Sometimes the tiniest thing can be upsetting...last minute insecurities :-(

Sometimes the tiniest thing can be upsetting...last minute insecurities :-(

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 2nd, 2011, 6:19 pm #1

We got good news today. Donor is doing well and she will likely retrieve Sunday. Of course, this means DH has to go to the clinic to make his deposit, so to speak. I gave DH the news. He completely innocently said, "Oh, you don't even have to go!" I've been sick with a cold (triggered by seasonal allergies), so he just figured I'd be happy to sleep in.

I started crying..."I know...you don't need me in this process. I'm not needed...I know...I know...." Poor DH didn't know what hit him and he was so apologetic.

Oh - I do know better, but it just struck a chord. It probably doesn't help that I'm taking cough supressant with codeine (prescribed by RE), in order to help me get over this cold asap.

mapchee
mapchee

June 2nd, 2011, 6:55 pm #2

you're just taking turns! ; )

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 2nd, 2011, 7:03 pm #3

It's just making me sad all of a sudden, all over again. Is this normal?

macphee
macphee

June 2nd, 2011, 7:15 pm #4

you're just taking turns. it's certainly not the way any of us envisioned starting a family. I understand your feelings. I, for one, am grateful to have the opportunity to be able to try with DE.

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 2nd, 2011, 7:35 pm #5

I do know better. I really do. And, like I said, the codeine cough syrup is not helping the emotional state right now!

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 2nd, 2011, 8:48 pm #6

We got good news today. Donor is doing well and she will likely retrieve Sunday. Of course, this means DH has to go to the clinic to make his deposit, so to speak. I gave DH the news. He completely innocently said, "Oh, you don't even have to go!" I've been sick with a cold (triggered by seasonal allergies), so he just figured I'd be happy to sleep in.

I started crying..."I know...you don't need me in this process. I'm not needed...I know...I know...." Poor DH didn't know what hit him and he was so apologetic.

Oh - I do know better, but it just struck a chord. It probably doesn't help that I'm taking cough supressant with codeine (prescribed by RE), in order to help me get over this cold asap.
I know that you know your DH was TRYING to be supportive and it all came out wrong. (He's just a man. ) YOU are the biggest factor in all of this. The donor has a necessary role, to provide an egg. YOU, however, have a much more important one. Your job is to turn that little embryo into a person. That's no easy job. You'll be providing blood, nutrients, oxygen, warmth, determining which of those nifty little DNA strands get turned on and which ones get turned off, giving a safe place to grow, feeding and cuddling and protecting for years and years... Without you, there's no baby, no person. That's a daunting task.

Imagine an apple and the seeds inside it. They are by no means apples yet. It takes a lot to grow a tree and see it to maturity and watch it give fruit.

You're important.

Wishing you health and a week that races by. (( ))

June 2nd, 2011, 8:59 pm #7

That really helps. I don't know why this is happening now, of all times. Maybe because we are finally so close to transfer.

All the best to you as well.

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 2nd, 2011, 9:02 pm #8

And codeine is a depressant, isn't it? That can't help how you're feeling.

I hope this works for you.

June 2nd, 2011, 9:38 pm #9

Last I took it was this morning at 4am. And it's still creeping through my system, and not in a good way. Wahhh!!!!

June 2nd, 2011, 11:49 pm #10

here is my story. I never DID do OE IVF but I can imagine how you feel. In a way it was a blessing that I did not know to recall when I was involved. AND EVEN SO when I saw the embryos, flourishing, healthy, dividing with my husband sperm. Yes, there was pain. YES there was regret and sadness. I thought "I want to see us together like that. I just do"
that's the honest truth.

But here is what you MUST hold on to: pictures of babies, holding a baby doll (I'm not kidding I did, to get my body in a nurturing mood) the END result is SO worth it. now I look back on that moment. it was blip in the radar. My baby is the greatest thing ever.

One step at a time.

You ARE doing things! getting rest, getting your body ready. and TRUST me, if this takes WHEN this takes it's ALL ABOUT YOU!