Academy Awards

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

Academy Awards

mid life crises
Advanced Member
mid life crises
Advanced Member
Joined: Jan 4 2007, 09:57 PM

Feb 26 2007, 04:32 AM #1

Al Gore and An Inconvenient Truth have won Best Documentary as well as best original song. It is a Hollywood Gore lovefest tonight.
Wouldn't it be cool if LCFC is nominated next year?
Why?? Why?? Why!!!! Nancy Kerrigan

"I take pride in my home, I take pride in my kids, I take pride in being Mrs. Jack Butler. It means something to raise decent human beings!" from Mr. Mom

"Be careful out there amongst those Englischer." from Witness

"Inconceivable". "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." from The Princess Bride

"Kettle's boiling!" from The Turning Point

"Fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again." from someone smokin crack
Quote
Like
Share

Sureshot
Advanced Member
Sureshot
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 21 2006, 03:13 PM

Feb 26 2007, 04:52 AM #2

United 93's Paul Greengrass got Best Director. <_<

A Supporter Member of AE911Truth.org. Join today!
MySpace
Youth for 9/11 Truth
Quote
Like
Share

Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM

Feb 26 2007, 12:40 PM #4

personally i didnt see United 93 ... and i refuse to ... cuz it'll probably just piss me off and cuz its most likely just another plug of the official story into the psyche of the masses.

plus i dont see loose change even being nominated because the academy probably wouldnt even recognize it as a legitimate documentary. the oscars are a sham anywayz ... the only half ass legit award show left is the people's choice awards ... maybe. you realize that those nominated for oscars actually campaign to win as if its a race for a public office.

and gore winning is pretty much a kick to the balls of truth. this is just gonna ignite the ideology that humans are causing global warming. HA
Quote
Like
Share

mid life crises
Advanced Member
mid life crises
Advanced Member
Joined: Jan 4 2007, 09:57 PM

Feb 26 2007, 12:56 PM #5

Heavy Fall @ Feb 26 2007, 05:32 AM wrote:
Sureshot @ Feb 26 2007, 04:52 AM wrote: United 93's Paul Greengrass got Best Director.&nbsp; <_<
uhhhhhhh why is that bad?
No he didn't. Scorcese did for The Departed. He shouldn't have for this movie imho. It was a nod to his previous work like Taxi Driver and Raging Bull, for which he should have but did not win. imo.

I think the good thing about Gore last night is 1) Ellen Degeneres reiterated that he was really elected prez by the people 2) message clear that majority of Hollywood hates current administration 3) Anything we can do to "be greener" is not bad - even if global warming is a farce. It is healthier for us humans.

NOTE green friendly Happy Feet winning over CARS in animated features.

I think Loose Change could have an outside chance at a nom. Why We FIght certainly wasn't a flattering expose on the militay industrial complex and it got a nod - and alot more exposure because of it. Exposure is really all I am concerned about.
Why?? Why?? Why!!!! Nancy Kerrigan

"I take pride in my home, I take pride in my kids, I take pride in being Mrs. Jack Butler. It means something to raise decent human beings!" from Mr. Mom

"Be careful out there amongst those Englischer." from Witness

"Inconceivable". "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." from The Princess Bride

"Kettle's boiling!" from The Turning Point

"Fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again." from someone smokin crack
Quote
Like
Share

Hazel
Advanced Member
Hazel
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 12 2006, 12:44 PM

Feb 27 2007, 08:54 PM #6

Fulcanelli @ Feb 26 2007, 12:40 PM wrote: and gore winning is pretty much a kick to the balls of truth. this is just gonna ignite the ideology that humans are causing global warming. HA
Can you please elaborate? ...we're not? So that billions of organic material on this Earth capable of destruction are NOT causing global warming... again, please elaborate on our insignificance to this problem.
All matter is mere energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing it self subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves!
Quote
Like
Share

Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM

Mar 4 2007, 02:32 PM #7

Hazel @ Feb 27 2007, 08:54 PM wrote:
Fulcanelli @ Feb 26 2007, 12:40 PM wrote: and gore winning is pretty much a kick to the balls of truth.&nbsp; this is just gonna ignite the ideology that humans are causing global warming.&nbsp; HA
Can you please elaborate? ...we're not? So that billions of organic material on this Earth capable of destruction are NOT causing global warming... again, please elaborate on our insignificance to this problem.
sorry this took so long ... but its simple ... i can disprove the idea that humans are causing global warming with one word. VOLCANOS! when mount st helens blew ... it erupted more CO2 into the atmosphere than all the cars and factories have since they were invented. That was just one eruption ... add up all the eruptions in the last 150 years ... then figure out the percentage that humans have contributed global warming. what ... maybe 0.001%?
Quote
Like
Share

Reggie_perrin
Advanced Member
Reggie_perrin
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 18 2006, 04:15 PM

Mar 4 2007, 02:54 PM #8

Fulcanelli @ Feb 26 2007, 12:40 PM wrote: personally i didnt see United 93 ... and i refuse to ... cuz it'll probably just piss me off and cuz its most likely just another plug of the official story into the psyche of the masses.

plus i dont see loose change even being nominated because the academy probably wouldnt even recognize it as a legitimate documentary. the oscars are a sham anywayz ... the only half ass legit award show left is the people's choice awards ... maybe. you realize that those nominated for oscars actually campaign to win as if its a race for a public office.

and gore winning is pretty much a kick to the balls of truth. this is just gonna ignite the ideology that humans are causing global warming. HA
I actually watched this the other day, i would reccomend watching on the basis that it is a gripping film, of course we can debate all day the accuracy of the event, but bottom line is it is a good film, and by the end you are really willing the passengers to smash fuck of the "suicide hijackers".

Just to reiterate, i'm not saying it is a fair representation of the event, but it's still worth a watch imo.
Quote
Like
Share

Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM

Mar 4 2007, 04:23 PM #9

i'm sure the film is good as far as movies go ... but yea ... just watching movies about 911 make my blood boil. when i went to see the da vinci code .. they played a trailer for World Trade Center ... i wanted to get up and start preaching the truth right there.
Quote
Like
Share

astorstraussenheim
Advanced Member
astorstraussenheim
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 26 2006, 03:41 PM

Mar 4 2007, 05:01 PM #10

United 93 depicts a hi-jacker with a "bomb suit" strapped to his body.So again, they will try and have people believe that someone passed through security with this contraption wrapped around his body.

Did any of the "phonecalls" mention anything about a "bombsuit"? I have seen the movie once, and i'm pretty sure one of the hi-jackers had a suicude jacket on him.

Hollywood has conditioned people to believe this bullshit. The only thing missing from this story, is John McClane.
Quote
Like
Share

Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Fulcanelli
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 8 2006, 01:41 PM

Mar 4 2007, 05:39 PM #11

astorstraussenheim @ Mar 4 2007, 05:01 PM wrote: United 93 depicts a hi-jacker with a "bomb suit" strapped to his body.So again, they will try and have people believe that someone passed through security with this contraption wrapped around his body.

Did any of the "phonecalls" mention anything about a "bombsuit"? I have seen the movie once, and i'm pretty sure one of the hi-jackers had a suicude jacket on him.

Hollywood has conditioned people to believe this bullshit. The only thing missing from this story, is John McClane.
lol john mcclane ... nicely said.

holywood has painted the picture that the truth is fiction. all the best movies have conspiracies at the heart of the struggle. countless movies depict a shadow government, or rogue government agents at the top causing horrible things to happen. but because of years of this conditioning .. when people are confronted with the fact that this is how the real world REALLY is ... they think "oh you just watch too many movies."
Quote
Like
Share


Confirmation of reply: