Scared its a chemical - almost negative HPT this morning

Scared its a chemical - almost negative HPT this morning

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

October 18th, 2010, 4:36 am #1

I guess this part of the reason that people say stay away from the evil pee sticks.

Saturday - clearblue digital = "pregnant 1 -2 weeks" + 1 positive no brand test
Sunday - clearblue positive = "pregnant 1 -2 weeks" +1 Fortel HPT where the line came up after 5 minutes but was clearly there

This morning Fortel only and the line is so so so faint and came up after the time limit. It was first morning urine but I had drunk a lot of water and I did notice it looked very diluted....
Now i have no more tests and no blood test until tomorrow so I am naturally beside myself...

But not feeling too positive.. Surely the tests should be getting stronger by now...
Any thoughts.
MFH!

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 18th, 2010, 5:09 am #2

Even the same brand sticks in the same box can have different sensitivities! The darkness of the line isn't a gauge either, because of diluted urine like you say. Personally when I used FMU the results were not as good as later in the day. Those sticks need to Shut Up!

Best wishes for great numbers this week

October 18th, 2010, 5:18 am #3

I guess this part of the reason that people say stay away from the evil pee sticks.

Sunday - clearblue positive = "pregnant 1 -2 weeks" +1 Fortel HPT where the line came up after 5 minutes but was clearly there

This morning Fortel only and the line is so so so faint and came up after the time limit. It was first morning urine but I had drunk a lot of water and I did notice it looked very diluted....
Now i have no more tests and no blood test until tomorrow so I am naturally beside myself...

But not feeling too positive.. Surely the tests should be getting stronger by now...
Any thoughts.
MFH!
Hang in there

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

October 18th, 2010, 10:17 am #4

Even the same brand sticks in the same box can have different sensitivities! The darkness of the line isn't a gauge either, because of diluted urine like you say. Personally when I used FMU the results were not as good as later in the day. Those sticks need to Shut Up!

Best wishes for great numbers this week
Ok ..I went and bought another test and the positive came up in the right time frame although faint so I am going to try and relax until tomorrow .argh! thanks for your experience.
MFH

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

October 18th, 2010, 10:18 am #5

Hang in there
your experience...
How on earth am I going to survive the next 2 months?
MFH

October 18th, 2010, 11:30 am #6

Any thoughts.
MFH!
That is why they are the "Evil Pee Sticks"! They can play with your mind so much! I wouldn't worry today! I wish you a nice strong healthy number tomorrow! Keep us posted!

*I was thinking of you driving into work this morning, wondering if you had poas??* See what happens when I take a couple of days off!

ks

October 18th, 2010, 11:34 am #7

How you doing? I read you transferred two perfect blasts. How you coping with the two week wait?

Will you do an HPT before beta?
MY DH thinks I'm mad - he's like that is 5 HPTS now - little does he know he he!

but now I am beside myself waiting for the beta....
MFH

October 18th, 2010, 12:09 pm #8

I'm back home and at work today. I wish I had kept this day off too, so I could spend more time cuddling with my pups! I'm not feeling overly optimistic right now. I don't really know why I'm feeling this way. The progesterone has screwed with me every cycle in a different way, so I don't know what is a symptom and what isn't. I think I might poas tomorrow. 5dp 5dt. I don't know...? I wish I just had some spotting! {dang it}

Ohhhh how I hate the 2ww!

ks

October 18th, 2010, 12:21 pm #9

KS,
I totally did not feel positive as I had ZERO symptoms and when I have been pregnant before (miscarriage at 8 weeks and 5 weeks) I knew straight away from implantation cramps and bleeding. This time NOTHING.

I did a test 5 dp 5dt and did not get a positive. You may get lucky but it is very early. I got a positive 7dp 5dt with a clear blue digital - was expecting the worse and was really shocked..woke DH up...) 7,8,9 dp 5dt had cramps in the evening but light...

I am really really hoping for you and will be checking boards for an update.
Best
MFH!

Secretly cycling
Secretly cycling

October 18th, 2010, 2:52 pm #10

Any thoughts.
MFH!
But I know that the depth of the color isn't what you need to worry about. Those over the counter pee sticks aren't as correctly calabrated as we'd like them to be, plus if your urine was diluted that could chance the color. Hang in there. It is still positive!

I had a transfer on Oct 7th and typically the Beta would have been on the 16th, but because I added an HCG shot to this cycle (the night before my transfer) they delayed my Beta until the 21st to make sure that all the 10K units from the shot have left my system. Personally I think they are being too cautious (common wisdom says it is generally gone by 10 days) and I think I should just POAS already, but I'm afraid to do it.

To top it off, I only have about 2 days left of PIO and 4 of Lovenox so I need to get the clinic to call in a refill, but I don't want to pay for these expensive meds (I am self pay because I've used up all my insurance coverage) and then find out a day or two later that I'm not pg. Also, the stupid meds would be in my house mocking me!

Ugh. What to do!? Maybe I'll head to Walgreens during my lunch hour to buy an evil pee stick.

Best to you and everyone else who is days away from their Beta.