Where can you buy frozen eggs?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2010, 2:00 pm #1

Do you see pictures of donor? What is the total cost? thanks

W
W

November 16th, 2010, 3:38 pm #2

the world donor egg bank...Diana Thomas runs it. 15K for 6 eggs I believe. they will ship those eggs to any clinic. quick check in to get clear to see their bank online. about 120 or so donors.

then there is RBA atlanta, 16K for an entire frozen egg cycle, meds included I think, but not sure. I do think also on that you only do get one or two eggs however. you do have to be a patient to view their bank, which is difficult if you would like to do that before signing up with them.

there is another bank, but the price is substantial 23K for 6 or so and from previous encounters of others on the board, that particular one seems sort of shady, so I am not going to offer a lead to that one.

SIRM has been talking about it on their support boards for several years now, but when pressed, as of late, to actually be offering a frozen egg bank,...it hasn't appeared to materialize. doesn't mean it never will, but as of now nothing.

IF, we have to go round two and start over, it's the way I would go. simply because I would have zero tolerance to go through a whole new donor, new fresh cycle ever again. pretty much at the end of our rope already.

GL,

W

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2010, 3:46 pm #3

this seems much easier but does it work?

W
W

November 16th, 2010, 3:54 pm #4

with vitrification things have changed considerably. ask over on the pink, Disneymommy for certain and several others have frozen egg babies over there. Disneymommy was at RBA and she and many swear by them.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2010, 4:46 pm #5

Remember that we NEVER, ever buy, purchase or sell or in any way "commodisize" gametes (eggs and sperm.)

Gamete donors are compensated for their time and for their inconvenience.

Human eggs and sperm are classified by the FDA as tissue (as are embryos) - you cannot buy or sell human organs or tissue.

This is important for those of us who are still trying to build their families through third-party reproduction. Always remember that this is an area that is not looked at sympathetically by our lawmakers. And there have been and continue to be attempts to ban various parts of egg donation - including bans on compensation. This is getting worse as a trend, rather than better.

So, although it may seem like semantics at times, we need to be very careful with language!!

That being said, cryopreserved eggs are a great option- World Egg Bank is a good one but there are clinics that offer this service. One of the best with the consistently highest success rates in this area is RBA in Atlanta.

Good luck!

Piper
Piper

November 16th, 2010, 4:46 pm #6

nt

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2010, 7:03 pm #7

the world donor egg bank...Diana Thomas runs it. 15K for 6 eggs I believe. they will ship those eggs to any clinic. quick check in to get clear to see their bank online. about 120 or so donors.

then there is RBA atlanta, 16K for an entire frozen egg cycle, meds included I think, but not sure. I do think also on that you only do get one or two eggs however. you do have to be a patient to view their bank, which is difficult if you would like to do that before signing up with them.

there is another bank, but the price is substantial 23K for 6 or so and from previous encounters of others on the board, that particular one seems sort of shady, so I am not going to offer a lead to that one.

SIRM has been talking about it on their support boards for several years now, but when pressed, as of late, to actually be offering a frozen egg bank,...it hasn't appeared to materialize. doesn't mean it never will, but as of now nothing.

IF, we have to go round two and start over, it's the way I would go. simply because I would have zero tolerance to go through a whole new donor, new fresh cycle ever again. pretty much at the end of our rope already.

GL,

W
it looks like there are only 17 donors with frozen banked eggs available, the rest of the donors are for fresh cycles

W
W

November 16th, 2010, 8:15 pm #8

they will cycle the fresh donors as well, for 16K, freeze 6 eggs and then ship those. also, they will fertilize at fresh for also if you like. look at the fee schedule, it will explain better than I can.

also, Diane Thomas is a well recognized name in the DE world. I have read several articles on her over the years and IMO she likely runs a trustworthy business.

GL

W
W

November 16th, 2010, 8:16 pm #9

nt
about the buy word Piper, I was going to touch on that earlier, but was in a rush at the time.

W

November 16th, 2010, 8:31 pm #10

My local clinic has started an egg vitrification program and has a flat fee for cycling with frozen eggs. Not sure the exact cost or details. I know it is much lower than a fresh cycle and I think they give you 6-8 eggs. I believe that many clinics are now trying this. As for my clinic, I don't think that the success rates are very high yet. It is still a relatively new program for them. Best of luck to you.