Was I right or wrong? To question the secretary

Was I right or wrong? To question the secretary

Bharani
Bharani

April 17th, 2012, 2:34 am #1

Today I went back to do my biospy again. the previous one I did was thrown/spit out accidently. I was told to do it again. The secretary asked me after I did the biopsy to pay for shipping. I reminded her I paid before $191. She said she knows that but since something happen to it I should pay. I said to her "but you told me the shipping people spit out.." then she said we don't know but you have to pay..
I was shocked and I said I will pay if you are telling me to pay but I don't see the reasoning why I am the person to pay when I paid for this thing before.

The doctor was beside us all this time. The doctor said what is it? The secretary explained and the doctor asked"did she pay before?" the secretary and I at the same time said "yes" Then, the doctor waved her hands to signal leave. I felt bad saying if I argued? more so argued for something I should have paid for it? I don't know.

demomone
demomone

April 17th, 2012, 3:03 am #2

please do not stress about this..You were 100% right to question her about paying twice for shipping. You should not have to pay for it.
Honestly, I think in all of these clinics..the staff should be better trained to deal with NORMAL anxiety, fear and any emotional state a patient may be in.
Praying for you to have success in the future.

CrazyLady
CrazyLady

April 17th, 2012, 4:56 am #3

Today I went back to do my biospy again. the previous one I did was thrown/spit out accidently. I was told to do it again. The secretary asked me after I did the biopsy to pay for shipping. I reminded her I paid before $191. She said she knows that but since something happen to it I should pay. I said to her "but you told me the shipping people spit out.." then she said we don't know but you have to pay..
I was shocked and I said I will pay if you are telling me to pay but I don't see the reasoning why I am the person to pay when I paid for this thing before.

The doctor was beside us all this time. The doctor said what is it? The secretary explained and the doctor asked"did she pay before?" the secretary and I at the same time said "yes" Then, the doctor waved her hands to signal leave. I felt bad saying if I argued? more so argued for something I should have paid for it? I don't know.
for someone else's error. You were so in the right

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

April 17th, 2012, 10:23 am #4

You were absolutely in the right advocating for yourself. It was not your error and you should not have to pay twice because someone else made an error. Good for you!

April 17th, 2012, 1:26 pm #5

You were in the right! nt

April 17th, 2012, 4:11 pm #6

That secretary is way out of line to ask for more money and the doctor knew it.

April 17th, 2012, 7:14 pm #7

And it burns me up that the secretary tried to charge you for it when you got put through that second biopsy because of the shipping company's screw-up. The secretary doesn't want to be bothered with filing the claim is probably the issue. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Bharani
Bharani

April 17th, 2012, 10:47 pm #8

I feel good now.
Thanks