$8k Frozen egg cycle at ACRM

$8k Frozen egg cycle at ACRM

July 14th, 2011, 1:11 pm #1

Received an email from ACRM (Atlanta) and thought I'd pass it along for those on a tight budget and willing to take a risk. They're trying to build their stats since RBA is killing them with the egg bank. Please look at their stats before making a decision. In the spirit of full disclosure, I cycled with ACRM but did not have success (I did not use their egg bank though, used frozen embryos from another clinic) so I moved on to RBA where I did have success. Thought this was worth passing along.

ACRM offers IVF recipient patients $8,000
frozen donor egg cycle

Improved efficiency of the egg donation process due to innovative egg freezing technology minimizes the cost of donor egg fertility treatment for the intended parents. Due to ACRM's high efficiency and success rates, we are pleased to offer IVF recipient patients using frozen donor eggs an $8,000 per cycle fee - HALF the cost of other IVF donor egg programs in the area!
Included in the $8,000.00 program fee:
Fee for services required to obtain 2 high quality embryos or a clinical pregnancy
Recipient Cycle Management Fee
Semen Preparation (Fresh / frozen semen preparation)
Frozen Donor Egg Warming
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injections)
Culture of embryos
Embryo hatching
Embryo preparation for transfer
Embryo transfer - with ultrasound guidance
These costs do not include medication costs purchased at the pharmacy, cryopreservation ($775) and first year storage ($290) of any remaining embryos. As well the pregnancy test and related laboratory work -Progesterone and Estradiol - is not included as the majority of insurance plans provide coverage for pregnancy tests and related lab work.
When the best option for achieving a pregnancy is with donor eggs, ACRM offers a unique and innovative choice. To learn more about the cost effective, highly successful program please contact us at 770.928.2276 or info@acrm.com.

July 14th, 2011, 2:29 pm #2

I hadn't heard of any clinics besides RBA and GIVF offering frozen egg cycles. This is a good sign. Maggie (in VA)

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 15th, 2011, 4:53 am #3

Received an email from ACRM (Atlanta) and thought I'd pass it along for those on a tight budget and willing to take a risk. They're trying to build their stats since RBA is killing them with the egg bank. Please look at their stats before making a decision. In the spirit of full disclosure, I cycled with ACRM but did not have success (I did not use their egg bank though, used frozen embryos from another clinic) so I moved on to RBA where I did have success. Thought this was worth passing along.

frozen donor egg cycle

Improved efficiency of the egg donation process due to innovative egg freezing technology minimizes the cost of donor egg fertility treatment for the intended parents. Due to ACRM's high efficiency and success rates, we are pleased to offer IVF recipient patients using frozen donor eggs an $8,000 per cycle fee - HALF the cost of other IVF donor egg programs in the area!
Fee for services required to obtain 2 high quality embryos or a clinical pregnancy
Frozen Donor Egg Warming
Culture of embryos
Embryo hatching
These costs do not include medication costs purchased at the pharmacy, cryopreservation ($775) and first year storage ($290) of any remaining embryos. As well the pregnancy test and related laboratory work -Progesterone and Estradiol - is not included as the majority of insurance plans provide coverage for pregnancy tests and related lab work.
When the best option for achieving a pregnancy is with donor eggs, ACRM offers a unique and innovative choice. To learn more about the cost effective, highly successful program please contact us at 770.928.2276 or info@acrm.com.
Wow, I wonder how long they will run this? This would suit us so perfectly! Any ideas on their stats or are they just starting?
Thanks for the info!

ttctwoyears
ttctwoyears

August 12th, 2011, 2:01 am #4

You can look here for statistics:

http://www.sart.org/find_frm.html

ttctwoyears
ttctwoyears

August 12th, 2011, 2:08 am #5

I used to go to ACRM, but now go to RBA. I can tell you the regular costs for consultation and treatment at ACRM is cheaper than RBA. I've known people that are successful with getting pregnant at ACRM, (I didn't), so if you decide to go on with this deal and are successful, the price is a good deal. I also know that RBA do offer IVF discount (how much discount I don't know), but you have to pay full cost for the prescription. Unfortunately, infertility treatment is like taking a risk. If you look at the stats for both clinics, they are close but I realize RBA has less percentage of cases of unexplained infertility.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 12th, 2011, 3:20 pm #6

frozen donor egg cycle

Frozen Donor Egg Warming
Culture of embryos
Embryo hatching
Wow what a great deal, I was with acrm using own egg and did not care for them. I have switched to rba and love them however according to that email I would pay double the price for the same thing. Do you know if acrm provides all the same info for the donors and allows you to view it yourself to make a choice. I checked the website and didn't even see anything about the frozen program and with the fresh donors it seems like their staff chooses your donor for you.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2011, 2:28 am #7

Wow, I wonder how long they will run this? This would suit us so perfectly! Any ideas on their stats or are they just starting?
Thanks for the info!
I went to ACRM for their $8k frozen cycle and didn't get pregnant. I was their 10th patient and their success rate was around 44%. So, they're still in the exploratory phase. But, if it works it's a good deal. I think the protocol is similar to RBA's however I personally don't think their lab is as good as RBA's. RBA has the process down and has much better success rates at around 70%.