Would you use an older donor if she were proven?

Would you use an older donor if she were proven?

November 6th, 2010, 2:11 am #1

Some of you may remember me from a few years ago, I am a donor and was a frequent poster here. Well, actually I hope that NONE of you remember me as you've all long since moved to the pink board! Anyway, I am now 29. I have done 4 cycles, all of which were successful on the initial fresh transfer, high egg counts, and 2 cycles resulted in twins. I have also learned recently that one couple has had a second child from their frozen embies as well. I really would love to do anyother cycle, but I am wondering even with my great record, if anyone would actually consider using a donor as old as I am? (No, this is not a post looking for IP's, just want a general idea if I should even bother posting on Surromoms or Greateggs or something similar.) Thoughts?

November 6th, 2010, 2:12 am #2

nt

Ariadne
Ariadne

November 6th, 2010, 2:17 am #3

Some of you may remember me from a few years ago, I am a donor and was a frequent poster here. Well, actually I hope that NONE of you remember me as you've all long since moved to the pink board! Anyway, I am now 29. I have done 4 cycles, all of which were successful on the initial fresh transfer, high egg counts, and 2 cycles resulted in twins. I have also learned recently that one couple has had a second child from their frozen embies as well. I really would love to do anyother cycle, but I am wondering even with my great record, if anyone would actually consider using a donor as old as I am? (No, this is not a post looking for IP's, just want a general idea if I should even bother posting on Surromoms or Greateggs or something similar.) Thoughts?

I remember you! Yes, for sure I would use you with your record. Hope things have been going well for you. It seems like there aren't any regular donor posters contributing anymore. I miss seeing you & Monica, as you both treaded very carefully & thoughtfully. I kind of feel like a visitor, too, now, but I try to lurk sometimes & surface if it's something I can help on.

November 6th, 2010, 2:19 am #4

nt

November 6th, 2010, 3:08 am #5

nt

LizLA
LizLA

November 6th, 2010, 3:28 am #6

For me it would depend on when your last cycle occurred.

GL

November 6th, 2010, 4:08 am #7

It's been 3 years.

Dee.S
Dee.S

November 6th, 2010, 4:31 am #8

She had a low egg count 5 retrieved and 2 made it to transfer which resulted in twins. So I would definitly use you in comparison.

November 6th, 2010, 4:54 am #9

My last cycle was this time of year when I was 26. Low stims for that cycle cuz my E2 levels rise quickly in the previous cycle. Still produced 17 eggs, 2 transfered, and they had 8 embies to freeze.

Catherine
Catherine

November 6th, 2010, 6:37 am #10

so yes! And it worked for us