x

x

January 6th, 2011, 4:44 pm #1

x
Last edited by Kekona on August 21st, 2016, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 6th, 2011, 5:03 pm #2

I love Dr Brasile!! She's honest, takes her time with you, and makes sure you understand everything and that you are both on the same page. I first saw Dr Check and was thinking of leaving until I met with Dr Brasile.

Kacee
Kacee

January 6th, 2011, 5:08 pm #3

nt

January 6th, 2011, 6:33 pm #4

x
Hey Kekona, Know you've been checking out other possible clinics and I am in the same process. At this point, I am willing to travel anywhere practically to get the most optimal situation. I think you mentioned Southeastern (in SC) previously. Are you considering them? I just got some information from them today. I'm looking all over even though I live in the SE. Hope things are going well and would love to hear where you end up cycling. Good luck!

Kekona
Kekona

January 6th, 2011, 9:04 pm #5

x
I will request Dr. B.

LTB, when someone posted that her clinical trial cycle was free at GIVF, then the SE deal didn't seem quite as good. I'm too old for their clinical trial, and I can't afford their regular prices. If you go there, let me know. I can talk to you about some stuff to do in the area if you stay over for more than a day.

I'm probably doing either Cooper or CNY. I heard about a very cheap place in Alaska, but if you went there, you'd have to recruit your own ED. They don't do many cycles. They don't even have most of the anesthesia options for the ER. Although cheap, I think it's risky.

January 6th, 2011, 9:17 pm #6

I wasn't even aware that SE had a clinical trial. Will have to check that out. Right now trying to decide on what is most important (ie: low cost, multiple tries, shared risk, etc.) Need to make this next one really count as we've only got 2 vials of sperm left. Will be curious to see where you choose. Hope we can both join the "pink" girls this year!

January 7th, 2011, 4:41 pm #7

I love Dr Brasile!! She's honest, takes her time with you, and makes sure you understand everything and that you are both on the same page. I first saw Dr Check and was thinking of leaving until I met with Dr Brasile.
I loved Dr. Check. I may be confusing Dr. Brasile with Dr. Amui but I had a not good experience with one of them. This is what I mean by rules. She wanted me to get a pregnancy test at some point when it was virtually impossible for me to be pregnant from my perspective. Seemed like silly and unecessary testing for someone that had not ovulated in years (as proven by regular weekly or more frequent blood tests).

RE Dr. Cho, Dr. Check told me that she is a superb surgeon but not so talented as RE. And she has pretty awful bedside manner. so I just kept that in mind when she said things to me that could be upsetting and was happy to have her do retrieval because of her superior skill.

Golda

fish_queen
fish_queen

January 7th, 2011, 10:12 pm #8

gets my vote. I also liked Dr. Cho for procedures.

January 8th, 2011, 11:59 pm #9

I will request Dr. B.

LTB, when someone posted that her clinical trial cycle was free at GIVF, then the SE deal didn't seem quite as good. I'm too old for their clinical trial, and I can't afford their regular prices. If you go there, let me know. I can talk to you about some stuff to do in the area if you stay over for more than a day.

I'm probably doing either Cooper or CNY. I heard about a very cheap place in Alaska, but if you went there, you'd have to recruit your own ED. They don't do many cycles. They don't even have most of the anesthesia options for the ER. Although cheap, I think it's risky.
Kekona, I've also decided on Cooper..but if CNY donors come up, - I am on 2 lists - I may do it with them. I am torn. But I heard that Cooper's lab is better and that's what's important right? But the price different is so big...I had my consult with dr. Jacobs...wasnt too happy with him at all, he tried to convince me that my own eggs may be ok... he wanted me to go in a totally different direction. I told him no way! Now I am on a wait list for 2 donors to see if we can split them with another recipient. Unfortuntatley their egg minimum is just 6, imagine getting only 3 eggs? I just hope it will be better!
Good luck, keep me posted also, would love to heard what your doc said
Brenda

January 9th, 2011, 12:39 am #10

How much is it looking to cost you to cycle at Cooper? How much did you have to pay just to get to the consultation -- was there an application plus consultation fee?

Wow, I didn't know about the 6-egg minimum.:-O

I will email you off the bb. I think you've been giving me an addy in your sig, right?