Success stories wanted!!

Success stories wanted!!

katiedog
katiedog

June 17th, 2012, 5:19 pm #1

Friday we did a 3 day transfer of 2 embies. One was graded a B and the other was graded a C. We cycled with RBA and qualified for the guarantee since we did not have an A quality embryo to transfer. I was basically told one I got my negative beta they would re-issue me a password and I could start to review the frozen donor database again. So the RE has no hope for this cycle which makes me have little hope as well. Any similar success stories would be great!

Thanks!

June 17th, 2012, 5:56 pm #2

my clinic didnt rate embies...they said even embies that seemed bad produced healthy babies...and...im proof!
my donor was 32 yrs old..had high fsh, smoked, and was very over weight.
we did not get a lot of embies -- only 6...they all fertilized... they transferred back 3 ...none of which looked great...
my first beta was 668 at 16dpo....
and i now have a very healthy 4yr old DS..
it was the first try!
i guess i was lucky..
o btw...mine was a 3day transfer!
Last edited by Colleen60 on June 17th, 2012, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 17th, 2012, 6:55 pm #3

Friday we did a 3 day transfer of 2 embies. One was graded a B and the other was graded a C. We cycled with RBA and qualified for the guarantee since we did not have an A quality embryo to transfer. I was basically told one I got my negative beta they would re-issue me a password and I could start to review the frozen donor database again. So the RE has no hope for this cycle which makes me have little hope as well. Any similar success stories would be great!

Thanks!
Hi,

First off, good luck!!! Have you looked at the RBA thread on the DE board at Feetile thoughts under the infertility forum? Quite a few ladies whose envies did not meet the guarantee when transfer occurred wound up pregnant. As such, don't give up hope. I would have a lot of hope. These are two embies of a young donor. I'm surprised that your RE said that too you. Maybe he/she just wanted you to know that worse case scenario, they would honor their guarantee. Do you know yet if you have any frosties? I am cycling there now myself and it makes me feel good when I hear that they actually honor their guarantee. I think you should check out the RBA thread. You will see quite a few successes in your position.

Good luck!!!

katiejack
katiejack

June 17th, 2012, 9:29 pm #4

my clinic didnt rate embies...they said even embies that seemed bad produced healthy babies...and...im proof!
we did not get a lot of embies -- only 6...they all fertilized... they transferred back 3 ...none of which looked great...
it was the first try!
i guess i was lucky..
Thank you so much for sharing your story with me!! It does give me hope...

katiejack
katiejack

June 17th, 2012, 9:32 pm #5

Hi,

First off, good luck!!! Have you looked at the RBA thread on the DE board at Feetile thoughts under the infertility forum? Quite a few ladies whose envies did not meet the guarantee when transfer occurred wound up pregnant. As such, don't give up hope. I would have a lot of hope. These are two embies of a young donor. I'm surprised that your RE said that too you. Maybe he/she just wanted you to know that worse case scenario, they would honor their guarantee. Do you know yet if you have any frosties? I am cycling there now myself and it makes me feel good when I hear that they actually honor their guarantee. I think you should check out the RBA thread. You will see quite a few successes in your position.

Good luck!!!
They thawed 6 and only 3 fertilized. RE said it raised an eyebrow from the beginning. We have one more that was only 4 cells on day three, I am assuming it has arrested since I have not heard that it made it to freeze (today would be day 5)

I will check out that thread, thank you. Wishing you good luck on your cycle!!

June 18th, 2012, 1:39 am #6

Thanks!
nt
Last edited by BabsA on June 18th, 2012, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katiejack
katiejack

June 18th, 2012, 1:56 am #7

Thank you for sharing your success with me!

Lisa
Lisa

June 19th, 2012, 1:07 pm #8

it was the first try!
i guess i was lucky..
Just curious and if it's none of my business, fair enough: Why did you go with a donor with a donor who smoked? I was under the impression that donors were not supposed to be smoking.