Untitled

Untitled

August 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm #1

Hello, All,

(arghh! I just wrote a long post and lost it b/c I guess the network54 server was down. Here is a pared down version.)

I'm so happy to have found this forum! My DH and I are starting the DE process, after 4 years of TTC, and two MCs. Two questions (for now!) for you all:

1. I'm intrigued by all the talk about which clinic to use. We have a doctor/clinic here in Delaware we are happy with. Even though we haven't had success, we feel we got good care from them and the doctor reconstructed/saved my uterus last year (it was riddled with small and mid-sized fibroids). He feels I'm a good candidate for DE, and I've already had a mock cycle that went well. Am I being naive for not looking into other clinics? His stats are not listed on sart.org

2. Anyone have experience with the donor agency Extraordinary Conceptions? Right out of the box, we have already had a dissapointment with a donor we really liked at the World Egg Bank (recommended by my doctor) who got snatched away by another couple. When we said we'd wait and asked if she would do another cycle with us, she said no (her schedule was too busy to do an out of state cycle). I haven't even told my DH yet, he will be very sad, as she reminded him of me. So I've asked my clinic for other egg banks, and they said to look at West Coast Fertility (Dr. Diaz). Extraordinary Conceptions was listed on Dr. Diaz's web site. I like the feel of the site and have found a donor I like. Any experience or insight about it? Or about The World Egg Bank, for that matter?

Thanks for any insight you can offer, and thanks for being here!

iliaT
iliaT

August 17th, 2011, 3:13 pm #2

and as I was told I hope you stay is short! Funny when I first came on to these boards I would write novels...only to not be able to post them just like what happened to you.
My husband took awhile to come around to this de idea...sheesh so did I...but it is one of our last hopes. I do not know much of anything about agencies because we will go with a money back program and clinic donor pool both which I have only learned about on this board. Some of the other gals will be able to answer your questions re: agencies I just wanted to welcome you and wish you all the best. In the future everyone on here will help you with whatever topic you want to throw at us!

August 17th, 2011, 4:27 pm #3

Hello, All,

(arghh! I just wrote a long post and lost it b/c I guess the network54 server was down. Here is a pared down version.)

I'm so happy to have found this forum! My DH and I are starting the DE process, after 4 years of TTC, and two MCs. Two questions (for now!) for you all:

1. I'm intrigued by all the talk about which clinic to use. We have a doctor/clinic here in Delaware we are happy with. Even though we haven't had success, we feel we got good care from them and the doctor reconstructed/saved my uterus last year (it was riddled with small and mid-sized fibroids). He feels I'm a good candidate for DE, and I've already had a mock cycle that went well. Am I being naive for not looking into other clinics? His stats are not listed on sart.org

2. Anyone have experience with the donor agency Extraordinary Conceptions? Right out of the box, we have already had a dissapointment with a donor we really liked at the World Egg Bank (recommended by my doctor) who got snatched away by another couple. When we said we'd wait and asked if she would do another cycle with us, she said no (her schedule was too busy to do an out of state cycle). I haven't even told my DH yet, he will be very sad, as she reminded him of me. So I've asked my clinic for other egg banks, and they said to look at West Coast Fertility (Dr. Diaz). Extraordinary Conceptions was listed on Dr. Diaz's web site. I like the feel of the site and have found a donor I like. Any experience or insight about it? Or about The World Egg Bank, for that matter?

on SART. Is he not a member...and, if so, why not? What are his stats? DE is a huge financial and emotional undertaking.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 17th, 2011, 4:39 pm #4

Hello, All,

Every clinic or dr doing IVF is required to notify CDC of their success rates. You can probably see 2008 stats for your dr through the CDC report.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 17th, 2011, 5:17 pm #5

There are 2 places in Delaware who reported donor egg stats for 2009, Reproductive Associates of Delaware and The Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine, both in Newark.

Aufrecht
Aufrecht

August 17th, 2011, 6:00 pm #6

Hello, All,

You will want to know of your Dr. or clinic:

1. How many transfers do they do a year?
2. How many resulted in pregnancy? (as defined by heartbeat by ultrasound at 6-7 weeks)
3. What is their standard protocol for donor? Standard protocol for recipiants? What tweaks do they do to the protocol if it is not successful?
4. What is their egg freezing technique for FETs? Success rates? If you do fresh DE with them and are not successful, will they do the FET for reduced cost?

I caution you. This is an expensive process and emotionally and physically arduous. It does not always work the first time. I did 5 fresh transfers resulting in 1 ectopic, 2 BFN, 1 daughter and am now 5 weeks pregnant. That is about a 60% success rate and my clinic stats have 68% success rates so I am not a super performer for them. Keep asking questions.

hopefullindelaware
hopefullindelaware

August 17th, 2011, 7:10 pm #7

There are 2 places in Delaware who reported donor egg stats for 2009, Reproductive Associates of Delaware and The Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine, both in Newark.
thanks! my doctor is one of the ones listed. Good info, thanks!

August 17th, 2011, 7:27 pm #8

on SART. Is he not a member...and, if so, why not? What are his stats? DE is a huge financial and emotional undertaking.
Reproductive Associates of Delaware
Fresh DE cycles - 6 - 5/6 resulted in live births. FET 17 - 9/17 resulted in live birth.

Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine
Fresh DE cycles - 10 - 3/10 resulted in live births. FET 0/none

Both clinics appear to do very few DE cycles, however, the stats for the first clinic are pretty good, but the second clinic does not look promising.

hopefulindelaware
hopefulindelaware

August 17th, 2011, 8:10 pm #9

Hello, All,

Thanks for the nice welcome and good insights, everyone!

(Still getting used to the mechanics of this forum, I do know how to spell, really!)

Best of luck to everyone!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

August 17th, 2011, 11:46 pm #10

Hello, All,

As the previous poster said I hope your stay will be short. I do not have any info to share on clinics in Delaware or the agencies you mentioned. I agree with the previous posters that you do want to consider the clinics DE stats. Have you considered a shared risk/guarantee program? We did not for our first DE cycle b/c we were convinced it would be the magic fix. Unfortunately for us we are a year into the process, used a four time proven donor and have not had success yet. We have spent $30,000 plus the emotional and time toll and we are down to only one three day frozen embryo left. We will thaw and hopefully transfer that embryo on Sept 2 but if it does not work we need to some how come up with the $ for Shady Grove. My dh is ready to give up but I'm not even close to being ready to quit. GL to you!