triple stripe lining 16.9mm....too thick???

triple stripe lining 16.9mm....too thick???

secretly cycling xxx
secretly cycling xxx

November 3rd, 2010, 9:29 am #1

Is that too thick lining. I had my transfer on sunday. That was my lining on the wednesday before transfer, the doctor reduced my estrace but i'm really worried now.

Kekona
Kekona

November 3rd, 2010, 12:34 pm #2

and they did not cut back my estrogen, so who knows what it got to by the week we did xfer. I had a + beta this week, so we'll see if this works out. GL!

November 3rd, 2010, 1:41 pm #3

Is that too thick lining. I had my transfer on sunday. That was my lining on the wednesday before transfer, the doctor reduced my estrace but i'm really worried now.
I still post there now and then. Usually they are very helpful though occasionally one answers without really reading the question (frustrating but they are doing it for no compensation so I won't complain).

pixl
pixl

November 3rd, 2010, 4:12 pm #4

Oh man, I've been in your shoes with the same worry in the past year, and I went diving into the published studies to see what I could find.

There are several studies which say that a lining over 14mm is not ideal, but there are other studies that say it doesn't affect pregnancy rates. So it doesn't seem to be clear cut either way.

In the end I chose not to stress over it, because even if it really wasn't ideal, it is not like nobody ever gets pregnant with a non-ideal lining. Although we don't see too many thick linings around here, I have read about many on these boards with thinner than ideal linings who had success. And embryos can even implant without a lining at all, e.g. ectopics. Honestly, I think the biggest factor is still the quality of the embryo.

November 4th, 2010, 1:03 am #5

but went down to 15 when I started the progesterone, so on the day of transfer it was exactly 15. All my previous cycles it was around 10 mm (13 of them), last time with the 15 after progesterone I got lucky x 2. Good luck!

secretly cycling xxx
secretly cycling xxx

November 4th, 2010, 4:35 pm #6

thanks xxx