Progesterone Knot, so hard as a rock

Progesterone Knot, so hard as a rock

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 6th, 2012, 3:30 am #1

Hi Ladies, I have great news, received a postive on my pregnancy test. But, now I have this big hard knots on one hip where progesterone shots had been given. I always use heating pad 10 min before and after and massage. I have started to use electric massager on the knot, but doesnt budge. Any ideas or experience with this? Will see nurse on Monday. I am concerned that the progesterone was not absorbed and when can I use this side again. Afraid the same thing will happen to other side. Only stayed on one side for a few injections, due to the other side extremely sore. Thanks

green.elephant
green.elephant

May 6th, 2012, 5:10 am #2

Same thing happened to me - knots were horrible but they went away after a few more days - we started doing the shots more laterally and that helped a lot. Congrats on the positive test!

May 6th, 2012, 5:22 am #3

Hi Ladies, I have great news, received a postive on my pregnancy test. But, now I have this big hard knots on one hip where progesterone shots had been given. I always use heating pad 10 min before and after and massage. I have started to use electric massager on the knot, but doesnt budge. Any ideas or experience with this? Will see nurse on Monday. I am concerned that the progesterone was not absorbed and when can I use this side again. Afraid the same thing will happen to other side. Only stayed on one side for a few injections, due to the other side extremely sore. Thanks
I had some that lasted for weeks. nt

May 6th, 2012, 12:12 pm #4

and almost the whole time was able to stick with the easy side. I did not have any knots form at all. Can you bear to give the area a good rubbing?

CrazyLady
CrazyLady

May 6th, 2012, 7:48 pm #5

Just hopin' it will be worth it . Congrats on your pregnancy!!

May 6th, 2012, 9:28 pm #6

I have a matching set...one each side. Try to alternate nightly so I am not lop-sided. Cooper said I will be on PIO for about 12 weeks. very expensive since I go through a bottle every 4 days.Ouch again....but worth it.last Wed progesterone was at 106 so it is working. I am haveing trouble keeping these patches in place with it being hot and me sweating. Tapeing them but that just irritates skin more.

Veesha
Veesha

May 6th, 2012, 9:55 pm #7

I had horrible pains and lumps after shots and did a few things after consulting ladies on the board.

1 thing I did about 7 minutes of ice prior to shot then moist heat and massage after.

I also got the nurse to circle the injection area and it was much bigger than I had previously thought so I had a lot of space so as ons area healed I could inject another.

All the best with your pregnancy and can't wait til you "out" yourself and we can celebrate the entire beautiful road to motherhood with you!

Arlene
Arlene

May 7th, 2012, 6:15 pm #8

Just hopin' it will be worth it . Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Yes, I think we cycled around the same time. Seems like once one side heals the other is sore. Nurse said v normal, and the body is still absorbing te progesterone. I also asked the pharmacist.