Thoughts on HPT day 6

Thoughts on HPT day 6

Lisa
Lisa

June 28th, 2012, 5:31 pm #1

Anyone done a HPT on day 6?
Thoughts, results?

June 28th, 2012, 10:03 pm #2

..but be cautious. I did my first one at 4dp5dt (4 days post 5 day transfer) and got a faint line; another one on day 5 looked a teeny tiny bit darker... but I had twins. LOTS of people don't see anything until several days later, especially if you had a single transfer, so please don't make yourself crazy if you don't see that line!! When's your beta?

Lisa
Lisa

June 28th, 2012, 10:15 pm #3

Hi,
I have Beta on 7/5. I had the 3 day transfer last friday. I took it. Nothing. But I'm trying not to panic.

June 28th, 2012, 10:47 pm #4

For a 3-day transfer, there's no way you'd see it yet! Remember, the blastocyst won't even hatch until about day 6 after fertilization (so 3 days after your transfer) and then implantation doesn't typically occur for another 24-72 hours. Even AFTER implantation, it would take a few days to register on an HPT. So, it's theoretically possible you're getting implantation around now, but it's still really, really early. I'd wait until Sunday or Monday to try again! Good luck!

June 28th, 2012, 11:13 pm #5

Anyone done a HPT on day 6?
Thoughts, results?
I first tested on 4dp5dt = BFN. Tested on 5dp5dt (10 'DPO') and got a nice line (beta following day was 70). But that was with twins. You're still early yet! Hang in there.

June 29th, 2012, 1:18 am #6

Hi,
I have Beta on 7/5. I had the 3 day transfer last friday. I took it. Nothing. But I'm trying not to panic.
I peed on an embarrassing number of sticks and they were all snow white, day after day. Finally afternoon of 7dp5dt I got a light line on a CVS blue || test. My beta two days later was 51. Three days after that, 186. I had twins on board who stayed neck and neck with each other through the pregnancy.

You are way way too early!!

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 29th, 2012, 5:21 am #7

For a 3-day transfer, there's no way you'd see it yet! Remember, the blastocyst won't even hatch until about day 6 after fertilization (so 3 days after your transfer) and then implantation doesn't typically occur for another 24-72 hours. Even AFTER implantation, it would take a few days to register on an HPT. So, it's theoretically possible you're getting implantation around now, but it's still really, really early. I'd wait until Sunday or Monday to try again! Good luck!
I agree. It's too early. Good luck, though. nt