Sayonara UTI and thoughts

Sayonara UTI and thoughts

March 22nd, 2012, 11:45 pm #1

So, I had this UTI which really presented more as pressure and urgency than the typical burning. Did a round of antibiotics, but no improvement.

Saw Gyno Tuesday, and she took a urine sample and cultured it, but also put me immediately on Cipro...still no immediate improvement, but she had also given me diflucan pill, and I took that yesterday. She just called and said the culture showed NOTHING grew.

My big fear was that my old bout with interstitial cystitis could be returning.

However, today I think I am feeling a lot better! I believe that the cystitis was complicated by a yeast infection, and that, combined with some mild constipation and general pelvis stuff going on with all the meds was making it hard to distinguish the real culprit.

A little self cognitive therapy (reminding myself to focus on the specific spot of my body where I am feeling pressure, which is not so much my bladder per se) and the diflucan seem to have really helped.

So any, sorry for the TMI, but I think I am on the right track.

Thanks for all the suggestions --

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 22nd, 2012, 11:53 pm #2

Glad your are feeling better! nt

March 23rd, 2012, 1:38 am #3

So, I had this UTI which really presented more as pressure and urgency than the typical burning. Did a round of antibiotics, but no improvement.

Saw Gyno Tuesday, and she took a urine sample and cultured it, but also put me immediately on Cipro...still no immediate improvement, but she had also given me diflucan pill, and I took that yesterday. She just called and said the culture showed NOTHING grew.

However, today I think I am feeling a lot better! I believe that the cystitis was complicated by a yeast infection, and that, combined with some mild constipation and general pelvis stuff going on with all the meds was making it hard to distinguish the real culprit.

A little self cognitive therapy (reminding myself to focus on the specific spot of my body where I am feeling pressure, which is not so much my bladder per se) and the diflucan seem to have really helped.

Hi M,
I've had tests that showed nothing yet you definitely had something. I've no idea what it is about. See how you go. But you are right you have a lot going on. I like the CBT Good for you, best, THK

March 23rd, 2012, 4:58 pm #4

So glad you're feeling better! n/t