Would you choose this donor...?

Would you choose this donor...?

Calm
Calm

February 26th, 2011, 9:51 pm #1

Talked with RE office:

Donor #2 (the one that wasn't available last time, now is...but with some BUTs)

- Cycle 1: 12 retrieved; 12 fertilized; SET and 5 to freeze on Day 5 = BFP
- Cycle 2: 12 retrieved; 9 mature; 8 fertilized; 5 made it to Blast-2 transferred none frozen = BFP (singleton - m/c at 8 weeks)

Her 10.2 FSH (which is what we are worried about) was measured between cycles. Otherwise it has been 5.9 / 2.5 / 3.4 / 6.0 at different points. Her AFC has been 8/5; 8/8; 7/6 and 5/5 - also lower end at times. REs office knows this donor is low/borderline in a few areas but she has produced results. She is 26. Need to see re-measured FSH and talk further with RE about what's happening with her.

Two other donors may be available that are less physical matches for us and are cycling now (so could be "proven" if we wait a bit). Not sure that matters as much to me anymore...the physical match part. And those donors would only have 1 cycle of history...who is to say their 2nd would be the same, etc. More to follow after RE meeting Thursday.

Just curious your reactions to her 2 cycles and other data?

LizLA
LizLA

February 26th, 2011, 10:06 pm #2

It might be hard to find physical match plus proven and such.

GL

February 26th, 2011, 10:08 pm #3

Talked with RE office:

- Cycle 2: 12 retrieved; 9 mature; 8 fertilized; 5 made it to Blast-2 transferred none frozen = BFP (singleton - m/c at 8 weeks)

Her 10.2 FSH (which is what we are worried about) was measured between cycles. Otherwise it has been 5.9 / 2.5 / 3.4 / 6.0 at different points. Her AFC has been 8/5; 8/8; 7/6 and 5/5 - also lower end at times. REs office knows this donor is low/borderline in a few areas but she has produced results. She is 26. Need to see re-measured FSH and talk further with RE about what's happening with her.

Two other donors may be available that are less physical matches for us and are cycling now (so could be "proven" if we wait a bit). Not sure that matters as much to me anymore...the physical match part. And those donors would only have 1 cycle of history...who is to say their 2nd would be the same, etc. More to follow after RE meeting Thursday.

As well as only having one blast they found suitable to transfer/freeze, in her last cycle. I do think clinics are way too strict in their freezing criteria usually, but still... my donor who led us to twins had less of a response each time for her cycles and although we all ended up with twins (x4 IPs in a row), we each got less eggs/embryos than the last couple (and she had breaks in between). Since her last donation resulted in only one blast being transferred and a mc, that would worry me, esp in combination with the FSH/AFC. I would hold out for a better proven donor, unless you really really love this one and can afford to cycle again - then I MIGHT go for it I guess and see what happens. I would really hope for more than one high quality blast though, out of a DE cycle. So I dunno, I really think I'd wait . Hate to say that, I know waiting SUCKS! GL to you, whichever way you decide. Best,
Kenny

Kacee
Kacee

February 26th, 2011, 10:53 pm #4

Talked with RE office:

two cents.

Dee
Dee

February 27th, 2011, 12:38 am #5

Talked with RE office:

on Cycle #2, five made it to blast, two were transferred, but none frozen? I wonder why. Wouldn't most REs freeze the remaining blasts?

FSH over 10 would concern me. I wouldn't automatically rule the donor out, but it would concern me.

February 27th, 2011, 11:26 am #6

Talked with RE office:

....ever since I got my high fsh result and saw my consultant visibly change before my eyes and lose confidence in my ability to conceive. Yeah, I know my reading was 21 at that time, so not anywhere in the same league as your possible donor, and I know I did eventually get a natural BFP, but my IVF attempts were very poor with low responses on high stims.

So, because I have a personal hatred of anything considered high fsh, and I'm afraid anything over 10 qualifies, and also looking at her not-so-great second cycle, my vote would be to wait for an alternative donor.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 27th, 2011, 5:05 pm #7

Talked with RE office:

For my personal situation, her results (high-ish FSH and lower-ish AFC) aren't dramatically different than the results I had which led me down the path to consider DE to begin with.

I hope you find the right one for you! Good luck.

Cathy
Cathy

February 28th, 2011, 5:34 pm #8

Talked with RE office:

that doesn't sound that bad. 2 pregnancies from two transfers?

I have heard that it's no use to keep on testing FSH, as you use the highest value.

Good luck.

Calm
Calm

February 28th, 2011, 8:08 pm #9

Talked with RE office:

I hear all of you...and I SOOOO appreciate the direct and honest feedback. Meeting with RE Thursday...and it is likely that DH and I can only afford to cycle here using their donor pool. So, we will see what our options are. My heart is connected to this donor - I understand the facts don't make it an ideal situation though...so who knows what will win...heart/head? In the end, I know we will choose best chance to have a baby...of course.

Again, thanks so much!