You're not going to believe this! DE/MC ment. Fsh was 6.94, e2 less than 20... On DE cycle

You're not going to believe this! DE/MC ment. Fsh was 6.94, e2 less than 20... On DE cycle

K
K

June 1st, 2011, 12:23 am #1

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! Just when I think I'm making the right decision. I have been eating whatever, taking no supplements except for vitamin D , baby aspirin, and pre-natal. So my fsh has been 27.6, 17.4, and 12.6... And now 6.94.... I keep thinking were making the right decision because I don't think I can handle another m/c and I don't want to keep putting of the end result..., ugh!!!! I started estrogen for this cycle today so were going forward w DE, even w/ good numbers my top is 15% success per cycle at 42..... and 15% the best number right!?!? I'm so tired of this emotional roller coaster! ((((Big Hugs)))) to all of you because this is so emotional and I want so badly for you all to have success so you can get OFF this ride!! Xoxo

June 1st, 2011, 1:24 am #2

Hugs!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 1st, 2011, 2:19 am #3

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! Just when I think I'm making the right decision. I have been eating whatever, taking no supplements except for vitamin D , baby aspirin, and pre-natal. So my fsh has been 27.6, 17.4, and 12.6... And now 6.94.... I keep thinking were making the right decision because I don't think I can handle another m/c and I don't want to keep putting of the end result..., ugh!!!! I started estrogen for this cycle today so were going forward w DE, even w/ good numbers my top is 15% success per cycle at 42..... and 15% the best number right!?!? I'm so tired of this emotional roller coaster! ((((Big Hugs)))) to all of you because this is so emotional and I want so badly for you all to have success so you can get OFF this ride!! Xoxo
E2, P4, and an ultrasound are enough info.

Last cycle I remember the tech telling me my AFC was 8 (I didn't ask, the check was only supposed to show that ovaries were quiet (everything under 10mm) and lining was thin. Now 8 was a higher AFC than I ever remember from OE cycles, but I had moved on long ago and didn't want the reminder.

K
K

June 1st, 2011, 2:49 am #4

I didn't expect to see so many follicles, and they weren't suppose to test my fsh! It just makes me crazy. I know I need to move forward and I hate the doubts all of this gives me. I keep repeating what my old RE said to me, with my OE there's a 50% chance of m/c because of my age and only AT BEST 15% chance of success... Ugh! I want the end result... I need to keep my mantra going .. End result, end result.,,,

Kacee
Kacee

June 1st, 2011, 3:12 am #5

and FSH was 1, both times E2 was less than 20. However, I know because of my age, older than you, my egg quality would not be good. This may not be the case for you. But for many women, having a successful DE pg. resets their system and they go on to have natural pg's after that. BTW, have you been on BCP's or an other type of hormone recently?

K
K

June 1st, 2011, 4:05 am #6

My last OE cycle my fsh was 12.6 on cd3, then went on BCP for 2weeks and my fsh spiked to 27.6! This time I just finished BCP and was on Lupron. Maybe Lupron lowers fsh. I know I need to just Let go and stop confusing myself!
Did I read correctly that you've had 3 successful DE cycles?? I'm going to say congratulations and amazing! I'm hoping I read this correctly.(if I have not and this post is hurtful I'm sooooo sorry so please forgive me)
My mind is scrambled right now, but forging ahead w de! Just having a very hard time today with the lab results. Im sure my egg quality wouldn't be good with my age and fsh. Going to try to focus. Thank you for your response!

Leigh888
Leigh888

June 1st, 2011, 12:16 pm #7

my highest FSH was 11 and I always had a decent AFC, but I was a poor responder and would end up with mediocre embryos. The numbers don't tell the full story. I clearly had egg quality issues. Good luck with this cycle!!!

June 1st, 2011, 2:32 pm #8

Once you get a high FSH reading, you have DOR, according to them. I've been to three US clinics and one overseas, and they've mostly said that FSH is an indicator of reserve, not quality - egg quality is better judged during IVF when you can see the eggs and how they fertilize and grow. FSH may not be indicative of poor egg quality for some women - but the mcs are. I know that's controversial as there are some REs who keep checking FSH each cycle and cycle women when it's low, but FWIW my first clinic said when they did this they saw no difference in response or success rates. (And I had no correlation between FSH and response to meds when I stimmed.) My highest FSH reading when I moved on to DE at 34yo was only 10, and I told my REs I didn't want it tested and didn't want to hear about it anymore b/c it was irrelevant, I'd had mcs and one was confirmed chromosomal from biopsy, so they haven't tested it since (I'm now 39). I dont' think FSH matters once you have a clinical history of OE pgs not being achieved or not working, honestly - except that it would tell you to explore other issues if there were no identifiable egg issue (immune, sperm, clotting, etc). If you've been trying for a few years with no success (or success then mc like me), you're not making a mistake moving on IMO. We each have our breaking point and mine was pretty early on after only two mcs with OE pgs from IF tx. Unfortunately DE isn't always the magic bullet as that took 3 more fresh DE cycles for our first success and then another two FETs and a fresh for our next one. Do save some stamina for DE just in case - even when nothing goes wrong, the very best clinics have only 80% success which means 1 in 5 cycles don't work and someone has to be on the wrong side of the odds. I'm really glad I moved on when I did, b/c I would have lost my mind if I'd waited until I couldn't stand anymore to move on, then had to put up with DE losses and failures . Wow that wasn't much of a pep talk, I'm sorry!! The point I'm trying to make is that can go into this with no regrets, as from your history it sounds to ME like you are doing the right thing no matter what your FSH reading says this month.

Hope your cycle is a great success - good luck! Best,
Kenny

lilyT
lilyT

June 1st, 2011, 3:19 pm #9

asking your age? I do not know how many IVF oe cycles you have done, or your afc, but agree with pp that until you see how the egg quality is then one cycle's fsh reading does not really mean that much...of course if you are younger and have at least had fertilization than that might be a diff story. I was told by checks office that I had the fsh of an 18 year old...went to IVF and nothing fertilized...more than once!!! Then it would elevate on another cycle. So yeah once the fsh goes high (esp combined with age)to me that is a red flag, but the other board might have some success stories of eventually getting the golden one. Sorry you are dealing with this @#$%. So hard to go through all of this esp the older you get. Believe me I know. I am over the fsh seesaw b.s.
Hope better days are ahead for ALL of us.

Kacee
Kacee

June 1st, 2011, 4:16 pm #10

My last OE cycle my fsh was 12.6 on cd3, then went on BCP for 2weeks and my fsh spiked to 27.6! This time I just finished BCP and was on Lupron. Maybe Lupron lowers fsh. I know I need to just Let go and stop confusing myself!
Did I read correctly that you've had 3 successful DE cycles?? I'm going to say congratulations and amazing! I'm hoping I read this correctly.(if I have not and this post is hurtful I'm sooooo sorry so please forgive me)
My mind is scrambled right now, but forging ahead w de! Just having a very hard time today with the lab results. Im sure my egg quality wouldn't be good with my age and fsh. Going to try to focus. Thank you for your response!
had follies after being on Lupron. I can understand why you are questioning DE. It gets so tough and plays with our minds.

I have actually had four successful DE cycles. I have a 6 year old dd, 5 year old dd, 2 year old ds and am currently 8.5 weeks with twins. I have no regrets and love my children with all of my heart. I just couldn't leave our ice babies frozen.