What the heck is going on? Progesterone on lupron???

What the heck is going on? Progesterone on lupron???

Orchid
Orchid

December 31st, 2010, 4:39 am #1

I can't believe this.

Why would my progesterone be 4.5 on lupron??????

I started lupron on the 19th.

Why????????????????

I can't start the cycle when I need to start the cycle. And if I can't start the cycle I might not be able to cycle at all. I have frozen eggs but I can only use them this month.

I can't afford anything else...at least not right at the moment.

This is driving me kind of crazy.

I have to wait until Monday and test again to see if my progesterone level drops.

But does anyone understand how or why this would happen? What am I doing wrong? Why have my ovaries gone crazy like this? How do I get them to shut down?

Why is my pituitary gland not listening?

Is there any hope that I will be suppressed by Monday? Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there anything I can do to make my ovaries/pituitary/whatever just shut the hell up and do what the lupron is supposed to do?

December 31st, 2010, 1:07 pm #2

issues. I really do not understand why, at a competent clinic, you would be having all these problems with your cycle. Your clinic should be informing and monitoring you. You should be able to talk to a nurse or doctor on the phone regularly as well as attending for regular monitoring and discussing why you are using this protocol and what is expected.

You will find much support here and lots of expertise, but no substitute for liaising with the clinic responsible for your care.

It is very hard for you as you have an imposed deadline which makes everything understandly feel a bit panicky and obviously critical (which it is).

I hope things improve on this cycle.

Daisy
xxx
Last edited by loochieuk on December 31st, 2010, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orchid
Orchid

December 31st, 2010, 1:22 pm #3

I don't know what to ask, really so I definitely can't blame the clinic.

They tell me I ovulated through the estrogen. So I was a little freaked out and asked if that meant there was something wrong with me and they said no.

I couldn't ask any questions yesterday because I was in the car with someone who doesn't know anything about this--I don't even know them well, they are a work colleague--and so I could not ask any serious questions.

That was VERY frustrating! But there was nothing I could do. I had to go with this colleague to a meeting.

All I could do was hear what they had to say. Even at that, my colleague probably knows a lot about me I'd rather no one knows.. But I was at work until 10 at night...so it was the only time I had to talk to them.

I'm not sure what the clinic could say to me...I actually like this place & these people. I'm not even sure they know why I won't suppress correctly. It's REALLY WEIRD.

I am giving myself the shots and getting the shots. Yes, I do drink caffeine. I will give it up soon but I was sort of indulging while I wasn't trying to build lining...I would give it up before transfer, for sure (like I did last time).

I checked--caffeine should not affect the lupron.

The problem is not just the clinic. They have a study. The study has a deadline set by the parameters of how studies work (they only go for a year)...I have a job. My job has certain lulls and intense periods. I had scheduled to cycle during a lull. I CANNOT cycle during certain times. I just cannot take 2 weeks off.

Some of it is harder because of the fact I am doing all this out of state. Like, for you, if you have to cycle you take 1 week off of work. But I have to talk almost 2 weeks off.

So I will miss the window of time I can take off now. But then I have to wait a month. But the study expires.

So it's not really anyone's fault. I just don't understand what the HELL is happening with my body.

Orchid
Orchid

December 31st, 2010, 1:34 pm #4

Why would I have progesterone in my system right now?

Is it from when I ovulated before? I think I ovulated a few weeks ago....around December 18th. (The board is good for that! Now I have the date because I posted here!)

So would it be progestrone hanging around....from then?

Would it be some new ovulation?

Is progesterone all from corpus luteum that is hanging out in your body from old ovulation experiences?

I just don't get why there would be progesterone in my body. Maybe it would be there from a prior ovulation?

Or maybe my ovaries think they want to ovulate?

I just desperately need them to settle down by Monday. That's pretty much my last day. And the progesterone level needs to be zero.

My belly is fat and I inject in my belly. Is the fat interfering with absorption of the lupron?

Once in a while I did it in the thigh (the video said either one was OK) just and my thigh is not fat so maybe I did not absorb that dose?

I am racking my brains trying to figure it out.

I'm

December 31st, 2010, 1:47 pm #5

I can't believe this.

Why????????????????

I can't start the cycle when I need to start the cycle. And if I can't start the cycle I might not be able to cycle at all. I have frozen eggs but I can only use them this month.

I have to wait until Monday and test again to see if my progesterone level drops.

But does anyone understand how or why this would happen? What am I doing wrong? Why have my ovaries gone crazy like this? How do I get them to shut down?

Is there any hope that I will be suppressed by Monday? Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there anything I can do to make my ovaries/pituitary/whatever just shut the hell up and do what the lupron is supposed to do?
I was going to post a thread, but I am going to hop on this thread (I hope it's ok Orchid)...

I asked for a copy of the FET protocol from my nurse. I saw that it required BCP and Lupron. I was wondering why they needed to shut down my ovaries for a FET. If we're going to use DE, we all could pretty much go with the assumption that our OEs aren't available for conception. So - why go through all this trouble to shut them down??

In the case of genetic issues, it would make sense to shut down ovaries....

December 31st, 2010, 1:54 pm #6

They have to time the cycle exactly.

So they shut down the body's timing and they add their own. They get your uterus into the state it would be at if you were naturally ovulating and then a zygote was heading for implantation.

If your ovaries and uterus are doing their regular thing then the lining won't be in the receptive state, etc. So they suppress you to create a chemical simulation of where you are supposed to be in your cycle.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 31st, 2010, 5:42 pm #7

Why would I have progesterone in my system right now?

Is it from when I ovulated before? I think I ovulated a few weeks ago....around December 18th. (The board is good for that! Now I have the date because I posted here!)

So would it be progestrone hanging around....from then?

Would it be some new ovulation?

Is progesterone all from corpus luteum that is hanging out in your body from old ovulation experiences?

I just don't get why there would be progesterone in my body. Maybe it would be there from a prior ovulation?

Or maybe my ovaries think they want to ovulate?

I just desperately need them to settle down by Monday. That's pretty much my last day. And the progesterone level needs to be zero.

My belly is fat and I inject in my belly. Is the fat interfering with absorption of the lupron?

Once in a while I did it in the thigh (the video said either one was OK) just and my thigh is not fat so maybe I did not absorb that dose?

I am racking my brains trying to figure it out.

I'm

If you think you ovulated on the 18th, then a luteal phase is +/- 14 days until your period starts. This would mean your period should show up in the next couple of days (give or take).

Since your progesterone is 4.5, that means it is (probably) on its way down to 0 from a higher level right after ovulation. 4.5 is kinda low (but still indicates ovulation took place) so it is probably on its way down. Since progesterone is what is keeping the lining in place, when it gets very low the lining will shed, you are close.

You will go in for monitoring on day 2 (or whatever your clinic asks for) and that ultrasound and bloodwork will tell you if the lupron has been keeping your ovaries quiet lately.

December 31st, 2010, 6:09 pm #8

nt

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 31st, 2010, 7:13 pm #9

I can't believe this.

Why????????????????

I'm about to do a FET and I am not sure what levels the progesterone should be?

Orchid
Orchid

December 31st, 2010, 8:07 pm #10

They want my ovaries totally shut down because they seem to ovulate when they are not supposed to.

I ovulated on the estrogen protocol.

I ovulated on birth control pills (progestin only).

You may not have this problem so they may be less obsessed with your progesterone when you start your cycle. I don't know.

But if there is progesterone when you are doing the transfer that's a bad thing because the window of implantation depends on timing and if you ovulate, they can't get the timing right.

That's what happened to me.