subchorionic bleeding

subchorionic bleeding

June 21st, 2015, 2:36 am #1

I completed 15 weeks this Thursday and out of nowhere a red gush of blood showed up. We ran to ob and then to ER to find that I have a random SCH. My doctor is not very good in exactly sending positive vubes. He did tell us that it may go on its own or may not. I left the hospital very very upset. The twins are doing fine. I had another heavy round of brown bleed today- doc has asked to take it easy and just wait at this point as nothing much can be done except to hope that it goes away on its own. I am so upset and nervous at the same time. After 8 years of our struggle this is the farthest we have come and I can't believe that bad luck just wouldn't leave me alone...anyone go through this with a positive story?

June 21st, 2015, 3:15 am #2

So sorry you are going through this and it is nerve racking and frightening.
After 10 years and 13 losses, I was doing fine until week 8 when I had a huge bleed. I rushed to the ER and was told not very positive things. I called my RE and she reassured me that this was common and that we would have to wait it out.
I did call my hematologist and she did stop the lovenox and baby aspirin until the bleeding stopped. I do have three clotting disorders and was not just treated with blood thinner prophylactically. The bleeding stopped after one week. I was on partial bedrest, stayed very hydrated and kept my feet up. No lifting, no bending. After that, I did fine for the remainder of the pregnancy. I was pregnant with a singleton. I understand from many of my friends who have had twins, that this is not uncommon and for some reason this is common with IVF babies.
I wish you the best of luck and think positively.

June 21st, 2015, 4:59 am #3

I completed 15 weeks this Thursday and out of nowhere a red gush of blood showed up. We ran to ob and then to ER to find that I have a random SCH. My doctor is not very good in exactly sending positive vubes. He did tell us that it may go on its own or may not. I left the hospital very very upset. The twins are doing fine. I had another heavy round of brown bleed today- doc has asked to take it easy and just wait at this point as nothing much can be done except to hope that it goes away on its own. I am so upset and nervous at the same time. After 8 years of our struggle this is the farthest we have come and I can't believe that bad luck just wouldn't leave me alone...anyone go through this with a positive story?
I wish my RE had told me how common SCH's are with IVF pregnancies - I had one early on and it resolved and my little guy is 2 years old now. Most really do resolve on their own - I know it's not easy to relax, but likely that all will be ok

June 21st, 2015, 5:54 pm #4

Yes, we wish that we knew how common SCH is in IVF babies. Ours was about 10 weeks and we were so frightened. However, she is also a 2 year old now.

gettingthere2 I do think that the fact that your second episode of bleeding was brown is a positive sign - that is old blood and it may just be left over from the initial bleed.

B

June 22nd, 2015, 12:49 am #5

So sorry you are going through this and it is nerve racking and frightening.
After 10 years and 13 losses, I was doing fine until week 8 when I had a huge bleed. I rushed to the ER and was told not very positive things. I called my RE and she reassured me that this was common and that we would have to wait it out.
I did call my hematologist and she did stop the lovenox and baby aspirin until the bleeding stopped. I do have three clotting disorders and was not just treated with blood thinner prophylactically. The bleeding stopped after one week. I was on partial bedrest, stayed very hydrated and kept my feet up. No lifting, no bending. After that, I did fine for the remainder of the pregnancy. I was pregnant with a singleton. I understand from many of my friends who have had twins, that this is not uncommon and for some reason this is common with IVF babies.
I wish you the best of luck and think positively.
My OB did not ask me to stop baby aspirin, but I stopped taking it anyway. Glad to hear your story, I am just going to stay positive and let this go away.

June 22nd, 2015, 12:50 am #6

I wish my RE had told me how common SCH's are with IVF pregnancies - I had one early on and it resolved and my little guy is 2 years old now. Most really do resolve on their own - I know it's not easy to relax, but likely that all will be ok
for responding green.elephant. Helps a lot to hear stories from others who have gone through this. So far the bleeding has not stopped but it has not been red, so I am hoping it's a regular healing process.

June 22nd, 2015, 12:52 am #7

Yes, we wish that we knew how common SCH is in IVF babies. Ours was about 10 weeks and we were so frightened. However, she is also a 2 year old now.

gettingthere2 I do think that the fact that your second episode of bleeding was brown is a positive sign - that is old blood and it may just be left over from the initial bleed.

B
for responding. Third round of bleed today was also brown, hoping this is all good. Just taking it easy, resting and keeping positive.

June 22nd, 2015, 3:02 am #8

She is 7 now- scary but all went well. Two factors that determine outcome are time of onset (later is better, and yours is very late- they usually begin earlier in the first trimester). Size in relation to gestational sac is also a consideration. If the sac is larger than the SH, that's better. Also, brown blood is old blood, so that's good. Hopefully it will decrease in size and disappear soon!

I remember the anxiety- hang in there! This is very common!

June 22nd, 2015, 9:11 pm #9

I started bleeding, and I mean it looked and felt just like AF, at about 5 weeks. That is a really typical time for that to occur. I can understand how nerve racking it would be to have that kind of bleeding at 15 weeks. My RE put me on "pelvic rest" till the first trimester was over. I carried my twins to almost 38 weeks, and they had no NICU time. Hang in there! Maggie (in VA)

June 22nd, 2015, 11:19 pm #10

I had one at 5 1/2 weeks with current pregnancy. Currently 29 weeks and all is well. I was on pelvic rest and no lifting u til 8 weeks. Hoping all goes well for you. It is so nerve racking.