transfer tomorrow

transfer tomorrow

Dee
Dee

August 23rd, 2012, 4:32 am #1

They changed it to Friday, instead of Thursday. This morning I noticed a very tiny amount of brownish blood-tinged mucous when I was toweling myself off after my shower. I could be losing tiny amounts of endometrium. Or it could be irritation from the progesterone suppositories, either way, I do not know.

So, I let emailed my doctor and asked if I could have a sonogram today to check my lining.

They will have to freeze everything if my lining does not look good enough. I hate to keep posting about this but I am in such a state of despair.

E&H
E&H

August 23rd, 2012, 6:21 am #2

nt

August 23rd, 2012, 7:27 am #3

I also replied to you on the pink board.

My donor's retrieval was Monday. They told me to start progesterone on Monday as well. They originally told me my transfer would be on Thursday, but they changed it to Friday (tomorrow). That would mean I am getting a transfer of 5 day old embryos.

August 23rd, 2012, 8:15 am #4

They changed it to Friday, instead of Thursday. This morning I noticed a very tiny amount of brownish blood-tinged mucous when I was toweling myself off after my shower. I could be losing tiny amounts of endometrium. Or it could be irritation from the progesterone suppositories, either way, I do not know.

So, I let emailed my doctor and asked if I could have a sonogram today to check my lining.

They will have to freeze everything if my lining does not look good enough. I hate to keep posting about this but I am in such a state of despair.
My Doctor here in Czech Republic just checked my lining, it is 9.4. She said there is some coagulation of blood on my cervix that she thinks is from a previous menstrual cycle. She said if all blood is not released during a period, it can accumulate in the cervix. She pointed to a spot on my cervix where there was a small amount of blood. She does not feel it is significant and no need to cancel the transfer for tomorrow. She said everything looked good.

However, when I had a sonogram done on Monday of this week, at my other doctor's office (because of spotting), the sonographer said there was blood at the lower section of my uterus, and my lining had gone down some. Now, obviously my lining went back up because my estrace dosage was doubled by my doctor here in czech republic. I am not sure how coagulation of blood in my cervix from a previous period would have caused my uterine lining to go down. The only explanation I have is that I had taken some antibiotics and mucinex the week before that might have "thrown off" the estrogen I was taking; the pharmacist told me that the antibiotic reduced the effectiveness of hormonal drugs.

I am conflicted about what to do. My doctor who did the sonogram today is a medical doctor, whereas the person who did the sonogram back in my home town is a sonographer, not a doctor. So I feel that I should defer to the doctor's medical viewpoint, but I am still worried that when they do the transfer, I might start spotting again.

E&H
E&H

August 23rd, 2012, 9:24 am #5

I also replied to you on the pink board.

My donor's retrieval was Monday. They told me to start progesterone on Monday as well. They originally told me my transfer would be on Thursday, but they changed it to Friday (tomorrow). That would mean I am getting a transfer of 5 day old embryos.
Hope all is well.

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 23rd, 2012, 12:30 pm #6

My Doctor here in Czech Republic just checked my lining, it is 9.4. She said there is some coagulation of blood on my cervix that she thinks is from a previous menstrual cycle. She said if all blood is not released during a period, it can accumulate in the cervix. She pointed to a spot on my cervix where there was a small amount of blood. She does not feel it is significant and no need to cancel the transfer for tomorrow. She said everything looked good.

However, when I had a sonogram done on Monday of this week, at my other doctor's office (because of spotting), the sonographer said there was blood at the lower section of my uterus, and my lining had gone down some. Now, obviously my lining went back up because my estrace dosage was doubled by my doctor here in czech republic. I am not sure how coagulation of blood in my cervix from a previous period would have caused my uterine lining to go down. The only explanation I have is that I had taken some antibiotics and mucinex the week before that might have "thrown off" the estrogen I was taking; the pharmacist told me that the antibiotic reduced the effectiveness of hormonal drugs.

I am conflicted about what to do. My doctor who did the sonogram today is a medical doctor, whereas the person who did the sonogram back in my home town is a sonographer, not a doctor. So I feel that I should defer to the doctor's medical viewpoint, but I am still worried that when they do the transfer, I might start spotting again.
especially after travelling so far to be there. Did they check your progesterone levels? They didn't use to do that in Zlin (if that's where you are) but I think they do now. Hoping for you.

Dee
Dee

August 23rd, 2012, 12:48 pm #7

no, they did not check my progesterone levels, this time or the last couple of times I have been at this clinic; not sure why. I will ask.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

August 23rd, 2012, 1:47 pm #8

I have no advice, but want to wish you all the best.

thesameboat
thesameboat

August 23rd, 2012, 2:19 pm #9

no, they did not check my progesterone levels, this time or the last couple of times I have been at this clinic; not sure why. I will ask.
that no one ever checked mine for OE IVF or for my first few DE transfers. When they finally started checking, my progesterone was around 6 on the US table (they like to see 20) and 20-something on the Czech table (they like to see around 100, if I remember correctly). While low progesterone didn't cause me to spot, it can for some women.
(Please do note, though, that the blood levels for FETs or for DE transfers are not as relevant, since you're getting a lot of progesterone from the vaginal gel or vaginal suppositories, so that part of it doesn't show up in the bloodwork.)

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 23rd, 2012, 3:33 pm #10

I hope your anxiousness subsides and you have a great transfer. Good luck to you.