Pop a cycst and begin stims right away?

Pop a cycst and begin stims right away?

December 5th, 2011, 9:59 pm #1

Has anyone ever heard of this?

My donor has a cyst that is producing estrogen even though she is on lupron. After five additional days of lupron they have decided to evacuate the cyst and begin stims immediately.

During OE IVF I have had a cyst that stopped me from beginning stims. I stayed on BCP until they were gone and then began stims. The concern of course being that the cyst would become dominant.

My concern is that going in to rupture the cyst will effect the ability of the ovary to produce healthy follicles. Or, with out a suitable waiting/healing period, the cyst will regenerate and grow under the influence of the stims.

Does any one have any experience with this?

Thanks in advanced for any insight.

E&H
E&H

December 5th, 2011, 11:36 pm #2

Like an egg retrieval. a couple of years ago we did it for a donor and started stims right away, can't remember which donor it was now but I know it was ok

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 6th, 2011, 12:22 am #3

My donor has a cyst that is producing estrogen even though she is on lupron. After five additional days of lupron they have decided to evacuate the cyst and begin stims immediately.

During OE IVF I have had a cyst that stopped me from beginning stims. I stayed on BCP until they were gone and then began stims. The concern of course being that the cyst would become dominant.

My concern is that going in to rupture the cyst will effect the ability of the ovary to produce healthy follicles. Or, with out a suitable waiting/healing period, the cyst will regenerate and grow under the influence of the stims.

Glad E&H posted to provide you with some re-assurance.

December 6th, 2011, 3:18 am #4

Like an egg retrieval. a couple of years ago we did it for a donor and started stims right away, can't remember which donor it was now but I know it was ok
I had never heard of doing that without waiting to see the resolution before starting the stims. Needless to say I am just concerned that outcomes (# eggs retrieved) might be effected by the insult to the ovary. Since the donor has cycled before I am confident that they would not attempt this with out having a sense of the probable outcome.

Thank-you again. I really value your insight and information.

December 6th, 2011, 3:19 am #5

Glad E&H posted to provide you with some re-assurance.
We all have been waiting a LONG time!

Hopeful in Delaware
Hopeful in Delaware

December 7th, 2011, 3:37 am #6

great to hear this cycle may be a go for you!