paging Mrs. McIrish

paging Mrs. McIrish

jmassage
jmassage

September 10th, 2012, 3:40 pm #1

Hi. I was just wondering if you had looked into Albany IVF before deciding on CNY?? They are more expensive but I don't believe they limit the number of eggs you receive. It looks like they haven't done many donor cycles, but from what I can see they have a pretty high success rate. I think I'm reading the stats correctly. Just wondering what you though. Of course, now I'm second guessing our decision of going with cny.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

September 10th, 2012, 4:27 pm #2

I researched the places that do a lot of DE cycles and had donor pools. I just popped onto Albany and they only had 10 cycles in 2010? I would not be comfortable with that low a number of cycles. I've been a guinea pig long enough trying with my OE and can't be another experiment at a place with no experience.

I am also on a tight time crunch as I am getting laid off at the end of the year and will lose the health insurance that I have now. This health insurance is very flexible and lets me travel OOT for IVF/DE. DH's insurance will only let me cycle at a few places in MA and none of those places have a donor pool. You have to use an agency and it would still cost us upwards of $20K with insurance. We could not risk that money when we don't know how long it will take me to get a new job(especially if DE works and I am PG). So, we needed to move quickly at a place we could afford. CNY was basically our only option. You can only do the best you can within your own limits...

jmassage
jmassage

September 10th, 2012, 6:24 pm #3

Your right...I did see that they only did 10 cycles in 2010. We will stay with cny. We have actually had a very good experience with them. I wish you so much luck. I hope this is it for you. Keep me posted

jmassage
jmassage

September 10th, 2012, 6:26 pm #4

I researched the places that do a lot of DE cycles and had donor pools. I just popped onto Albany and they only had 10 cycles in 2010? I would not be comfortable with that low a number of cycles. I've been a guinea pig long enough trying with my OE and can't be another experiment at a place with no experience.

I am also on a tight time crunch as I am getting laid off at the end of the year and will lose the health insurance that I have now. This health insurance is very flexible and lets me travel OOT for IVF/DE. DH's insurance will only let me cycle at a few places in MA and none of those places have a donor pool. You have to use an agency and it would still cost us upwards of $20K with insurance. We could not risk that money when we don't know how long it will take me to get a new job(especially if DE works and I am PG). So, we needed to move quickly at a place we could afford. CNY was basically our only option. You can only do the best you can within your own limits...
Your right...I did see that they only did 10 cycles in 2010. We will stay with cny. We have actually had a very good experience with them. I wish you so much luck. I hope this is it for you. Keep me posted

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

September 10th, 2012, 7:31 pm #5

Wishing you the best of luck as well. Did you pick a donor yet? I am just waiting for AF to show up in about a week and then we can get started. So anxious to get underway!!! I will post more once donor is stimming etc. Waiting to start is torturous.

jmassage
jmassage

September 10th, 2012, 7:40 pm #6

pick a donor. Sorry for all the double posts. Don't know whats going on. We actually picked her 6 months ago!! We knew she was the one from the start. After I m/c for the third time in Jan from IVF with OE, we decided to take a break, which has actually been really good. Haven't been matched yet. In the middle of mock cycle as we speak. Keep in touch.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

September 10th, 2012, 8:54 pm #7

Not sure if you post under a different name on another board for C.NY? I do and told my story there. I'll re-tell it here in case. For reasons I can't understand, C.NY does not give P4 following the end of your mock. They stop the estrace and then you are on your own. They don't tell you that the cycle is going to be crazy long. I stopped estrace on 8/17 and still have not gotten AF. I went into for b/w and u/s last Friday and it turns out that after stopping estrace, my ovaries decided to grow follies and I O'd some time last week. Today is CD37. I won't get AF for another week at least. My cycles are usually about 25 days so this one will be like 45 or more. Totally annoying since it could have been avoided if I had just taken progesterone starting the day after stopping estrace. Now I have a really thick lining that is going to be gross to shed next week.. (Plus it delayed my DE cycle by 3 weeks)..

September 10th, 2012, 10:07 pm #8

Hi Ladies, I too am looking at cycleing at CNY. Picked a donor and waiting for AF so we can get started. They waived the mock cycle since I have done 7 IVF with all but 1 having a good lining. Best of luck to you both and maybe we will be cycle buddies.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

September 10th, 2012, 11:00 pm #9

I am "Tulley" on the other board..you may have seen some posts from me! Wishing you good luck!

Denise
Denise

September 10th, 2012, 11:41 pm #10

Hi Ladies, I too am looking at cycleing at CNY. Picked a donor and waiting for AF so we can get started. They waived the mock cycle since I have done 7 IVF with all but 1 having a good lining. Best of luck to you both and maybe we will be cycle buddies.
Is back great and gorgeous!!!