Uterine Receptivity in Egg Donation

Uterine Receptivity in Egg Donation

March 11th, 2012, 6:37 pm #1

Hi Gang,
So...I have been poring through medical journals to understand uterine receptivity and while it's an elusive concept, it seems that a lot of factors including the thickness of the endometrium (best between 8 and 11) and the blood flow (a triple line pattern on ultrasonography) are non invasive ways to check out uterine receptivity. In other words, there are 2 main factors that ultimately determine whether or not the pregnancy will result after an ET --they are the health of the embryo and the receptivity of the endometrium. The only sure way to check the endometrium is to do a biopsy. The only proof of success is a positive pregnancy test.

I'm 44 and am in the 2ww phase--had an eSET --a blastocyst transferred and will know this weekend!
So exciting.
Sending good energy and positive vibes to all the brave and determined women out there!
Rubi

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 11th, 2012, 9:43 pm #2

Good luck Rubi! nt

March 12th, 2012, 11:37 pm #3

and try not to drive yourself crazy. I just had my test today and got a bfp. mine never made it to blast but they seem to have stuck around on the inside. this was after 5 failures own egg and one DE. Good luck and warm thoughts sent your way. Oddly, I'm more nervous now with one good beta... now it seems so possible I don't want it to fail and want to tell everyone -- but know I shouldn't so I sit and try to remain level until it is confirmed by more tests. good luck!!!