Which Donor Egg Route??

Which Donor Egg Route??

June 22nd, 2011, 1:01 am #1

Hi

I have been inactive in the forum the last 6 months mulling over what to do. My last post was in January. This is the link to it for those interested.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/53068/me ... this+Forum

My hubby and I have considered the adoption route the last several months and met with different attorney's and agencies to inquire further. With the prices of that around $30K, we are postponing that as we truly want a shot at IVF and are comfortable with Donor Egg. There are 3 different options in our area we are considering:

Option 1: Boca Fertility has a Shared Donor Egg program for around $15K that seems to be all inclusive from what is described on the website.

Option 2: IVF Florida in Margate has the Attain program and is $22K for the 3 cycles, but does not include donor screening, donor compensation, case management and advanced embryology services such as blastocyst culture, assisted hatching, cryopreservation of embryos and embryo storage for the first 6 months.

Option 3: IVF Florida's All inclusive Attain program for $46K that does not include medications.

My head is spinning trying to decide what to do. We can handle the $15K financially for the shared donor egg program. The other options we would have to finance. Is it worth it to do the $22K Option 2 program and get at least that back. What could I potentially be spending out of pocket for those items it does not include? The $46K option is nice as it guarantees full 100% refund, but it is so much money. I look forward to your advice. Thanks.

Anon7
Anon7

June 22nd, 2011, 3:08 am #2

I'd go for the one I could afford without financing. The $15k shared cycle sounds like the best bet. I just did one and it has turned out to be a bit more than $15k (more like $16-$17k) because of the meds, but still doable.

The $46k sounds like highway robbery - just the idea that they are charging folks that amount is ridiculous. Do they not expect it to work the 1st or 2nd try? No, they know it may well, and so they triple charge you. No on the basis of principal and finances!

Why don't you find how much a dedicated cycle would be for the clinic that is offering the shared for ~$15k? You might only have to pay an extra $7/$8k and get everything included and not have to share the eggs....

Best of luck in whatever you decide!

Anon
Anon

June 22nd, 2011, 3:58 am #3

Hi

I have been inactive in the forum the last 6 months mulling over what to do. My last post was in January. This is the link to it for those interested.

My hubby and I have considered the adoption route the last several months and met with different attorney's and agencies to inquire further. With the prices of that around $30K, we are postponing that as we truly want a shot at IVF and are comfortable with Donor Egg. There are 3 different options in our area we are considering:

Option 1: Boca Fertility has a Shared Donor Egg program for around $15K that seems to be all inclusive from what is described on the website.

Option 2: IVF Florida in Margate has the Attain program and is $22K for the 3 cycles, but does not include donor screening, donor compensation, case management and advanced embryology services such as blastocyst culture, assisted hatching, cryopreservation of embryos and embryo storage for the first 6 months.

Option 3: IVF Florida's All inclusive Attain program for $46K that does not include medications.

My head is spinning trying to decide what to do. We can handle the $15K financially for the shared donor egg program. The other options we would have to finance. Is it worth it to do the $22K Option 2 program and get at least that back. What could I potentially be spending out of pocket for those items it does not include? The $46K option is nice as it guarantees full 100% refund, but it is so much money. I look forward to your advice. Thanks.
for one shot at DE IVF?

No way.

Even if I could afford that, I wouldn't do it because I consider it exploitation, and unethical to charge that much. Especially when you could do it elsewhere for much, much less.

Just my opinion.

June 22nd, 2011, 6:43 am #4

Hi

if you are thinking shared risk, I think Shady Grove has the best "deal". It is $30K for up to 6 fresh cycles (or any related FET). If you do not take home a baby you get your money back. You can also walk away at any time if you don't have frosties and get all your money back. The $30k includes everything except recepient preliminary tests (HSG, mock cycle, etc) if needed and recipient meds. This is a 1 for 3 share and is for clinic donors. For full disclosure -- I was successful at SG and the guaratee gave me peace of mind after previous BFNs.

