Use of antibiotics and steroids with AH-opinions please.

Use of antibiotics and steroids with AH-opinions please.

Mrs M
Mrs M

May 31st, 2011, 12:45 pm #1

I met with RE last week to discuss plan for FET with our last embryo. I asked about the use of antibiotics and steroids. He said they no longer use the add'l drugs with the assisted hatching b/c the recent research demonstrates it does not impact outcomes. Any experience or opinions? Thxs!

Kacee
Kacee

May 31st, 2011, 3:35 pm #2

clinic this is?

anon
anon

May 31st, 2011, 5:01 pm #3

I met with RE last week to discuss plan for FET with our last embryo. I asked about the use of antibiotics and steroids. He said they no longer use the add'l drugs with the assisted hatching b/c the recent research demonstrates it does not impact outcomes. Any experience or opinions? Thxs!
I won't be using steroids this round because I'm concerned about adverse reactions. My doctor said the benefit is unproven, so not worth the risk.

thesameboat
thesameboat

May 31st, 2011, 5:16 pm #4

I did 6 DE transfers with embryos made from 5 donors' eggs and only ever got pregnant the 2 times I used antibiotics (I had a hidden case of chlamydia, not detected by vaginal swabs but that showed up in bloodwork) and steroids (15 mg prednisone), as recommended by my RI.

Good luck to you.

Kacee
Kacee

May 31st, 2011, 5:51 pm #5

term steroids. I did 10mg of prednisone, starting on CD2 and continued this until 8 weeks. I also did Folgard 2.2 and Lovenox. It was for unexplained chemicals.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 31st, 2011, 10:13 pm #6

If you want to email me I will tell you the name of the clinic. My email is car67atcharterdotnet. My impression is that they have there act together. MD I'm working with has rec'd awards from Resolve and been recognized as one of the best RE's in the area. As are many MD's and healthcare providers in this day of out of control health care costs he is very into "evidence based practice." I just wish he was willing to investigate any underlying issues on my part little more if only to make me feel better and more assured. I'm considering using private labs and private paying for a basic clotting d/o test and an ANA. Also been reading a lot about fish oil helping with clotting and inflammation so think I will definitely add that to the mix.

Kacee
Kacee

June 1st, 2011, 3:19 am #7

you gotta do. I had to convince the RE to add the mentioned items to my protocol. But, I knew, one way or another I was doing them.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

June 1st, 2011, 2:21 pm #8

They are big proponents of SET's. Last night went online to try to order ANA and clotting profile from private labs just for peace of mind but they no longer do it in the state I'm in b/c of billing laws...URGH! At work I have access to medical library so I'm going to do a literature search and see what I can find.

June 5th, 2011, 10:06 pm #9

Hello. I'm gearing up for a July (hopefully) x-fer of donated blasts. With lots of DE failures under my belt, I'm taking everything under the sun - stuff an RI recommended and stuff I read about. Just a few of these things are endorsed by my RE, but I'm lucky that he mostly goes along with:

Fish oil w/ high EPA
Intralipids
Prednisone (steroid) - beginning 4 wks pre-x-fer
Lovenox - beginning 2 wks pre-x-fer
Claritin
Pepcid
Baby aspirin
Vitamin D
Metanx (form of folic)

I'm happy to share more specifics. I know how it is to have to fight one's way to testing, etc. that's out of the box.

Best of luck, all.

Loey