007, 11:32 PM #7

Desert Storm,

Welcome, but be mindful of what you say about our Service men and women.

Devil Dog

Desert Storm

Oct 5 2007, 05:51 PM #8

DevilDogs @ Oct 3 2007, 04:32 PM wrote: Desert Storm,

Welcome, but be mindful of what you say about our Service men and women.

Devil Dog
I'm mindful of everything I say.

Every man and woman in uniform who swore to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies" has failed. Failure doesn't warrant respect. I guess technically everyone who pays federal taxes supports the troops financially. But thats about where my support for them ends.

If our servicemen had any true honor, they would take their government-issued weapons, and reclaim Washington on behalf of the people.
Give it one good try

reformedrepublican
Advanced Member
reformedrepublican
Advanced Member

Oct 5 2007, 06:19 PM #9

Desert Storm,
Your comments sound like many I've heard.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/v911t/

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/

make your voice heard.

DevilDogs
Advanced Member
DevilDogs
Advanced Member

Oct 5 2007, 11:53 PM #10

"I'm mindful of everything I say.

Every man and woman in uniform who swore to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies" has failed. Failure doesn't warrant respect. I guess technically everyone who pays federal taxes supports the troops financially. But thats about where my support for them ends.

If our servicemen had any true honor, they would take their government-issued weapons, and reclaim Washington on behalf of the people. "

blah, blah, blah load of crap.

Then as a fellow service member you should know that we do not dictate or make policy so dont give me that crap. We are all volunteers and you know that. Trust me we all want peace, but we dont control what group decides to attack and hate us.

Devil Dog

DarkDragonOfTruth
Advanced Member
DarkDragonOfTruth
Advanced Member

Oct 6 2007, 12:56 AM #11

Yo DevilDogs...ease up..Dude.

Welcome Desert Storm and I agree with you 100% if there is a will there is a way, we just need to help them out.

A couple of nights ago I heard Bush call our military GI's, don't know about you all, but that went out awhile ago, and for him to say what he did that's just wrong. He is taking us back to Vietnam again. I just have this to say WTF Bush.

Yes, it is a volunteer military, but if you signed up a couple of months after 911, due to anger, revenge or payback and now have found out that this WAR is wrong, then Our Military should release you from duty. I agree with Desert Storm, we need to educate our young so that when the recruiter's show up at their school's they are able to say F**K NO, I won't GO.
NO PERSONAL ATTACKS---THIS IS A FORUM TO DEBATE THE ISSUES----AGREED!
CAN YOU ROGER THAT, DEVILDOGS!
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
Dante Alighieri

alive and still talking
Advanced Member

Oct 7 2007, 01:30 AM #12

this war is wrong, stupid is a better word

DarkDragonOfTruth
Advanced Member
DarkDragonOfTruth
Advanced Member

Oct 7 2007, 02:07 PM #13

alive and still talking @ Oct 6 2007, 08:30 PM wrote: this war is wrong, stupid is a better word
You are so correct...this is a stupid war brought to you by the bush. He will go down in history as the most Atrocious Person to hold a public office with his other Cronies, some have already jumped ship, says' alot.

Bye Bye Miss American Pie....this song has so many meaning, like removing our rose color glasses and seeing what we have become.
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
Dante Alighieri

Confirmation of reply: