Phantom feelings?

Phantom feelings?

May 18th, 2011, 5:57 pm #1

Just curious about this. I'm 6dpt3d and I'm feeling a type of pain/ache I haven't felt before. This isn't a cramp like AF. It's more of a pinching, semi sharp pain that usually last a few seconds. Then sometimes I have a stretching sensation in my abdomen. Kind of like a deep cobra stretch but specifically located in the area above my pubic bone. It could very well be that I am willing this to happen as we all just want a positive outcome! It may sound silly but has anyone has this before? I feel it's too far past the procedure to be "discomfort" associated with the transfer but could be wrong. Or crazy. Or both!

anonymous
anonymous

May 18th, 2011, 8:56 pm #2

I haven't had the same sensation. Just tired which I attribute to the progesterone. I have heard that this med will also cause the uterus to change size which could be what you are feeling. I hope it's a combo of meds and implantation! Best of luck.

May 18th, 2011, 8:57 pm #3

Just curious about this. I'm 6dpt3d and I'm feeling a type of pain/ache I haven't felt before. This isn't a cramp like AF. It's more of a pinching, semi sharp pain that usually last a few seconds. Then sometimes I have a stretching sensation in my abdomen. Kind of like a deep cobra stretch but specifically located in the area above my pubic bone. It could very well be that I am willing this to happen as we all just want a positive outcome! It may sound silly but has anyone has this before? I feel it's too far past the procedure to be "discomfort" associated with the transfer but could be wrong. Or crazy. Or both!
Hi AEK,

I've noticed something similar, I think. I'm 9dp5dt right now. For the past 3 days I've had what feel like mild AF cramps off and on, but also a different kind of "stretching" pain just above the pubic bone, as well as various twinges on each side. My beta is Friday--how about you?

May 18th, 2011, 9:46 pm #4

How exciting that your beta is Friday! I hope we hear back from you that it is positive and the numbers are high!! Good luck! My beta isn't until next Thursday. UGH. I know that twinge feeling well. Both sides for me too. Seriously debating whether or not to POAS. Not yet, but maybe next Tuesday.

May 18th, 2011, 9:50 pm #5

I haven't had the same sensation. Just tired which I attribute to the progesterone. I have heard that this med will also cause the uterus to change size which could be what you are feeling. I hope it's a combo of meds and implantation! Best of luck.
I've heard the same about progesterone since it is the "pregnancy" hormone. I'm tired as well. And cranky. But that's nothing new! If you don't mind sharing, when is your beta and what are you doing to keep your mind off it??!!

anonymous
anonymous

May 18th, 2011, 10:20 pm #6

i've got some projects at work that are helping to keep me busy. I'm also looking over my medical records so that I can put together a back up plan. I feel like knowledge is empowering which makes me feel better about this process where we feel so helpless. I also convinced my clinic to change my blood work slip to allow the testing lab to give me the HCG results when they are ready in the a.m. and not have to wait for a fax to the clinic and for late afternoon callbacks.

May 18th, 2011, 11:54 pm #7

Being organized and prepared always made me feel better during each previous attempt. (so many different types of attempts-so little time) You are right that it definitely puts the power back into your hands for what you can control. I think it's awesome that you are having the lab give you the results. I hadn't thought of that but I just might run that up the flagpole at my clinic. Just another way to stay on top of it and not rely on them to get me the information. Best of luck to you next Wednesday. Wishing you all those sticky vibes, baby dust and other stuff!!!

May 19th, 2011, 3:17 pm #8

How exciting that your beta is Friday! I hope we hear back from you that it is positive and the numbers are high!! Good luck! My beta isn't until next Thursday. UGH. I know that twinge feeling well. Both sides for me too. Seriously debating whether or not to POAS. Not yet, but maybe next Tuesday.
Thanks, AEK! I have decided not to POAS because I've heard that negative HPTs can sometimes be followed by positive betas. Just don't want the rollercoaster of emotion...plus it's a 2 hour drive to our clinic (argh!). We could have the blood drawn locally, but wouldn't get a same-day result (we're in the sticks here), so it's better to make the drive and that way we'll hear sometime in the afternoon.

As for keeping busy, I'm off work now (I teach, and we had graduation last weekend), but I'm filling up the time by decluttering and organizing the house. Taking the car for service this afternoon. Reading some light mysteries, etc.

After feeling nothing much yesterday, I'm starting to feel crampy again today, plus a little queasy...but that might well be nerves.

Fingers crossed for all of us!

Jen