Some questions please for over 45?

Some questions please for over 45?

deannaT
deannaT

November 21st, 2010, 10:22 am #1

Hello.
Just was wondering if when you dealt with your clinic...did you use an e-mail account that you always use or did you make up a gmail or one like that?
Also were there any restrictions from having you cycle?
How did you pay for it?(we are not covered for anything except possible first appt)
Anyone have success with $ back programs over 45?
Thanks so much for any and all info!!! I appreciate you all

Kekona
Kekona

November 21st, 2010, 12:54 pm #2

some clinics require extra testing, like stress test, even colonoscopy, mammogram.

Borrowed against 401k and got new credit lines.

Haven't tried $ back programs.

GL.

Bharani
Bharani

November 21st, 2010, 3:54 pm #3

I have been thinking about you. stay strong. did you do the d&c yet. Hugs
Bharani

November 21st, 2010, 4:07 pm #4

The d&c is scheduled for Tuesday. thank you for your kindness. I hope you are well. I know it's very hard waiting for the match. I hope your dh will be more supportive of your wishes.

Kacee
Kacee

November 21st, 2010, 4:20 pm #5

Hello.
Just was wondering if when you dealt with your clinic...did you use an e-mail account that you always use or did you make up a gmail or one like that?
How did you pay for it?(we are not covered for anything except possible first appt)
is different in testing they require. My clinic required extra testing.

Hope2009
Hope2009

November 21st, 2010, 5:46 pm #6

Hello.
used our regular families email address right from the start when I was getting to know our clinic which by the way is at a distance from where we live.

Since I was 48 when we did our first fresh cycle my Dr. had me in the month before for a sonohysterogram to check on the health of my uterus. Also I had to have a mammogram and of course other tests in ensure my health was good...an ecg to check my heart...my blood pressure etc.

Once my health was cleared there were no restrictions when we cycled. In hindsight I wished I had asked them to do extensive blood tests to see if I had any immune issues b/c our first cycle ended in a chem m/c and it was a perfect cycle...top grade blasts and perfect lining.

After that my Dr. ran the blood panel and found I tested positive for a blood clotting disorder, factor V Leiden...passed down by one parent...so for our follow up FET cycle I was put on heparin and got pg with our singleton DS.
We also have no insurance etc coverage so paid for the cycles from savings $25,000..high due to our travel expenses to the clinic for the two cycles..and no our clinic didn't have a money back policy like some of the ones in the States...I know we looked into a clinic in Seattle Wa and you paid for 2 cycles but they would give you three..for the same money.

The money etc may seem daunting but once you have your baby in your arms...well I'd have paid 10 times that and mortgaged our house to bring him to earth. We have done another FET recently (I was 50 when we cycled) and we are pg with twins...and we still have a few frozen embies left.
I hope gathering information from other people's experiences helps you move forward...listen to your heart and you will know what is right for you.

Good luck with your journey.
Blessings from Hope

deannaT
deannaT

November 21st, 2010, 11:18 pm #7

some clinics require extra testing, like stress test, even colonoscopy, mammogram.

Borrowed against 401k and got new credit lines.

Haven't tried $ back programs.

GL.
Gosh that was sweet of you to respond with so much going on! You are in my thoughts and prayers...hope things turn around for you and all of us SOON!

deannaT
deannaT

November 21st, 2010, 11:19 pm #8

is different in testing they require. My clinic required extra testing.
Really appreciate the response

deannaT
deannaT

November 21st, 2010, 11:29 pm #9

used our regular families email address right from the start when I was getting to know our clinic which by the way is at a distance from where we live.

Since I was 48 when we did our first fresh cycle my Dr. had me in the month before for a sonohysterogram to check on the health of my uterus. Also I had to have a mammogram and of course other tests in ensure my health was good...an ecg to check my heart...my blood pressure etc.

Once my health was cleared there were no restrictions when we cycled. In hindsight I wished I had asked them to do extensive blood tests to see if I had any immune issues b/c our first cycle ended in a chem m/c and it was a perfect cycle...top grade blasts and perfect lining.

After that my Dr. ran the blood panel and found I tested positive for a blood clotting disorder, factor V Leiden...passed down by one parent...so for our follow up FET cycle I was put on heparin and got pg with our singleton DS.
We also have no insurance etc coverage so paid for the cycles from savings $25,000..high due to our travel expenses to the clinic for the two cycles..and no our clinic didn't have a money back policy like some of the ones in the States...I know we looked into a clinic in Seattle Wa and you paid for 2 cycles but they would give you three..for the same money.

The money etc may seem daunting but once you have your baby in your arms...well I'd have paid 10 times that and mortgaged our house to bring him to earth. We have done another FET recently (I was 50 when we cycled) and we are pg with twins...and we still have a few frozen embies left.
I hope gathering information from other people's experiences helps you move forward...listen to your heart and you will know what is right for you.

Good luck with your journey.
Blessings from Hope
Thanks for the heartfelt reply!
I needed to hear that because my dh just was ready to go with de and then he started freaking out about the finances...so hearing what you said will help me to ground him a little. He is a wonderful man, but with all of the medical bills still piled up from previous clinics and procedures...well you know. We will have to take out a loan of some kind as well.
Please shoot up a prayer for me as I get ready to try this. Besides the finances I am scared I am going to get kicked out for something. I have done so many tests all I keep thinking is how jealous(I know its wrong) I am of women who do not have to get cleared to proceed or have to pay thousands of dollars only to have "try" to get on the good side of the odds of having a child!
I totally understand having to spend thousands after you have one...that is what most parents do anyway
Bless you and Thanks again. Hope you do not mind me asking more questions

November 23rd, 2010, 2:54 am #10

Hello.
...and am wondering why you wouldn't? It's not like they don't know your real identity... Maybe there's something I'm not getting...???

Anyway, I cycled in South Africa when I was 46, 47, and 48. No restrictions. Had to send over some test results from my previous ART treatments; I forget what the exact questions were. I cycled overseas because it's so much cheaper than cycling in the U.S. Was successful on my last try.

Maya