Okay, does anyone know the answer to this?

Okay, does anyone know the answer to this?

March 5th, 2011, 2:21 am #1

As you are cycling or preparing for a cycle is it safe to wear tampons during AF? I know lots of women who feel that tampons are unnatural anyway, and they are firm believers that nothing of that sort should be inserted. A couple of women felt as though fibers can drift and cause long term problems. Am I okay wearing a tampon, or should I opt for the "period pad"? I know, it's kind of a ridiculous question, but in the IF world, I don't want to take any chances on anything that is avoidable.

demomone
demomone

March 5th, 2011, 4:00 am #2

while I was TTC, is to use a pad for the very reasons you described above. I would go with the pad after I had my exam that included a vaginal screening to rule out any infections, etc.
Best of luck to you.

Orchid
Orchid

March 5th, 2011, 8:09 am #3

As you are cycling or preparing for a cycle is it safe to wear tampons during AF? I know lots of women who feel that tampons are unnatural anyway, and they are firm believers that nothing of that sort should be inserted. A couple of women felt as though fibers can drift and cause long term problems. Am I okay wearing a tampon, or should I opt for the "period pad"? I know, it's kind of a ridiculous question, but in the IF world, I don't want to take any chances on anything that is avoidable.
Is it really that bad?

It just feels like the uterus is really the issue and it's pretty closed off.

March 5th, 2011, 12:53 pm #4

I wore tampons and was never told not to. nt

ks
ks

March 5th, 2011, 1:25 pm #5

I was never told not to! I used them on my last and had success, so I don't know if it really is a huge issue! Good Luck! Keep us all posted on your cycle!

ks

snowbank03
snowbank03

March 5th, 2011, 1:35 pm #6

and I've been reading fertility boards for over 5 years!

demomone
demomone

March 5th, 2011, 2:02 pm #7

I don't want anyone to get bent out of shape over this..I went to a doctor that was very into the infection thing..and he used antibiotics before a cycle. Maybe that is why he told me no tampons.

Julie
Julie

March 5th, 2011, 6:33 pm #8

but also had REs that had me take antibiotics as well.

March 5th, 2011, 6:42 pm #9

I was just curious about whether it was an issue or not at all. I hope that the question didn't cause stress or tension for anyone. And demomone, I hope you don't think that you caused people stress. You really just stated what you were told and what you did. Good information. Also good information from those who use tampons and didn't see a problem with it, including ks who has had success.

I am not suggesting what anyone should do during their cycles, I was just wondering what folks did do on their cycles and whether it was even an issue. I really asked because I know several women, some who have kids, some who don't and have never tried to have kids, and some who are trying to have kids. They swear that tampons are a concern when it comes to fertility. Now, I must say that I have used tampons for years, so I wasn't a part of that camp. But since I have been TTC, I haven't - just out of the attitude of "doing all I can to help the process", and I just wondered if others used tampons or not.

As I said in the original post, it was a kind of ridiculous question, but one that was in my mind. If one can't ask the "ridiculous" in this type of forum that many feel is a safe haven, where can we ask?

Wishing everyone the best with whatever point you are in this process!

March 6th, 2011, 4:56 am #10

...and I've been on these boards for the past eight years! (And yes, I've always used tampons...)

Maya