Probably Cancelling Cycle!!

Probably Cancelling Cycle!!

June 2nd, 2011, 12:41 am #1

Well I posted earlier that my donor had AFC of 3. She started stims on Sunday and her E2level went from 25 last Friday to 14 yesterday!! YIKES!! They increased her follistim and she has another blood test tomorrow. The nurse at RE office said about 90% chance that they will cancel. So in my opinion she is not a good donor and I want to move on. I am concerned about my agency and whether or not they will have me pay her or let me out of some of my agency fee. Has anyone been through a cancelled cycle before? How does that work with agency???

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2011, 1:03 am #2

As far as the payments to the donor and agency, it depends on how the contracts were set up. In ours the donor got incremental payments at certain milestones, such as passing clinic medical clearance and starting injectable stims. Since your clinic did accept her and she started her meds and went to monitoring appointments in good faith and compliance, you probably do owe her some compensation, how much should be spelled out in the contract.

I don't understand why your clinic even accepted the donor based on AFC of 3, that seems outrageous to me, and costly.

The agency will probably also want to be partially compensated since the cycle did officially get started, and they aren't really responsible for poor response The remainder of the agency fee they usually want to apply toward another donor from the same agency.

Maybe you can get the remainder of the donor's expensive meds, but I don't know if that is even allowed.

K
K

June 2nd, 2011, 1:14 am #3

Well I posted earlier that my donor had AFC of 3. She started stims on Sunday and her E2level went from 25 last Friday to 14 yesterday!! YIKES!! They increased her follistim and she has another blood test tomorrow. The nurse at RE office said about 90% chance that they will cancel. So in my opinion she is not a good donor and I want to move on. I am concerned about my agency and whether or not they will have me pay her or let me out of some of my agency fee. Has anyone been through a cancelled cycle before? How does that work with agency???
My agency pays the donor 500.00 if cycle gets canceled and you have to pick another donor from them. No money back. my heart is breaking for you right now. I don't see how your re accepted her with an AFC of 3 either. Seems to me like RE dropped the ball. I'd be mad.... What did re say??? (((((((hugs))))))))$

ALM
ALM

June 2nd, 2011, 1:59 am #4

I am so sorry. I know you are ready to get going and the expense poured in so far is substantial. I hope you can work something out with the clinic & agency. Sending you hugs.

June 2nd, 2011, 2:11 am #5

AFC prior to BCP was 14. The DE coordinator said that BCP and lupron oversuppressed donor. I just hate to have to start over and want to move to another donor. Ready to get this show on the road!!

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 2nd, 2011, 2:18 am #6

the personal disappointment and the expense...I'm so sorry. You probably won't incur 100% of the expenses, but still. Hang in there, although that is certainly easier to suggest than to do. Take care of yourself.

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 2nd, 2011, 5:46 am #7

I'm so sorry. I know it's not only the money but the lost chance to get pregnant this month. I hope you find the right donor for you and success soon. And fingers are crossed re: money.

June 2nd, 2011, 7:30 am #8

worked with a clinic so not sure as I think agency is different. I do believe under 10 mine would be cancelled and we paid only for the meds. I think. In any case. Hang in there. If its a reputable agency they will work it out.
I know someone who had a cancellation due to other issues and she is due to deliver any day now. So it will happen again. Still the disappointment can be so very deep and the feeling of this being out of your control I know it's so hard. We are with you honey.
Last edited by birdy1600 on June 2nd, 2011, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 2nd, 2011, 5:35 pm #9

Yeah, I think it's time to give this one up. Wish I had advice for you but have never dealt with an agency. Hope your Plan B works out much better.

H40+
H40+

June 2nd, 2011, 6:56 pm #10

As far as the payments to the donor and agency, it depends on how the contracts were set up. In ours the donor got incremental payments at certain milestones, such as passing clinic medical clearance and starting injectable stims. Since your clinic did accept her and she started her meds and went to monitoring appointments in good faith and compliance, you probably do owe her some compensation, how much should be spelled out in the contract.

I don't understand why your clinic even accepted the donor based on AFC of 3, that seems outrageous to me, and costly.

The agency will probably also want to be partially compensated since the cycle did officially get started, and they aren't really responsible for poor response The remainder of the agency fee they usually want to apply toward another donor from the same agency.

Maybe you can get the remainder of the donor's expensive meds, but I don't know if that is even allowed.
You can get the remainde of the meds back for sure