Timing of shots

Timing of shots

April 5th, 2011, 1:15 am #1

I have been on a small dosage of lupron for the past couple of weeks. I have been pretty timely to take the shots at 8:30 pm. The clinic told me to do it every night b/w 6-9. Well last night I almost forgot and took it at like 10:30pm. and then tonight I took it a half an hour late. Should I be concerned?

Bethlyn
Bethlyn

April 5th, 2011, 2:00 am #2

This amount of time difference will not matter. When I was late with a shot, sometimes I would make it up by moving the next night's shot to 1/2 hour earlier than the previous night's and then continue with this timing until I was back on track... but sometimes I just went right back to my regular schedule.

April 5th, 2011, 5:14 am #3

I have been on a small dosage of lupron for the past couple of weeks. I have been pretty timely to take the shots at 8:30 pm. The clinic told me to do it every night b/w 6-9. Well last night I almost forgot and took it at like 10:30pm. and then tonight I took it a half an hour late. Should I be concerned?
I think 1-2 hours is the OK window and you are usually OK even with 3.

I have heard lupron leaves the body slowly so you have a margin of error.

Brigid
Brigid

April 6th, 2011, 9:15 pm #4

I actually forgot to take my second shot. I thought of it at 5:30 am, so I got up and took it then. I called the nurse the next day, and she said not to worry and to take my shot at the usual time that night. I had my first "real" (not baseline) sono on Mon., and she said my lining looked great. So, I hope it doesn't make a difference! I did post when I missed my shot and got a couple of replies. It was around the end of March.