Was just reading an article about hypnosis in IVF -success rates

Was just reading an article about hypnosis in IVF -success rates

April 6th, 2011, 5:25 am #1

I hear lots of ladies talking about acupuncture during IVF but has anyone tried hypnosis - don't know but it might be worth a try. A study carried out in Israel showed that IVF rates doubled with hypnosis before and after transfer.

demomone
demomone

April 6th, 2011, 2:42 pm #2

With my OE..went straight to doctors office after an IUI..he was a psychiatrist who had certification in hypnosis..I got pg from that cycle! I also did it after my DE transfer which resulted in my BFP!
I am a real advocate of it!

April 6th, 2011, 7:27 pm #3

I hear lots of ladies talking about acupuncture during IVF but has anyone tried hypnosis - don't know but it might be worth a try. A study carried out in Israel showed that IVF rates doubled with hypnosis before and after transfer.
I used hypnosis for my fresh and frozen de cycle, and I didn't even get a chemical (which at least I got with my own eggs...).

However, I am sure it has a similar effect to acupuncture if done right.

One question I have though, how can something like hypnosis help us when stress is proven to not hurt our attempts?

demomone
demomone

April 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm #4

My understanding is, hypnosis has less to do with relaxation and more to do with mind over matter..

April 7th, 2011, 2:51 am #5

I wonder what they tell you to do...

Just relax a lot?

It FEELS like acupuncture. That's an interesting comparison. The relaxation is acupuncture-like.

Dee
Dee

April 7th, 2011, 9:59 pm #6

I tried hypnotherapy during two failed DE transfers.

It did not work for me.

I don't believe in it, and its also very expensive; I think I paid at least $100 per session.