One of our board sisters, Margolis, is in tremendous pain (loss mentioned)

One of our board sisters, Margolis, is in tremendous pain (loss mentioned)

September 25th, 2010, 4:19 pm #1

Hello all. For those who don't venture to the green and pink boards, there's been a true tragedy unfolding the past few days and prayers are needed. The details are pasted in posts below but in summary Margolis lost her dear son after 18 weeks of pregnancy, needed an emergency hysterectomy and is now in critical condition herself.

There are some very long threads of support for her on the pink board -- one when she found out she'd be losing the pregnancy, one after her emergency surgery and another asking for recommendations of songs, prayers and poems. Piper is taking her a computer and printout of all of these.

If you know her and even if you don't and want to help a sister at a dire time, I urge you to go to the pink board.

For those who want the details, I am posting them with links below this initial message.

Thank you.

GIMB
Last edited by Kris_S on February 25th, 2012, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 25th, 2010, 4:22 pm #2

Link-http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/m ... argolis%21

------------

Urgent -- please pray for Margolis!September 23 2010 at 1:38 PM Maggie in VA (Login maggie1961)
This morning she began leaking amniotic fluid, unfortunately, lots of it, and has just arrived at the hospital. The OB/GYN said that her baby boy's heart is still beating. She is at 18 weeks. There is still hope, but she needs our prayers. Will let you know if she updates me; she doesn't have a computer with her.

Thanks!

Maggie (in VA)

September 25th, 2010, 4:25 pm #3

Hello all. For those who don't venture to the green and pink boards, there's been a true tragedy unfolding the past few days and prayers are needed. The details are pasted in posts below but in summary Margolis lost her dear son after 18 weeks of pregnancy, needed an emergency hysterectomy and is now in critical condition herself.

There are some very long threads of support for her on the pink board -- one when she found out she'd be losing the pregnancy, one after her emergency surgery and another asking for recommendations of songs, prayers and poems. Piper is taking her a computer and printout of all of these.

If you know her and even if you don't and want to help a sister at a dire time, I urge you to go to the pink board.

For those who want the details, I am posting them with links below this initial message.

Thank you.

GIMB
Links

Part 1http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/m ... ntioned%29

Part 2
http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/m ... he+same%29
---------

This is so hard to write- I am still shaking. They took out the cerclage and she is going to deliver now. The contractions have not yet started.

Hopefully one of her close friends can come and sit with her- if not, I am going up there.

I will print out all the responses and bring them to her- I will also take my laptop for her to use until we can get hers to her. She is just shattered.

This is so not fair-she is such a nice person.

---------
update (still the same)September 24 2010 at 11:01 AM Piper (Login Piper1111)
Margolis is still in the hospital. She had two different friends take shifts last night but nothing has happened yet. I am heading up to the hospital in a few minutes and will take her my laptop to use until she can get hers this evening when her friend brings it to her.

She has asked for some silly chick movies so I am complying!

I will also take some flowers from a lovely florist around the corner and they can be from "her board friends." (That is a great idea) We can figure out how to contribute later. I will take a picture of them at the hospital so everyone can see.

I texted her RE yesterday and he was so sad. He called her last night and his nurse has offered to be with her when she delivers. They are so incredibly nice.

It might also be nice to make a donation to advocacy in Margolis's name. That cause means a lot to her- she is such an incredible advocate and volunteer.
Last edited by Getinmybelly on September 25th, 2010, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 25th, 2010, 4:29 pm #4

Thank you.

GIMB
Link
http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/t ... +Margolis-
---------
I apologize that my last update was not clear. She was contracting but not heavily. She was hoping to avoid a D & C. She said that things felt surreal. I was running a few errands and then was on my way to the hospital with flowers and a card. I called to tell her I was a bit late and a friend of hers answered. She had been taken to surgery.

I just got back from the hospital. Margolis is in critical condition. She delivered the baby (was able to hold him) but started hemorrhaging when the placenta had to be delivered. She was in surgery for more than five hours. They had to do an emergency hysterectomy. She has lost most of her blood and they could not get it to clot.

She had listed two friends as emergency contacts - one of those friends has known her for a long time and knows her family. He called her brother. Her parents and family are on their way right now.

She is in ICU on a ventilator for now. The bleeding has stopped and she is clotting a little bit. I saw her on the way- she looked so small on that gurney.

Her friend is taking our flowers to her parents hotel room.

Her RE talked to her surgeon- he really likes her. I have been very discreet about things so as to protect her privacy.

September 25th, 2010, 4:30 pm #5

Thank you.

GIMB
http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/m ... olis+here-

--------

If you like, would you post a song/poem/quote for Margolis here?

Thank you.

September 25th, 2010, 5:03 pm #6

Thank you.

GIMB
How awful for Margolis......I cannot imagine. I'm so very, very sorry

If you talk to her, please pass on my condolences, and thank you forposting this.

keifel
keifel

September 25th, 2010, 10:50 pm #7

Thank you.

GIMB
I was so very sorry to read the posts on the pink board. She is in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that she is improving.

ttc
ttc

September 26th, 2010, 5:23 am #8

Thank you.

GIMB
There are no words for this. Just such a sad situation. Praying for Margolis' full recovery and in time peace with everything that has happened. So very sorry. ttc

Bharani
Bharani

September 26th, 2010, 3:07 pm #9

Thank you.

GIMB
can help. My prayers, thoughts are with her. I don't know what to say it is very heartful. Margolis, please know I am here for you.
B

September 28th, 2010, 4:37 am #10

Thank you.

GIMB
I will be praying for her recovery and that she will get through this awful time. I would like to contribute but i dont know how to use paypal - is there another way?