What is the attain program? Is it a shared risk or split cycle? If so, that makes more sense but at $46K that seems like a bunch of cash. Also, have you looked at all 3 of those mentioned SART figures?

If you are in FL, have you considered FIRM in Jacksonville? I know that their split cycles were only $11-$12K a couple years ago. I went to them for my first 2 DE cycles -- they were BFN and single recipient but if I had to do it over again I would have done split cycles there. I really loved the nurses there and my RE was Duffy -- I loved him. I switched to SG because I moved but really liked FIRM.

GL

June 22nd, 2011, 10:11 am #5

Hi

i'm not sure if i'm reading it right. but is it 3 non-shared cycles for $46k? if so, that's pretty amazing. all the bits and pieces in option 2 will add up. option 1 is also a fair deal, comparable to other places for a straight shared cycle. it probably doesn't include meds.
Last edited by BabyCotton on June 22nd, 2011, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leigh888
Leigh888

June 22nd, 2011, 12:46 pm #6

if you are thinking shared risk, I think Shady Grove has the best "deal". It is $30K for up to 6 fresh cycles (or any related FET). If you do not take home a baby you get your money back. You can also walk away at any time if you don't have frosties and get all your money back. The $30k includes everything except recepient preliminary tests (HSG, mock cycle, etc) if needed and recipient meds. This is a 1 for 3 share and is for clinic donors. For full disclosure -- I was successful at SG and the guaratee gave me peace of mind after previous BFNs.

What is the attain program? Is it a shared risk or split cycle? If so, that makes more sense but at $46K that seems like a bunch of cash. Also, have you looked at all 3 of those mentioned SART figures?

If you are in FL, have you considered FIRM in Jacksonville? I know that their split cycles were only $11-$12K a couple years ago. I went to them for my first 2 DE cycles -- they were BFN and single recipient but if I had to do it over again I would have done split cycles there. I really loved the nurses there and my RE was Duffy -- I loved him. I switched to SG because I moved but really liked FIRM.

GL
suggest looking at SG if you are looking for an all inclusive guarantee program. I had to travel to go there and it wasn't that much trouble. As Julie mentioned, you might also want to check out FIRM since you are in FL. When I was researching all inclusive guarantee programs, I remember they had one too. I just looked it up. Here is the info:

http://www.fertilityjacksonville.com/co ... guarantee/

Sorry, I can't make it clicky.

June 22nd, 2011, 1:14 pm #7

I'd go for the one I could afford without financing. The $15k shared cycle sounds like the best bet. I just did one and it has turned out to be a bit more than $15k (more like $16-$17k) because of the meds, but still doable.

The $46k sounds like highway robbery - just the idea that they are charging folks that amount is ridiculous. Do they not expect it to work the 1st or 2nd try? No, they know it may well, and so they triple charge you. No on the basis of principal and finances!

Why don't you find how much a dedicated cycle would be for the clinic that is offering the shared for ~$15k? You might only have to pay an extra $7/$8k and get everything included and not have to share the eggs....

Best of luck in whatever you decide!
Thanks for the response. $46k is extortion as far as I am concerned. They say it includes your own donor and up to 3 fresh cycles.

June 22nd, 2011, 1:16 pm #8

i'm not sure if i'm reading it right. but is it 3 non-shared cycles for $46k? if so, that's pretty amazing. all the bits and pieces in option 2 will add up. option 1 is also a fair deal, comparable to other places for a straight shared cycle. it probably doesn't include meds.
Yes $46k for three non shared cycles.

The $15k for one cycle is total inclusive price including meds.

June 22nd, 2011, 1:19 pm #9

GL
Shady Grove sounds great, and we have family in the area which makes it more appealing. I will look into that. Have not looked into SART for any yet. Jacksonville is do able to as it is a 4 hour drive from here. Thanks for the feedback!

June 22nd, 2011, 1:54 pm #10

Hi

I was also in the 1:3 program. I am originally from that area, so I have family there, but I live out of town, so while it was a little stressful to travel it is very doable and gave me peace of mind.

You may want to also look into RBA frozen egg program in Atlanta. They just started a guaranteed program as well.