PIO oil leakage?

PIO oil leakage?

March 17th, 2011, 4:34 am #1

Two times now I've had oil leakage.

I called the pharmacy and they said it was probably just a little. But this time it looked like more.

Has this happened to anyone? I try to leave the needle in for a couple seconds but if I leave it in too long my hand moves a teeny bit and I get these terrible lumps.

margolis
margolis

March 17th, 2011, 5:16 am #2

I compensated by putting just a hair more in than the 1cc. They say it really isn't much. And, if your P4 level is ok when they test it, then I am sure it's fine. If it's low, they will increase your dosage. GL with your upcoming cycle.

March 17th, 2011, 5:35 am #3

I called the pharmacy and they said it was probably just a little. But this time it looked like more.

Has this happened to anyone? I try to leave the needle in for a couple seconds but if I leave it in too long my hand moves a teeny bit and I get these terrible lumps.
No worries! I never had low progesterone, even with all the leakage. Do press on it afterward, as best as you can.

margolis
margolis

March 17th, 2011, 7:04 am #4

I compensated by putting just a hair more in than the 1cc. They say it really isn't much. And, if your P4 level is ok when they test it, then I am sure it's fine. If it's low, they will increase your dosage. GL with your upcoming cycle.
That I always had a gauze pad ready and used it to apply pressure as soon as I took the needle out. Then I slapped on a bandaid. I am very squeamish and I didn't wait to look if there was any blood, and didn't want any blood stains on my underwear, so I just did this out of habit. Maybe it helped to stop some of the leakage, who knows?

ks
ks

March 17th, 2011, 11:38 am #5

Honestly it was like every other shot I would have leakage. I compensated as well by putting a little extra in the needle. And hubby would massage the area with a tissue right after shot. It seemed to make it less and less.

ks

March 17th, 2011, 6:17 pm #6

and I get a huge lump and other times I have to move with the needle sticking out of my bum to get better lighting and somehow it's a perfect shot without a bruise.

I'm trying to take pride in my abilities here though. Really, I never thought I'd be doing this. I'm getting sort of good at it.

March 17th, 2011, 6:20 pm #7

Use a warm washcloth or your armpit to warm the oil to make it flow more easily...

Some people use a heating pad beforehand.

Stand pigeon toed to relax the muscle. I lift that leg up but maybe the pigeon-toed thing would work better.

And massaging the area--the video didn't tell me to do that! Thanks for that tip.