(x-post) Should I request valium during tmrw's transfer?

(x-post) Should I request valium during tmrw's transfer?

June 11th, 2011, 12:27 am #1

Ladies -

Going for my first DE transfer tomorrow! My RE provides valium, if requested. Should I request it? Have any of you?

Thanks!

Anon7
Anon7

June 11th, 2011, 1:29 am #2

prescribed me valium with all of the other meds and I've got it waiting for me.....I'm to bring that in as well as some sort of super strength aspirin/ibuprofen that was prescribed on the day of transfer. Good Luck!! I would ask for some, but I'm a big baby......

Adrah
Adrah

June 11th, 2011, 1:35 am #3

Ladies -

Going for my first DE transfer tomorrow! My RE provides valium, if requested. Should I request it? Have any of you?

Thanks!
Hi, Yes, I would. It will help relax you. I heard it can help overall relax your muscles so the transfer will be smoother. I would do it. I did it and I'm glad. I was a nervous wreck and my RE was kind of impersonal so I was tense. GL!!!!

June 11th, 2011, 2:27 am #4

Ladies -

Thanks!
ok, maybe not a million, but my RE has never offered it. I guess for next time I will just have to continue to think relaxing thoughts.

Best of luck to you on your transfer!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

June 11th, 2011, 2:30 am #5

Ladies -

Thanks!
makes the tortuous last 1/2 hour before transfer much easier.

K
K

June 11th, 2011, 6:06 am #6

Ladies -

Thanks!
Yes, I would..., just so you're relaxed.... Good Luck!!! Nt

June 11th, 2011, 11:13 am #7

Ladies -

Thanks!
I've had four or five transfers now (goodness its hard to count back all those years!) and it was never offered, plus the test run transfers for a couple of times. If you are afraid of the transfer, then I say go for it, because there is no point in putting yourself through that.

However, if you have never taken any of this medicine and you are just a little nervous, I say don't bother. It's perfectly normal to be nervous and it won't affect the transfer negatively. I was nervous for my first, much less so for the others because I knew what to expect. Since I have never taken a relaxant for anything, I thought why bother. I might just get to like them and then who knows what circumstances I would find a use for them thereafter, right?

Malory
Malory

June 11th, 2011, 1:37 pm #8

Ladies -

Thanks!
I think it helps relax the uterus so I would...and GL!!!

June 11th, 2011, 1:52 pm #9

Ladies -

Thanks!
for that reason. It's not so much to relax our brains as our uterus . I've had really good luck with it. Best,
Kenny

anon
anon

June 11th, 2011, 3:20 pm #10

Ladies -

Thanks!
a top one, ALWAYS includes a valium for transfers. last one we did, I had my little magic pill, did the transfer, everyone left the room to allow me to rest for an hour, dh started a foot rub (and continued the whole hour while I was asleep) and I SLEPT the entire rest of the time!!! we are PG W/TWINS!!!

I recommend the valium!...AND a nice foot rub! GL