Thank you (positive mentioned)

Thank you (positive mentioned)

Calm
Calm

September 24th, 2011, 5:58 pm #1

First, thank you all for the warm words below. You lifted me up while I waited for 2nd beta. I am very grateful for all the support you've given.

Second beta is in and it went from 305 to 780 in 48 hours. Peed on a stick last night just so I could finally see what one of those positives look like. Clinic says looking good - still in twin zone it seems. Omg.

So they have me coming in again on Monday for one more beta then we wait til 7 weeks for ultrasound. Nothing in between? Is that others experience?

September 24th, 2011, 7:02 pm #2

That's a great number! As for your question: yes, my clinic was exactly the same. After the 3rd beta, they scheduled the first u/s for 7 weeks, although in our case we got one at 6w1d because I was having spotting and cramping (turned out to be OK). It is a long time to wait, I agree...esp if you're wondering about twins! (I actually wondered if my symptoms might have been psychosomatic because I really wanted that scan, but the staff at the clinic were really nice about it.)

CrazyLady
CrazyLady

September 24th, 2011, 7:05 pm #3

First, thank you all for the warm words below. You lifted me up while I waited for 2nd beta. I am very grateful for all the support you've given.

Second beta is in and it went from 305 to 780 in 48 hours. Peed on a stick last night just so I could finally see what one of those positives look like. Clinic says looking good - still in twin zone it seems. Omg.

So they have me coming in again on Monday for one more beta then we wait til 7 weeks for ultrasound. Nothing in between? Is that others experience?
anxiously waiting with you!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

September 24th, 2011, 8:04 pm #4

Keep us posted on your progress.

September 25th, 2011, 7:16 am #5

I think that my clinic was a bit more conservative. I (via the GC) had 4 betas, b/c they like to see the beta over a certain number before they order the u/s. Don't really know why, if the betas were doubling, but oh well. Then we had the first u/s at 6w and I think I am having one at 8ish and 10-11ish weeks, and then we graduate. Not certain, but I think that is how it works. I'll let you know. In the meantime, our next u/s is scheduled for 8w3d and the first one was at 6w3d. And, we heard a nice strong hb.

GL. I can't wait to hear your report of when you hear the first hb. That is just the sweetest sound ever.

September 26th, 2011, 1:15 am #6

woohoo! congrats! happy&healthy 9mths! nt

H40+
H40+

September 26th, 2011, 2:26 pm #7

Congratulations!

September 26th, 2011, 6:41 pm #8

So we've gone from 308 to 780 and now to 1737...doubling all the way. U/S is 10/11...so now I wait Had some pink/red spotting today and freaked until I got the beta...but it is gone and likely nothing to worry about per RE...

Waiting IS the hardest part
Last edited by Calm118 on September 26th, 2011, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 26th, 2011, 9:48 pm #9

How are you doing at staying calm? I understand about the spotting: I had a lot of that until about 10 weeks. Hopefully yours has subsided for good.