Okay, I am hearing there's a lupron shortage...uh, HELLO?!?!

Okay, I am hearing there's a lupron shortage...uh, HELLO?!?!

May 16th, 2011, 7:40 pm #1

I am gearing up for another cycle and will be needing lupron soon, but from what I'm finding it's hard to locate. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

May 16th, 2011, 7:50 pm #2

I hadn't heard, but I just Googled and found a few references to a shortage on various boards. I'm done with Lupron for this cycle (and I hope forever!), but I got it from Walgreens specialty pharmacy (mail-order). You could try them. Good luck!

May 16th, 2011, 8:08 pm #3

I am gearing up for another cycle and will be needing lupron soon, but from what I'm finding it's hard to locate. Has anyone else found this to be the case?
When I went to ivfmeds.com to see whether they had it in response to her, it was on the list, but the price information had been pulled -- think that means they normally carry it, but it's not available. Didn't see diphereline on the list, either, though maybe I missed? Maggie (in VA)

May 16th, 2011, 10:18 pm #4

My RE is going to move forward without it. I only used Lupron with fresh cycle. Prefer no Lupron on FET.

Ann

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 17th, 2011, 12:16 am #5

at Caremark and didn't have any trouble. That was a few weeks ago though.

May 17th, 2011, 1:18 am #6

I would guess if you need it, I bet your doctor will be able to help you locate it. I got mine at caremark but the last I read they were out. I do know the local pharmacy in my area had some a couple of weeks ago.

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 17th, 2011, 1:46 am #7

I found a pharmacy that had a 1 week supply, so we ordered it so that our donor can start her Lupron tomorrow. They claim they will honor the refill request for her week 2 needs, but I am so utterly jaded at this point, I fully expect that promise to fall through. Therefore, I'll call around tomorrow for a pharmacy that can fill the rest of the prescription.

Why is this so complicated? Why is everything so complicated? As if this weren't enough, my dad is hospitalized and on the cusp of needing to be placed in a nursing home. And my husband's employer announced this morning that they will be laying off 15% of the staff in the next few months.

I've just had it. Can I have a glass of wine, please?

May 17th, 2011, 3:06 am #8

I hadn't heard, but I just Googled and found a few references to a shortage on various boards. I'm done with Lupron for this cycle (and I hope forever!), but I got it from Walgreens specialty pharmacy (mail-order). You could try them. Good luck!
I went there to set up an account, but was unable to check on supply of lupron. Since it's afterhours, I will call tomorrow.

I have never used a mail order pharmacy. Did you have a written prescription that you e-mailed them or did your clinic send in the prescription?

May 17th, 2011, 3:12 am #9

When I went to ivfmeds.com to see whether they had it in response to her, it was on the list, but the price information had been pulled -- think that means they normally carry it, but it's not available. Didn't see diphereline on the list, either, though maybe I missed? Maggie (in VA)
I'm just trying to understand how these shortages happen. Isn't drug production a continual process?

May 17th, 2011, 3:14 am #10

My RE is going to move forward without it. I only used Lupron with fresh cycle. Prefer no Lupron on FET.

Ann
I wish you all the best in your FET cycle. Let us know how you're progressing.