Sex before ET???

Sex before ET???

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 11th, 2011, 4:08 am #1

I have read somewhere on these boards that having sperm in the uterus helps w/ implantation due to the chemicals in the sperm and how they react to the uterine lining.

Does anyone on here know something about this for a donor recipient???

TIA,
futurebeauty

December 11th, 2011, 5:13 am #2

I had heard that too. That in a 'natural' conception, the sperm/semen is in the uterus. So I figured it couldn't hurt. We did the deed a day and a half before transfer (he left for home shortly thereafter). I don't know if it helped or not but the cycle was successful (twins).

December 11th, 2011, 5:31 am #3

I have read somewhere on these boards that having sperm in the uterus helps w/ implantation due to the chemicals in the sperm and how they react to the uterine lining.

TIA,
futurebeauty
The article I referenced there was about intercourse and ET...nothing about the genetics of the recipient/donor and I can't imagine it would make any difference that it's a DE cycle. Best get busy

Good luck

Al

December 11th, 2011, 1:53 pm #4

TIA,
futurebeauty
My clinic always includes as instructions on my calender, "please have intercourse the evening prior to ET" so there must be something to it. Nothing like a doctors note to liven up the romance.

J
J

December 11th, 2011, 3:50 pm #5

Never heard this before. Thanks for the tip!