This can't be good news.

This can't be good news.

Kekona
Kekona

November 10th, 2010, 9:32 pm #1

Beta is only 484. It was 179 on Nov. 3. And I've had bad cramps today and had to leave school early.

June
June

November 10th, 2010, 9:49 pm #2

say anything or did they just give you the number?
I know there are some on the boards who have had slow rising betas and good outcomes but that is probably little comfort to you right now. This is not fair and I'm sorry it wasn't a better number.

Do you have some frozens?

June

November 10th, 2010, 9:51 pm #3

Beta is only 484. It was 179 on Nov. 3. And I've had bad cramps today and had to leave school early.
Nov. 3rd was sure a long time ago. Can they do another beta sooner this time? I don't know anything about betas...what does it mean that it is rising but not quickly?

Kekona
Kekona

November 10th, 2010, 9:56 pm #4

say anything or did they just give you the number?
I know there are some on the boards who have had slow rising betas and good outcomes but that is probably little comfort to you right now. This is not fair and I'm sorry it wasn't a better number.

Do you have some frozens?

June
I need to know what their FET % for 2009 is. For 2008, it was only 7.7%, and that is $@\!. Preparing for 2 FET's (1 canceled b/c they told me to start crinone too soon) last summer cost me at least 4k, probably more. All that monitoring out of pocket, and the acupuncture, travel, etc. They did not compensate me for the canceled cycle.

They did not say anything at all. I left vm and emails. Finally I drove to the monitoring clinic and said that the fax hadn't gone through -- could I please get a copy of the lab report to relay myself? Opened it and saw bad news.

I am never, ever recommending this clinic to anybody. Ever. Period. For any reason. I might do an FET there if their 2009 FET% is a good bit better than 2008, but I can't see paying another 2-3k for a 7.7% chance of success.

Kekona
Kekona

November 10th, 2010, 9:57 pm #5

Nov. 3rd was sure a long time ago. Can they do another beta sooner this time? I don't know anything about betas...what does it mean that it is rising but not quickly?
I have u/s scheduled for Friday -- that was the soonest dh could come. I've been alone before when u/s showed m/c and I'd rather not be alone again. Maybe I'll ask for another beta on Friday, too.

I had to ask for this beta. They were content with the 2, which is insane, IMO. I'm sure they'll let me have another if I ask.

November 10th, 2010, 10:06 pm #6

I need to know what their FET % for 2009 is. For 2008, it was only 7.7%, and that is $@\!. Preparing for 2 FET's (1 canceled b/c they told me to start crinone too soon) last summer cost me at least 4k, probably more. All that monitoring out of pocket, and the acupuncture, travel, etc. They did not compensate me for the canceled cycle.

They did not say anything at all. I left vm and emails. Finally I drove to the monitoring clinic and said that the fax hadn't gone through -- could I please get a copy of the lab report to relay myself? Opened it and saw bad news.

I am never, ever recommending this clinic to anybody. Ever. Period. For any reason. I might do an FET there if their 2009 FET% is a good bit better than 2008, but I can't see paying another 2-3k for a 7.7% chance of success.
for the first year. Now you will have to pay for meds and monitoring, but you shouldn't have to pay the clinic anything. I'm sorry that your number didn't increase accordingly. This is just disheartening to get your hopes up and then to have them crushed.

Kekona
Kekona

November 10th, 2010, 10:12 pm #7

thank you for being supportive. But it will cost me 2-3k to prepare and travel for another FET, and if my chances for success is comparable to 7.7%, which was their 2008 FET %, it will be like burning money. Statistically, it's just not a good deal unless FET% is a lot higher.

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

November 10th, 2010, 10:15 pm #8

after 4 years lurking on infertility boards that beta is def. still in with a chance. What is the doubling time? Could you go get your blood drawn at your local Drs in two days to see more closely what is going on?

Really hoping that this works our for you.
MFH

November 10th, 2010, 10:16 pm #9

Hon, I'm sorry it wasn't a nice high beta to put your mind at ease, but hang in there - although it's not doubling in 48 hrs, I've seen much stranger things happen on the boards. I hope your u/s Friday shows really good news. ((Hugs)),
Kenny

Kekona
Kekona

November 10th, 2010, 10:22 pm #10

after 4 years lurking on infertility boards that beta is def. still in with a chance. What is the doubling time? Could you go get your blood drawn at your local Drs in two days to see more closely what is going on?

Really hoping that this works our for you.
MFH
I was looking at betabase, and even though there were a few successful pg. with that doubling time, they weren't in my age range. I'll try to get another beta Friday. I hate that they didn't have me do more -- plus they had me do hcg boosters, which has completely confused the whole picture. My guess is that it probably is falling, and now we'll never know how high it got.