RI in Czech Rep + myivfalternative

RI in Czech Rep + myivfalternative

March 11th, 2011, 10:35 pm #1

I'm progressing with my plans to do DE in Reprofit International in Brno, Czech Rep. We are going via myivfalternative, which increases the price significantly but gives us earlier dates and the assistance of wonderful coordinators who have been handing all my queries promptly. I know an anon poster mentioned they used myivfalternative for their first DE cycle with RI but then went direct with RI for a subsequent cycle. I was just wondering if that person could let me know if there was any problem with doing that. I imagine once you have done it once you really don't need the services of myivfalternative for coordination, but would it mean going on the really long waiting list quoted by RI of 8-10 months if you go direct?

BTW, I know I haven't done my first cycle yet but I am already planning the finances for a second attempt. I have had failed OE ivf's in the past and I know I simply have to have a back-up plan, so I can cope if I get a BFN.

March 11th, 2011, 10:38 pm #2

Fertility Friends website? I would really recommend talking to them as there are loads of people cycling there now and the vast majority organise it all directly.

I did the same via DE in Spain and it is pretty straightforward and much cheaper.

Here is a link to the Czech message board on F. Friends:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum ... oard=347.0

Daisy
xx

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 11th, 2011, 10:47 pm #3

I'm progressing with my plans to do DE in Reprofit International in Brno, Czech Rep. We are going via myivfalternative, which increases the price significantly but gives us earlier dates and the assistance of wonderful coordinators who have been handing all my queries promptly. I know an anon poster mentioned they used myivfalternative for their first DE cycle with RI but then went direct with RI for a subsequent cycle. I was just wondering if that person could let me know if there was any problem with doing that. I imagine once you have done it once you really don't need the services of myivfalternative for coordination, but would it mean going on the really long waiting list quoted by RI of 8-10 months if you go direct?

BTW, I know I haven't done my first cycle yet but I am already planning the finances for a second attempt. I have had failed OE ivf's in the past and I know I simply have to have a back-up plan, so I can cope if I get a BFN.
I'm doing a FET in April in US but if it does not work I'm considering myivfalternative and Czech Republic. Hope all goes smoothly for you. GL

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 11th, 2011, 11:07 pm #4

it was fine on the second trip altho that was just an fet but everything was grand. i would also reccomend the fert friends website as there is tons of info on travel and hotels restaurants etc if you want more info post an email address and i will contact u directly. i am in the middle of a m/c now from the fet so i dont post much as i am too depresed to give any useful advice to most posters but dont let that discourage you as reprofit is excellent. ps i think your irish i am irish too living in u.s. good luck

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 11th, 2011, 11:15 pm #5

just let me know and i will post it. we stayed at the grand hotel first time was fine. next time we stayed at best western we loved it. i can give you good food places etc and brno is very easy to navigate. also can give you hotel recs in prague. good luck i will use myivfalt for my next fresh cycle as the can bump you up the waitlist and that sits me perfectly when i decide to do it again. i can't think about it just yet ugh

Bharani
Bharani

March 12th, 2011, 4:00 pm #6

Fertility Friends website? I would really recommend talking to them as there are loads of people cycling there now and the vast majority organise it all directly.

I did the same via DE in Spain and it is pretty straightforward and much cheaper.

Daisy
xx
I am going to have one cycle here in US. If that doesn't work I am thinking to go abroad somewhere, but since I am olive skin tone. Although, I know being in spain doesn't mean the people have olive skin tone, I am thinking maybe there will be more like hispanic peopel again closer to what I am looking for. Will you please share with me their cost, the type of donors they have/ trip anything that you know is important for us to know.

March 13th, 2011, 11:57 am #7

it was fine on the second trip altho that was just an fet but everything was grand. i would also reccomend the fert friends website as there is tons of info on travel and hotels restaurants etc if you want more info post an email address and i will contact u directly. i am in the middle of a m/c now from the fet so i dont post much as i am too depresed to give any useful advice to most posters but dont let that discourage you as reprofit is excellent. ps i think your irish i am irish too living in u.s. good luck
because I know how it feels. I got BFP from my very first IVF attempt with OE but ended in mc at 8 weeks 1 day. It was hard when it happened and it was also hard in the weeks that followed. Such a horrible emotional time. For me, I only got over it when I started to plan for another cycle. I see you have that plan in mind already, albeit it is too painful to think about at the moment. I send you comforting hugs now, I really do. So very kind of you to respond to me at this time. Thank you.

March 13th, 2011, 1:33 pm #8

I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you are getting the TLC that you need during this time and that you are being kind to yourself.

Sending hugs!!!

March 13th, 2011, 8:22 pm #9

Daisy
xx
messaged on that board so perhaps I should do so now. I just feel more at home on these boards I guess since I was dx with high fsh all those years ago. I kinda thought it was all UK people (I live in Ireland now) and I thought the UK ladies were probably unlikely to use myivfalternative which seems to be aimed at ladies from the US. However, using their services means an earlier cycle date and I just wanted to get going since I'm over 44yrs now.

March 13th, 2011, 8:24 pm #10

I'm doing a FET in April in US but if it does not work I'm considering myivfalternative and Czech Republic. Hope all goes smoothly for you. GL
and your FET in April will be successful. But thank you and yes, I will keep posting. Cheers.